How to change the APMV8 WebSphere agent component name in the APM/UI
kbixler 060001X4BD Visits (5413)
By default the component name that appears in the APM/UI for the WebSphere Agent will be in the following format.
There is a 27 character limit on this name and the first part of this name will be truncated if it exceeds that length
From the file <age
# Automatic calculated server alias shown in TEP
The hostname is defaulted to the hostname of the server running the agent up to the first "." in that name. Example hostname.test.com
If you want to change this name you need to follow these steps.
1. Re-configure the data collector and provide a different alias name or edit the kwjdc.properties if needed.
2. Via the apm_home/config edit the <age
Add CTIRA_HOSTNAME=xxx at the bottom
3. Make a backup of <age
4. If you changed the alias name via the ./config.sh or editing the kwjdc.properties file then restart the WebSphere Application Server
5. Stop and start the WebSphere agent via the <age
6. Then logon to the APM/UI and verify the change was made.
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: