New System p HMC Base Agent (in Beta) - Could it replace your CEC Base agent?
whisen 060000NG7K Visits (4757)
To get started, go to the SCM Open Beta Community site and look for the box that says "IBM SmartCloud Monitoring vNext Beta Drivers", then select "ITM vNext Beta Driver #3" (this is the current beta driver available 30 August 2012). When you get to the "IBM Tivoli Monitoring vNext Beta Code Images" download page, you only need to download "tmv
The HMC Base Agent User's Guide is available from the SCM Open Beta Community site or directly from here:
HMC Base Agent 188.8.131.52 Beta User's Guide
Here is what is new in the 184.108.40.206 Beta version:
For version 6.2.2 Interim Feature 3 of since version 220.127.116.11:
- In V18.104.22.168, the HMC Base agent represents each Server as an IBM Tivoli Monitoring subnode. With
these subnodes, each Server is represented by a separate node in the Tivoli Enterprise Portal navigation
tree under the HMC Base agent node. When a situation affects an individual server or resources for the
server, the affected server is immediately identifiable. Representing each Server as a subnode also
provides the creation and association of Server-specific situation threshold values.
- The HMC Base agent was updated to retrieve CPU usage sampling events using the lslparutil HMC
command. The HMC must be configured to collect these samples by using the chlparutil HMC
command. See the HMC documentation for more information about the lslparutil command.
- New attribute groups and attributes were added to monitor CPU utilization for Servers, CPU_Pools,
- New workspaces that can be used to drill down from Servers to Pools to LPARs through IBM Tivoli
Monitoring dynamic workspace links were added to the agent.
- The kph.baroc file was updated to support IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console event mapping changes.
- Tivoli Common Reporting for the System p monitoring agents
- A new Prerequisite Scanner Report help in troubleshooting reports.
- 10 new Cognos reports provide information about CPU utilization, trend and forecast for the
Managed Server, and the LPARs using the HMC Base agent V 22.214.171.124. These reports include new
what if analysis reports for the HMC Base agent.
- One new report for the CEC Base agent provides information about the balanced and unbalanced
CECs in your System p environment.
- Fixes for the CEC Base agent and VIOS Premium agent reports and data model improve performance.
- Support is provided to run the reports against additional summarization types: Weekly and Monthly.
- The version number for the reports package is in the report titles instead of the package name.
- The report names are prefixed with the agent name to help identify the reports easily.
- The data model was updated to add new attribute groups for the HMC Base agent.
- Raw data for VIOS Premium and AIX Premium agent attribute groups is exposed in the data model
to allow custom reporting.
- Index scripts are provided to allow database administrators to update the indexes of tables or views
used in reports. These scripts improve the performance of reports that are running.
- Tooltips provide descriptions of the data items in the data model when you hover over them in
Query or Report Studio.