We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a client. IBM continually strives to seek new and better ways to improve the support experience we offer you. With that in mind, we’re implementing some enhancements to our support model by launching a new IBM Support Community that all IBM products will move to over time.
We are pleased to advise you that this weekend we have moved all client support – including discussion forums and support case management – for the following IBM Business Analytics cloud services to the new Support Community:
- IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud
- IBM Cognos Controller on Cloud
- IBM Planning Analytics
- IBM Watson Analytics
We know that you may have other IBM products that will also be migrating to this new support experience. Watch out for further information on the specific timing of this from the relevant support teams.
Within the new Support Community, self-service capabilities are available to allow for better ease of use, including:
- Discussion forums where you can ask questions, help answer questions from other users, and interact with knowledgeable IBM staff
- Simplified search capability powered by IBM Watson to view knowledge artifacts, forum discussions, and support case history
- Support case creation/updates
- Ability to attach documents for review by support staff
- …and much more!
We invite you to view the following short videos that provide an overview of the initial experience that will continue to evolve and become richer over time.
Introducing the IBM Support Community: Search
Introducing the IBM Support Community: Forums
IBM Support Community: Open and manage Cases
During this weekend’s transition to the new Support Community your active support cases will be moved first followed by your case history, and can be found under the Cases tab once you have signed in.
You can access the new support experience by following these steps:
- Go to https://www.ibm.com/mysupport
- To participate in the discussion forums, and to submit and manage your support cases, you will need to sign in.
- If you sign in to your IBM Business Analytics cloud service using the same user name and password that you use on your organization’s network then you can sign in to the IBM Support Community the same way.
- Otherwise you should sign in using your IBMid user name and password. Note that this is not the same as your IBM Client Success Portal user name and password that you most likely use today to submit and manage your support tickets for your IBM Business Analytics cloud service.
- If you do not have an IBMid, you can sign up for one here: https://www.ibm.com/account/us-en/signup/register.html.
Note that in the new support experience you will, by default, receive a notification email whenever an update is made to one of your ongoing cases. Please do not reply to this notification email as this will not update your case. The notification email contains a link directly to your case where you can review the details of the update and respond appropriately. You can configure your email notification preferences for support cases and discussion forum updates. Please see the following community release update for further information, https://www.ibm.com/mysupport/s/article/Case-Email-Notifications.
If you experience a problem with the IBM Support Community (such as a login issue, etc.), we are here to help. Please submit your issue via the link found near the end of each page in the community and someone will get back to you as quickly as possible.
We hope you enjoy the enhancements of this new IBM support experience and always welcome your feedback.