The Cognos Analytics team has been hard at work on new enhancements, and I am thrilled to announce that release 8 (11.0.8) is now generally available. This release tackles a lot of those small, but significant, enhancements that will help you and your users get the most out of this smart business intelligence and analytics solution.
Our large installed base of customers will be happy to know that in this release we focused on addressing some of your top Requests for Enhancements (RFE), so rest assured that we appreciate (and are listening to) your feedback. We also addressed some items that will make it easier to administer and manage your BI and analytics environment. Finally, we continue to enhance existing capabilities, for example, we added latitude/longitude support in mapping for reporting.
The enhancements touch all aspects of Cognos Analytics, but they are all focused on reducing the time it takes to get things done and making visualizations easier to understand. These enhancements mean Cognos Analytics 11.0.8 is:
Faster and more precise for dashboard and report creation
- Addition of latitude and longitude layer in reporting
- More output options for reports with the ability to save and output a report as XML format
- Support the viewing experience your users want with the ability to select the Default run action per report (latest saved output, always run the report with the latest data, open in edit mode)
Tailor-made to meet your needs – so you can customize your experience
- Upload custom images with Image library extension in reporting (on premise and on cloud)
Designed to make your data work for you with faster data preparation
- Ability to select from multiple connections to a data source with support for ambiguous data connections (either mutliple connections to the same data source or multiple signons to the same data source) for data modules and dashboard
- Faster data set creation with support for Design mode in data set editor
Better visibility and control of your BI and Analytics environment
- Easy tracking of dashboard usage with support for auditing
- Keep track of all of your scheduled reports with support for Manage my schedules and activities
Want a quick overview of the cool new features in R8? Watch Kevin as he takes you through the highlights in the What’s new in R8 demo video.