Checked subscription of customer.
Currently they have entitlement for S1, which includes Connections Meeting and Chat (based on IBM Sametime)
The account was provisioned at AP site.
To integrate Jabber on-premises with Connections Cloud:
1. Customer must have paid for Jabber on-premises, that's a pre-requisite for enabling Jabber integration.
BTW: When you enable individual users for Jabber, all other chat products are disabled for everyone in the organization.
2, Login to Connections Cloud admin page.
ii. In the list of users, locate the name of a user who will receive access to Jabber and click > Add Third-Party Apps. (for NA, CE site)
For AP site, admin can use this url:
Where "xxxx" is the user's subscriberId.
If you click on the user in the User Account list, in the browser url, you will see the subscriber id (it's called entityId, however).
3. Selecting the “chat” icon - opens a new tab in Chrome
- with this address xmpp://
- Jabber must be installed on client devices.
Jabber is a native application, which means that it must be installed directly on any device where it will be used.
- The Jabber ID must match the Connections Cloud ID if you want to support the Click to Chat, Click to Video Chat, and Click to Call features.
When you click the Chat, Phone, or Video icon (in the Connections Cloud business card or Profile; or in the Verse Important to Me bar or business card) to start a Jabber chat or call with another person, the correct user can only be located if their Jabber ID matches their Connections Cloud ID; otherwise the chat window might open to a nonexistent Jabber user.
For more details, please refer to