There are two types of samples that have been created exclusively for IBM Cognos Analytics.
The Extended Samples require the use of a database and database connections to host the sample Great Outdoors data. They must be installed and configured. Here are the instructions for installing the Extended samples.
We have also created a set of Base Samples in a deployment that can be easily imported in one step. These samples exclusively use Data Modules as their underlying data sources (no cubes, databases, or packages). Here is a video that explains how to find and import the Samples_for_Install_11_0_12.zip deployment file.
After you import the deployment, you will see the following new Base Samples:
Team content > Samples > Dashboards
This sample dashboard showcases the new custom polygon mapping functionality in the context of storm event data. You can read the full details in this Blog post.
- Mapbox hosted custom polygons in reports and dashboards
- IBM Knowledge Center: Setting up Mapbox to work with IBM Cognos Analytics
- IBM Knowledge Center: Using custom point or region information from Mapbox in a map vizualization in a dashboard
- IBM Knowledge Center: Using custom point or region information from Mapbox in a map visualization in a report
- Samples landing page
- Guide to IBM Cognos Analytics sample data sets
- Library of How-To Videos for IBM Cognos Analytics
Please visit our IBM Business Analytics Support channel on YouTube.