Welcome to developerWorks
A top destination for IT professionals
IBM developerWorks is the premier web-based technical resource and professional network for IT practitioners, students, and university faculty worldwide. Four million developers use developerWorks each month, with language support in English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Vietnamese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
developerWorks helps you develop skills, solve problems, collaborate with experts, and stay ahead of the latest technical trends. As the 2012 IBM Tech Trends report points out, only 1 in 10 organizations feels it has the necessary skills to take advantage of advanced technologies. Skilled IT professionals are in high demand. Use the resources on IBM developerWorks to build the skills you need to get and stay ahead of the curve.
developerWorks is the IT industry’s most comprehensive source of technical how-to content, evaluation software, and community discussions focusing on IBM software products and open-standards technologies. Let developerWorks help you maximize your productivity with over 40K targeted how-to resources, engage with your peers, and gain career-building recognition.
Depth and breadth of technical content
developerWorks provides an extensive, easy-to-search technical library to help you get up to speed on the essential technologies affecting your profession.
- Find the answers to your questions in our forums.
- Personalize your view of developerWorks (My home) to zero in on the topics and types of resources that interest you on your custom home page.
Supportive network of IT professionals
developerWorks makes it easy for you to form meaningful connections to build a professional network that can help you solve problems and advance in your profession. With the developerWorks community, you can:
developerWorks helps you to build recognition in your peer network worldwide.
- Develop the skills you need to compete in the rapidly changing IT field by using developerWorks' how-to resources.
- Showcase your experience and knowledge by participating in extensive discussion forums centered around IBM software and open-standards technologies.
- Use developerWorks blogs to express your insights and opinions. Share information with others who have similar interests by tagging content you find valuable.
- Get to know the non-IBM thought leaders in the technical community, also known as IBM Champions. Find, connect with, or nominate an IBM Champion, and see how they are making best use of IBM software, solutions, and services.
- Publish technical content on developerWorks, and gain formal acknowledgement of your publishing achievements. Learn more about the developerWorks Author Achievement Recognition Program.
Join the developer community
Contribute to developerWorks
- Use developerWorks to engage with the IT community
- Submit your idea for an article, video, or interview
- developerWorks blogs
- developerWorks forums