I am having difficulty connecting my instance of Watson Analytics to Salesforce so it can be used as a data source. What is the Procedure for connecting these two products?
Note: Connecting Watson Analytics to Salesforce requires the user to have a Developer or Enterprise (paid) version of Salesforce. The free version of Salesforce will not allow for connecting to Watson Analytics.
The purpose of this tutorial is to guide a user to obtaining a security token which must be affixed to the Salesforce password in order to successfully connect.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- By default the Lightning Experience should be enabled. To confirm, navigate to Lightning Experience found on the left side panel and verify that it has been enabled.
- Access Settings found in upper left user icon (depicted with a user icon).
- Search for Security and click Reset My Security Token. Click the Reset Security Token button. You should receive an email with your new security token.
- From the email, copy the Security Token (this is used at the end of a Salesforce password)
- In IBM Watson Analytics, create a data connection. From the User menu icon, select Account Settings.
- From the Connections menu on the left side of the screen, select Data Connections.
- Click the Create new connection icon.
- Click the Salesforce.com icon.
- In the Password with security token text box, enter your Salesforce.com password appended with the security token copied in Step 5.
Required Fields –
Connection Name: XXXXXXXXX
Username: “Insert Salesforce Login ID”
Password with Security Token: “Password”+”SecurityToken” (no space or symbol in between both)
You should now have a successful connection from Watson Analytics (WA) to Salesforce.com (SFDC)