I am happy to announce the general availability of the latest release of Cognos Analytics, release 11.0.9 (Cognos R9)
At this time of the year, everyone is wrapping up their projects and prepping for the new year to come. Your Cognos Analytics team is closing out 2017 with the completion of some capabilities that were started in previous releases, adding some feature enhancements and strengthening the integration with Planning Analytics.
Here are some highlights of the release:
- More accurate dashboards – Latitude/Longitude support
- More time savings – Full-screen mode in dashboards
- Reporting enhancements – Support for Function Tree in Data modules
- Improved integration with Planning Analytics – Subset support
- Better 3rd party integration – Support for Microsoft Office 11.0.0
We have some technical blogs, written by the product management team, that go into more detail on the new functionality in R9.
- Latitude/Longitude support in Dashboarding
- Integration with Planning Analytics
- What’s new in Dashboarding
- Updated Map support files
- New French regions
These upcoming capabilities are focused around reducing the time and effort it takes to get stuff done by adding more intelligence across the entire analytics workstream. We will be harnessing IBM’s expertise with AI and Machine Learning to enhance business users’ and analytics professionals’ ability to prepare, create and share compelling content.
Throughout 2017, we have been collecting and listening to the feedback back from our amazing customers, industry analysts, and our own IBM research teams. So, as we look ahead to 2018, we are planning to continue addressing your feedback in our new capabilities and enhancements. So stay tuned…
We, on the Cognos Analytics team, wish you and your families all the best for the holiday season. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Mawlid el-Nabi , Merry Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year! See you in 2018!