ITM Agent Insights: Multiple ITMAgent* files under /etc/init.d
ssnachan 0600020S7X Visits (5521)
On UNIX and Linux machines hosting the OS (operating system) agents, multiple ITMAgent* files are present under /etc/init.d
* -> indicates a number such as 1, 2 etc
The following blog will help you answer:
1) ITMAgents* are generated by $CAN
2) The number of ITMAgents* generally indicates the number of CANDLEHOMEs on the machine
ITMAgents1 = CANDLEHOME1
ITMAgents2 = CANDLEHOME2
NOTE: If there is a single CANDLEHOME, and you still have multiple ITMAgents* files, these are redundant files. There are known bugs from older releases (before ITM 6.22) that can leave an extra ITMAgents* file behind. These are fixed in all the current release.
Example: Upgrade of ITM OS agent from V6.2 to V6.3 may leave redundant ITMAgents* files
4) You can remove the unwanted ITMAgents* file using the following approach
Example: A machine which contains ITMAgents1 and ITMAgents2, you can delete the ITMAgents1 file after you confirm the Autostart suffix number.
5) Alternately, if you only want ITMAgents1 on a single CANDLEHOME machine and remove ITMAgents2 which is being used as stated in the Example above, You can use the following steps to do this:
NOTE: The key is to modify AutoStart before doing anything else. This SHOULD be done when the agents are STARTED, not to be executed by stopping the agents.
Additional ITM Agent Insights series of IBM Tivoli Monitoring Agent blogs are indexed under ITM
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: