IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX4004C-V2-200 delivers 200 Mbps applianceIBM United States Services Announcement 610-079
October 19, 2010
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX4004C-V2-200 provides a 200 Mbps network security appliance that delivers feature rich enhancements that are designed to significantly improve data and web application security, usability, performance, and deployment requirements.
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX4004C-V2-200 provides a 200 Mbps network security appliance that delivers feature rich enhancements based on IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System Firmware V4.1 that can help significantly improve performance, usability, and deployment requirements. With a special focus on issues affecting businesses today, this latest firmware delivers user-friendly data security and web application protection policies designed to help businesses prevent data loss and attacks targeting web applications. We have also improved the usability of the local management interface and improved deployability by the addition of IPv6 capabilities.
Key features added:
- Low-end network security appliance rated for 200 Mbps
- Significant usability improvements and a new local management interface, including wizards designed with ease of use in mind, to set up data security and web application security policies.
- A dashboard that allows a single view of health, protection, and network statistics along with patch management statistics and log evidence.
- Embedded data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities designed to help protect personally identifiable information, including eight specific DLP rules that can be used to monitor and help prevent leakage of personally identifiable information.
- Integration with IBM Rational® AppScan® for enhanced web application policy tuning.
- Full IPv6 capabilities, including IPv6 administrative management of the appliance, display of IPv6 events, display of IPv6 source, and destination IP address.
- Real time right click event blocking designed to help you immediately respond to attacks.
- Simplified management capabilities for virtual patching designed to provide immediate protection for all hosts on the network, helping to give administrators more time to deploy vendor patches.
- Significant performance improvements with newly released hardware.
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System delivers network protection that is designed to:
- Stop threats before impact without sacrificing high-speed network performance.
- Protect networks, servers, desktops, and revenue-generating applications from malicious threats.
- Conserve network bandwidth and prevent network misuse and abuse from instant messaging and peer-to-peer file sharing.
- Prevent loss of sensitive data and aid in compliance efforts.
- Provide a platform for extensible security that can grow as threats evolve and help reduce the cost of deploying and managing point solutions.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
November 18, 2010
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX4004C-V2-200 provides a 200 Mbps network security appliance that is designed to help stop Internet threats before they impact your business. Preemptive protection, or protection that works ahead of the threat, is available from IBM through its proprietary combination of line-speed performance, security intelligence, and a modular extensible protection engine that can add new layers of protection as threats evolve.
The IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System protection engine employs multiple intrusion prevention technologies working in tandem to help monitor, detect, or block these classes of network threats:
- Application attacks
- Attack obfuscation
- Cross-site scripting attacks
- Data leakage
- Database attacks
- Denial of service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Drive-by downloads
- Insider threats
- Instant messaging
- Malicious document types
- Malicious media files
- Operating system attacks
- Protocol tunneling
- SQL injection attacks
- Web browser attacks
- Web server attacks
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
For pricing information, contact your IBM Security representative at 1-800-776-2362.
IBM, Rational and AppScan are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page