How to enable TEP logging in Tivoli Performance Analyzer
ShaunR 2700005SW1 Visits (6932)
I'm back today with a couple of blogs about a less well known membert of the ITM family - Tivoli Performance Analyzer. This first blog will look at configuring logging on the TEP client, and the second will look at setting tracing on the actual ITPA agent itself.
You can turn on logging to discover the cause of any problems with the Performance Analyzer UI in your TEP. To do this you need to follow these steps -
1. Stop the Performance Analyzer agent.
2. Open the file logging.properties, located in the directory <hom
3. Comment out the line handlers= java
4. Uncomment the line #handlers= java
5. Edit the values of the properties java
6. Add the line - com.
7. Verify that the value of the property java
8. Save and close the file
9. Restart the agent and try to replicate the issue before sending us through the logs that have been created.
That's it! It's pretty straightforward but as there's not a massive amount of information out there about tracing for this component I'm hoping some of you will find this little blog useful.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: