- You will need an IBM ID, and be logged in, in order to join and participate in our Community. Please register one now, or log in.
- Please join one of our Community User Groups in the Global User Group Hub, or select a Topic Group (such as IBM Z) from the main navigation menu and join one of those, to gain access to contributing blog content.
- The authorization process takes about an hour.
- Once you have access, you may navigate to a group you belong to, then use the Contribute button in the header. You can find groups you belong to by hovering your mouse over the user icon in the top right corner of the page, and clicking on “IBM Community profile“, then, click on “My Connections” then “Communities“.
- Moderation: After you submit your first blog entry, it will go into moderation. You can find your submitted blogs, including those in moderation, by hovering your mouse over the user icon in the top right corner of the page, and clicking on “IBM Community profile“, then, click on “My Contributions“. A Group Admin will review your moderated blog entry within 2-3 business days. Please be patient as this process is not automated. Once your first blog post has been approved, you may continue to contribute blog posts without them going into moderation. If you need your first blog post to be approved quickly, reach out to the group’s admin and they can assist you quickly.
It is best to navigate to the group you want to post in, click the “Contribute” button in the group’s header, then click “Blog entry”. You may use the button below to contribute a blog, but make sure you select a group you belong to in order to post. You may see a message stating that you have no rights to post a blog, but that’s because the drop down list for “Associate this post with a group” does not have a group selected.
Once in the Contribute Blog page, you will see a text editor like this:
- Tips / Tricks: If you do not see a blog editor, you are not logged into the community. Please log in and you will be able to contribute content.
Discussion capabilities are provided on all Topic Group and User Group pages
Click on ‘Start a discussion’ from a Topic Group page or
‘Post to this discussion’ from a User Group page
The first time you Start or post to a discussion you will see the following Email preferences page. Choose your preference and click ‘Save’
Once you save your preference you will get to the following text editor page to post your discussion:
Please take a few minutes to read these content publication guidelines
- This Community provides a professional network and a unified set of community tools for connecting, sharing, and collaborating. By posting content (“User Content”) in the community, you agree to allow anyone with access to the community to access the content you post. You agree that any discussion you initiate or participate in, or content you post on the Site will be related to IBM products, software, programs, services or associated technologies.
- Do not post or transmit material that is confidential to you or a third party. Further, you agree that you will not post or transmit material that is proprietary to a third party unless you attained consent from such third party.
- Do not post content from, or links to, Internet sites that feature sexual content, gambling, or that advocate intolerance of others. Do not create such content on IBM Community.
- Respect copyright, fair use, and financial disclosure laws. Use appropriate symbols to mark the first occurrence of trademarked terms in your content. Do not post images unless you own the exclusive rights to display the imagery in this context. By posting images that depict a person or persons, you represent and warrant that you attained consent from and verified the legal age of each person depicted in the image for the distribution, display and usage of the image in the general public.
- Use common courtesy when posting content: refrain from abusive, obscene, or offensive language, images, or links. Remember that you are providing content for a multicultural audience — things that do not seem abusive, obscene, or offensive to you might seem so to others.
- User Content may be made available to third-party search engines on the Internet as well as through the Site’s search engine. User Content that you post will be available for use on a global basis by IBM, other participants and others who are not participants but who view the User Content on the Internet, without royalties or restrictions. IBM, other participants and others who are not participants but who view the User Content on the Internet, may use User Content, in whole or in part, for any purpose, may create derivative works thereof and may sublicense others to do the same. IBM shall have no obligation to compensate you for any feedback or content that you provide, or requests that you submit on the Site. Furthermore, IBM does not commit, promise, nor have a legal obligation to deliver any code, functionality, software or other materials due to content you post on the Site.