APM V8 SAP agent does not appear in APM dashboard
sushk 1100006DS0 Visits (4127)
Product: SAP agent from APM V8.
The SAP agent is configured correctly from 188.8.131.52.2 SAP agent image, but when you try to add SAP agent to a dashboard application, the agent does not show up.
Agent version is as follows:
sa Monitoring Agent for SAP Appl
Check if you have following symptoms:
- The ksaagent process is running when agent is started.
- In the logs directory, agent log file named host
- There are no APM configuration files for the SAP agent instance under localconfig:
- following directory does not exist:
- There is no sa_INST _agentUUID.txt file in localconfig/sa.
- There are no log files in agent logs directory for connections to APM server, for example there are no log files such as sa_*
If these are your symptoms, the most likely cause is that your ABAP transport for the agent is not at the level of agent code.
Follow these steps to check the level of agent ABAP transport currently imported to SAP system.
Check the output of FM ‘/IBMMON/ITM_HOSTS'
To resolve this issue, import the ABAP transport from the image from which current agent level was installed. In this particular case, remove ABAP transport matching agent version 07.11.10.00 – and install ABAP transport from 07.11.12.00 level agent image. Steps to do this as as follows:
NOTE: The ABAP transport corresponding to the agent levels in this example are as follows:
07.11.10.00 agent level; ABAP transport: ITMK711_00113
07.11.12.00 agent level; ABAP transport: ITMK711_00117
1) Stop the agent.
2) Import transport ITMK711_00117U on SAP system:
a) Delete the existing transport using ITMK
b) Import the transport ITMK711_00117
3) Start the agent.
4) Check if SAP agent detects SAP instance on APM UI.
Refer to following Knowledgecenter link for additional information:
Importing the SAP transport
Subscribe and follow us for all the latest information directly on your social feeds: