1) WRT does not report any data in TEP under Web Response Time workspace views, like under "Application current status"
- Check if you are getting a kfcmserver log file (Windows) or kfcm120 log file (Unix) created.
1a) If kfcmserver (Windows) or kfcm120 (Unix) process is running, but no log is produced, it's generally a sign that the kfcmenv file was edited and some incorrect was written in it.
on a Unix WRT agent, kfcmenv file was containing, wrongly:
KFC_DEBUG_CCONFIG=Y export KFC_DEBUG_CCONFIG
instead of (correct syntax) :
KFC_DEBUG_CCONFIG=Y; export KFC_DEBUG_CCONFIG
so the ";" character was missing, as seen above.
Location of kfcmenv file: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS5MD2_18.104.22.168/com.ibm.itcamt.doc/rt/TSG/itcam_rt62-probdetermgd40.html
Location of kfcmserver/kfcm120 logs : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS5MD2_22.214.171.124/com.ibm.itcamt.doc/rt/TSG/itcam_rt62-probdetermgd41.html
After this is corrected and T5 agent was restarted, check existence of kfcm120/kfcmserver log, and verify if monitoring data now appears in TEP under WRT
application current status view.
1b) Another possible origin of such problem is, on UNIX OS, that kfcm120 process has reached its maximum OS memory limit.
kfcm120 does not release memory when it is idle. That is a known issue on Unix OS.
setup in $ITMHOME/tmaitm6/wrm/kfcmenv file :
* 0 means unlimited.
KFC_MEMORY_LIMIT=0G; export KFC_MEMORY_LIMIT
With the above, kt5agent will restart kfcm120 process automatically **after it was killed by the OS (using set KFC_MEMORY_LIMIT), when the OS detected that kfcm120 memory reached the OS limit. **.
2) Using WRT version 126.96.36.199 configured with SSL decryption, errors BWMRA0561E and BMWRA0566E are reported in TEP under Web Response Time "Agent messages" workspace view :
- BWMRA0561E The GSKKM library initialization routine was not successfully called.
- BWMRA0566E SSL decryption initialization failed
=> Possible cause is addressed by APAR IV54983.
Check, on your WRT agent system, in :
- kfcm120_xxxx.log (Unix)
- <hostname>_kfcmserver_xxxx.log (Windows)
last updated log file, and search for error messages like :
kfck_icc_workarounds.cpp,197,"LoadSymbol") Failed to find symbol 'RSA_size'
kfck_icc_context.cpp,103,"InitializeICC") Cannot location additional HMAC/EVP functions
kfckinit.cpp,112,"SSL_Init") Unable to initialize ICC API
If that's the case, you are encountering existing issue documentd with APAR # IV54983:
PROBLEM LOADING GSKIT AFTER UPDATE TO GSKIT 8 FOLLOWING DEPLOYMENT OF ITM AGENT 06.30 FP2
Error Description: Analyzer fails to initialize ICC libraries with numerous missing libcrypto symbols.
This APAR is included in 188.8.131.52-TIV-CAMRT-FP0001, see its readme :
- install 184.108.40.206-TIV-CAMRT-FP0001 for your WRT agent system
- install RT 220.127.116.11 agent's application support on your TEMS/TEPS systems.
Another good reason here to upgrade WRT from v18.104.22.168 to at least v22.214.171.124 or higher
PART4 of this BLOG : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/0587adbc-8477-431f-8c68-9226adea11ed/entry/ITCAM_for_Transactions_WRT_agent_tips_best_practices_pitfalls_part4?lang=en
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: