ITCAM4Tx with ISM agent : ISMCONFIG CLI usage example to resync profiles
ericmtn 1000009W88 Visits (6862)
Question : How to use ismconfig.bat//sh CLI to resync profiles on an ISM agent ?
Cause : TEP ISM configuration GUI is not accessible, or doesn't work. So some circumvention is needed
A) Make sure that the ITM TEMS and TEPS components are up and running. If TEPS agent is not running or not fully started, the use of ismconfig.bat/sh will fail with errors like :
- move to the 'CNP' directory where ismconfig.bat and ismconfig.props files are located.
- launch the following command with 'agentstatus' command option, to get a list of ISM agents defined and their current status :
In the above example, the 'ns181:IS' agent status is 'available', but out of sync.
- Launch the following command to resync this agent 'ns181:IS' :
In the above example, if the ismconfig command worked, it should display no error message, but just returns the prompt again.
- Then, for example, start the 'NS180:IS' agent (itmcmd agent start is), make sure is appears with ''available: yes' in results of 'ismconfig -config -agentstatus' command.
Then you can attempt to resync 'NS180:IS' agent as well, with command :
- You can later verify again the status of your ISM agents
- Each use of the ismconfig CLI generates a new ismconfig.log file;
-On TEPS on Windows, location of ismconfig*.log files : C:\IBM\ITM\logs
- you can enable extra tracing for ismconfig CLI command, refer to :