Video Conferencing technology has allowed any number of people to attend the same meeting from across the country through the use of platforms like Skype and Google Hangouts. The ability to participate in video conferencing offers many benefits and is used by most large companies and many smaller firms nowadays.
Benefits that can be realized when using video conferencing technology into the workplace:
· Increase of productivity. Video conferencing lets co-workers attend meetings from their own home. It allows employees to interact with clients without having to travel to them. This frees up employees’ time, giving them more time to work. Employees, instead, can focus on more important tasks and projects.
· Economic savings. Employees, in an earlier time, would have had to travel in order to attend certain meetings and conferences, can now participate from their own offices, saving a considerable amount of money for the companies they work for. Many times, employees would need to stay overnight for a meeting, meaning that hotel expenses would also need to be factored into the budget, as well as airfare, food, etc.
· Safety. Today, many people are weary of traveling in an airplane because of incidents like 9/11. Video conferences allow employees to attend meetings from home and as a result, employees feel safer.
· Preference of employees. Many employees do not like to travel regularly. It is a hassle to pack, go through security and wait for your plane to arrive hoping that your flight wasn’t delayed.
· Improved customer relations. Employees can use video conferencing to stay in touch with important clients or potential clients. Video conferencing allows employees to build these relationships without them needing to physically visit or take up too much of the client’s time. The most effective meetings are those that are face-to-face and a video conferencing platform allows employees to have these meetings without incurring travel expenses.