The status of the services set through the env variable KEX_SKIPSERVICES will not contribute to the server status, but the agent will continue to monitor these services and individual service status will be displayed in Services Detail workspace.
Mentioning the steps below in case required.
1. Stop the Exchange agent on the server, if running.
2. Right click on “Monitoring Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server”.
3. Select Advanced, then click on Edit ENV File…
4. in kexenv file, add KEX_SKIPSERVICES variable .
Add this variable above the
*****/ ADDED BY CONFIGURATION PROGRAM: DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS POINT! /****section.
Service names given in KEX_SKIPSERVICES variable should be semicolon(;) separated.
Provide the “Service Name” and not the “Display Name” of the service.
For more details, please refer the document (Using_new_env_variable.pdf)
For example :
To skip Microsoft Exchange POP3 service from contributing the server status add following
5. Save and close kexenv file.
6. Start the Exchange agent.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: