Geospatial mapping features
It’s been about a year since we launched Cognos Analytics to the market and we’ve continued to add more capabilities that give business users the power to create great-looking reports and dashboards themselves.
We’ve enabled users to re-use content created by others—whether it is a report, dashboard or data module—so they do not need to start from scratch. We’ve also made it easier for them to tell stories with their data, share it with others and make decisions faster. And this can all happen in a trusted, managed self-service environment.
The latest release of Cognos Analytics, 11.0.5, continues to add more features that allow users to quickly get the answers they need. Most notably, new mapping and visualization capabilities give a completely new perspective and clarity to analytic results. The new capabilities in Cognos Analytics include functionality that:
Brings your data to life
- Get more insights from your data by adding mapping information to your dashboards and reports. Mapping enables you and your readers to instantly see geographic trends and patterns.
- Use a new visualization engine (the latest version of the IBM Rapidly Adaptive Visualization Engine 2) to improve visualizations and expand the range of chart types that are supported.
- Work more easily—with the ability to pin column headers and easily see and edit all filters that have been applied.
- Tell stories with your data—with enhancements to storytelling that let users easily create infographics and create layouts that guide the flow of the story.
Makes your data work for you
- Add more intelligence to the data preparation process with smart modeling, a feature that guides you through the creation of a data module.
- Explore your data with support for Navigation paths, which enables you to define drill paths using any sequence that you want.
- Support content created in Cognos BI by accessing Relational Framework Manager packages in Cognos Analytics. This feature enables business users to create a dashboard off a Framework Manager package.
- Don’t start from scratch: build upon the work of others with support for linked data modules. This feature enables data modules to be re-used for others to build new modules upon while still preserving a link to the original data module. Re-use means time savings, no duplication of effort, and the ability to create once and distribute widely while still maintaining integrity of the original data module.
Provides analytics that you can trust
- Embed and share Cognos dashboards, stories and reports with the new custom URLs capability
- New visualizations types available for Reports and this includes additional properties
Cognos Analytics 11.0.5 continues to add customization features. You can tailor the analytics experience to suit the needs of each company, department, team or even role. Homepages, features and themes can all be customized.
Get started exploring the latest release of Cognos Analytics 11.0.5:
- Geospatial Analytics
- What’s new in dashboarding
- Storytelling enhancements
- Modeling enhancements
- Reporting enhancements
- Sharing and embedding content
- Role customization
- New data sources
Try out the latest release of Cognos Analytics on the free trial version.
Upgrade to the latest release of Cognos Analytics here.
Upcoming webinar on the latest release of Cognos Analytics