ITCAM For Transactions : detect that a process is not running and generate an alert with ITM
ericmtn 1000009W88 Visits (7817)
Here below is an example of possible setting to detect if a program/process like "kt6agent.exe" is not running
If the ITCAM for Transactions 'Robotic Response Time' agent is started for example, (as a service (default), or as a process using 'kt6agent.exe test' from a command window) the "kt6agent" process should be running all the time, and playback robotically CLIs, RPT, RFT, LoadRunner, etc... test scripts. A possible way to detect if it's no longer running, and to produce an alert within ITM, is as following:
1. Install ITM OS agent on the RRT T6 agent machine or, more generally, on the machine to monitor its running process(es).
example below on Windows :
2. Use the default situation “NT_
3. Using the TEP Situation Editor, duplicate this situation using ‘Create Another’ option, rename it with your own name,
like for example : “Eri
And customize its formula so it detects if some process(es) are not running, like
Kt6agent, kt6agent, java, etc..
And customize also the “display item” setting of the situation, using the Advanced button -> Advanced Situation Options -> Display Item tab, as seen below:
4. Deploy this situation against the node running the program to be monitored, like the machine running kt6agent process:
5. If the program under monitoring like "kt6agent" is not running, the situation should fire and an alert should be raised, as seen below:
For reference, regarding running RRT agent as a process, see:
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: