Due to external resource, the response time for one of applications in the XD cell degrades below the service policy goal. Annette, the level 2 operator, receives an email indicating that the Application Requests Above Goal situation triggered. This situation triggers when the rate of requests above goal is greater than 0.5%.
- In the Tivoli® Enterprise Portal navigation tree, Annette follows the workspace link for the triggered situation. The XDVEAppReqAboveGoalPercentHigh Event workspace is displayed.
- Annette navigates by a link from the XDVEAppReqAboveGoalPercentHigh Event workspace to the Application workspace.
- The Application workspace displays On Demand Router Statistics (ODR) for the selected application module, transaction, class, and protocol summarized over all ODRs in the cell.
- From the Application workspace, Annette observes that the average overall response time is 20 seconds and the average server service time is also 20 seconds. This indicates that a problem is occurring with the handling requests by this application.
- To see the deployment targets hosting the application and to ascertain which of the deployment targets is contributing to the slow response time, Annette navigates to the Deployment Targets workspace using the Per Deployment Targets link.
- The Deployment Targets workspace displays a single deployment target for this application: DynCluster. Annette navigates to this dynamic cluster using the link and then to servers belonging to the dynamic cluster.
- The servers for the dynamic cluster performance are displayed. From this view, Annette observes that both servers in the dynamic cluster have similar loading. Annette navigates to each server and observes that both have requests higher than the set goal of 10 seconds.