ISM agent status = "out of sync" appears in TEP ISM Configuration GUI. What should I do?
1) If using the 'Agent resync' button didn't help, check first if this apply:
A possible cause of 'Agent resync' action not working is duplicated ISM agent entry(ies) in "TEPS" Database, in KIS.AGENTS table
- check the list of installed ISM agent(s) in your ITM environment using Tivoli Enterprise Portal (TEP) Navigator GUI -> Enterprise -> Workspaces -> "Managed
System status" list
- check the TEPS Database KIS.AGENTS table
If you are seeing duplicated ISM agent(s) listed in TEPS Database KIS.AGENTS table, then:
- Stop such involved ISM agent(s) from the ISM agent system(s)
- Do not use the ISM GUI configuration tool or any ISM CLI commands, while updating the KIS.AGENTS table
- Remove manually duplicated entry(ies), so to leave only 1 agent entry per ISM agent node, in TEPS Database KIS.AGENTS table. Do not care for the status
of the leftover ISM agent entry
- Restart the ISM agent(s) on the ISM system(s)
- Attempt to resync the agent(s) using the TEP Internet Service Monitoring GUI Configuration tool
2) You can also use 'ismconfig' CLI and try to resync the ISM agent with the CLI tool, instead of the TEP ISM Configuration GUI.
see : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS5MD2_7.3.0/com.ibm.itcamt.doc_7.3/ism/dita/ag/reference/kis_configcli_cmds_sync.html
and for reference, where to find 'ismconfig' CLI, see : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS5MD2_7.4.0/com.ibm.itcamt.doc_7.3/ism/dita/ag/concept/kis_configcli_intro.html
3) If no progress, review these steps :
when you deploy profile(s) to a ISM agent using the TEP ISM configuration GUI, the profile(s) content deployed should be matching what is found on the ISM agent system, under <ISM_HOME>/profiles/active directory
if using TEP ISM configuration GUI, you have deployed 2 profiles against a ISM agent with :
- profile A with http and icmp monitors, with 1 server polled in each monitor
- profile B with ldap monitor with 1 server polled
then on ISM agent side, under <ISM_HOME>/profiles/active directory you should find 3 files :
1 per type of monitor deployed on this ISM agent, and each xml file should contain the targeted server(s) polled by each monitor
So based on the above, verify if you are seeing difference between what you see in TEP ISM configuration GUI under Profiles -> Systems -> and select the ISM agent; and then compare with
<ISM_HOME>/profiles/active directory content.
4) You can try and un-deploy all your profile(s) using TEP ISM configuration GUI + Apply + OK.
stop the ISM agent
delete any .xml file that may remain from <ISM_HOME>/profiles/active directory. * see remark below!
restart the ISM agent, then deploy the profile(s) again using TEP ISM configuration GUI.
then check if agent status is still 'out of sync' in TEP ISM configuration GUI.
it's always safer to backup first your existing profile XML files into a working directory on the ISM agent, prior to removing the profile XML files.
The profiles data are stored in the "TEPS" database, but if there is a communication issue between the ISM agent and the TEMS/TEPS, you may not be able to get back your profile XML files on the ISM agent, so it's always better to backup them first before deletion
5) You can also try this sequence of steps :
1. unconfig profiles (move profile to right side in ISM Configuration GUI, when an ISM agent is selected from the "Distribution" tab view)
2. click "Resync agent" button
3. restart ism agent
4. add profile one by one and sync them one by one using the "Resync agent" button
6) You can also review this technote:
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: