The latest release of the VMware VI agent is now available as part of a number of products, including IBM Tivoli Monitoring for Virtual Servers 6.2.3, IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Applications 6.2.4 and IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Microsoft Applications 6.2.3. The new agent provides the following enhancements:
- Network monitoring. You can now see the configuration of key virtualized network components and traffic usage by virtual machines and hosts.
- vCenter alarm monitoring. You can now see the vCenter alarms that have triggered for the networks, data stores, hosts, virtual machines, and clusters in the environment.
- Improvements to many workspaces. The Virtual Enterprise workspace is now the default workspace and includes a summary of the clusters, data stores and networks. New views of new monitoring data have been added.
- Improved event monitoring with the addition of an EventType metric to support more efficient use of IBM Tivoli Management situations for key VMware events.
- Additional metrics:
- Reporting of data store commitment or overcommitment
- Host maintenance mode status
- Host network adapter details
- Collection of more data attributes for improved historical reporting
- New situations to alert you about HBA failures and host NIC adapter states
- Additional Cognos reports
For details on Passport Advantage part numbers, and other interesting information about the agent, check out the support wiki:VMware VI Agent Wiki