TCR reports available in Tivoli Performance Analyzer.
Kiran Shashi 2700069WSG Comments (3) Visits (5225)
Tivoli Performance Analyzer is an agent under the Tivoli framework, that looks at the historical data from various agents in the Tivoli Data Warehouse, and calculates the trend and does forecast based on certain algorithm - on how certain resources of the agents are performing.
The Performance Analyzer ( or ITPA as it is commonly referred to ) should be configured to look at the TDW (Tivoli Data Warehouse) with proper credentials.
Also the agents like OS, ITCAM, DB2, Oracle, VMware, and SystemP should be configured for historical data collection as well as collection intervals. The Warehouse and Summarization and Pruning Agent would ensure that collection happens based on the collection interval configurations ( be it hourly, daily, weekly, quarterly or yearly intervals. )
The summarized data is analyzed by the ITPA on a regular task intervals and corresponding graphs/ charts as well as forecasting data is made available for the user at either the TEPS ( Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server ) GUI or by using the TCR Reports. ( Tivoli Common Reporting ).
To ensure that TCR is prepared to render the Performance Analyzer charts/graphs for the ITPA - the ITPA domain specific reports installer has to be installed and configured to communicate to the Tivoli Data Warehouse.
After this the user can launch the TIP ( Tivoli Integrated portal ) http
Below are some snapshots of the various TCR reports of the agents that ITPA can render.
Snapshot of all the reports from agents that ITPA supports.
I will break down the Agent reports a bit below:
OS agent reports that can be viewed by the user: ( some are self-explanatory )
In this below snapshot - user can select
- Available Memory utilization and view the trend and forecast.
- CPU workload and view the trend and forecast.
- Hard disk Utilization, Inbound network traffic and similarly Outbound Network Traffic trend and forecast details.
ITCAM agent TCR reports.
- The Client response time - The time it took for a certain client to respond - its trend and forecast details are rendered here.
- The RRT - Robotic Response time - i.e the time it took for a certain shell script or a certain task - it took to execute.
- WRT - Web Response Time - the time it took for a certain web transaction over a certain port .the trend and its forecast details are visible here.
TCR reports from Database agents.
Below are 2 Data Base Tivoli agents, namely Oracle and DB2 agents that ITPA has the ability to calculate the trend and forecast.
The various supporting attributes like
- Databases transaction times.
- The number of instances.
- The number of table spaces - and related information like the access times are rendered.
TCR reports for the VMware agent
Yet another interesting agent is the VMware agent where the ITPA can analyze the historical data like
- CPU Uitlizaton on the VMware environment.
- Disk Utilization.,Memory Utilization, Network Inbound and Outbound - TCR reports can be viewed by the user.