WebSphere Portal Express 6.1: Easy-to-deploy solution includes application integration, document management, Web content management, and collaboration capabilities in a single package
See final section for details of availability and limitations, if applicable.
WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1 is a portal, Web content management, document management, and collaboration solution for small and medium businesses (SMB) and departments of larger organizations.
WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1 will help organizations achieve faster time to value with enhancements that make the product easier to install, configure, deploy, and support. WebSphere Portal Express helps organizations deliver information and applications to individuals and teams, so they can do their jobs better.
WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1 features provide:
- Employees, customers, and partners with access to Web sites on which the information and applications they need can be consolidated and organized for easy access and use.
- Web content management capability that helps reduce implementation time and costs by placing content creation and management firmly in the hands of content experts, for "author once, publish everywhere" control. The result is more accurate portal content that can be updated more frequently.
- Prescriptively designed, out-of-the-box Internet and intranet example sites that can easily be tailored to an organization's specific needs and optimized for virtual portal environments.
- Document management capability to enable individuals and teams to share and save documents in a central location.
- Instant messaging and online presence awareness capabilities that allow users to find and chat with colleagues without picking up the phone.
- Development tools and capabilities that allow customization of existing applications and the creation of new custom applications that help address an organization's unique needs.
- Provides SMB organizations with a single offering to help meet their portal, Web content management, and collaboration needs
- Provides employees and customers with timely information and access to applications
- Helps increase employee productivity by allowing staff to work together more effectively
- Helps lower deployment costs by simplifying installation and improving administration
- Is based on industry standards and can grow as needs grow without high maintenance, migration, and re-training around business solutions
- Is easy to deploy and administer a diverse set of applications for different communities of users with improved administration
Refer to the Hardware requirements and Software requirements sections of this announcement for further details.
WebSphere Portal Express offers collaboration, document management, Web content management, online presence awareness, and application integration in a single, easy-to-deploy solution. Designed for organizations of under 1,000 users or departments within larger organizations, WebSphere Portal Express helps customers, partners, and employees collaborate and share documents, deploy and maintain Web sites, and access the applications and content needed to be more efficient and effective.
WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1 will help you achieve:
- Improved time to value
- Improved usability
- Improved performance, scalability, and robustness
- Ease of administration
- Improved extensibility
Planned availability dates:
June 30, 2008 (electronic software delivery).
July 14, 2008 (media and documentation).
See the complete letter for globalization details.
For small and medium businesses seeking to boost productivity and to collaborate more effectively with employees, customers, and partners, IBM WebSphere Portal Express provides secure access for teams to collaborate and share documents, build and maintain Web sites, and to access the business applications and content they need to accomplish their jobs.
- Core portal services provide employees and customers with timely information and access to applications, people, and processes via a single consistent user interface.
- A document management solution provides a better way for users to share views and organize files of all types and helps reduce e-mail.
- Out-of-the-box Internet and intranet sites that can easily be tailored to a customer's specific needs are included to help reduce implementation time and costs of portal-based sites.
- Included samples, such as "Latest News," allow line-of-business users to jump-start content creation without requiring extensive skill sets or separate tools.
- Document management capabilities include category subscription services, simple approval processes for file contribution, versioning so you can track the evolution of a piece of content, and access control for managing viewing privileges of different content items.
- Easy access is provided to existing mail and calendaring systems via mail and calendar portlets, enabling customers to leverage their existing investments, including existing operating systems and other third-party products.
- Web content management capabilities allow nontechnical users to quickly and easily add new content to intranet, Internet, and extranet sites in a controlled way.
- IBM Lotus Sametime Entry, with a restricted license for portal use, provides portal users with the ability to see who is online and to instant message/chat in real time with them.
- Improved administration capabilities make portals easier to administer.
- Out-of-the-box capabilities make it faster to get a system up and running.
- Improved scalability and performance.
- Robust development tools and capabilities are included to help accelerate development and customization of applications for an organization's unique needs.
- Based on open standards and easily extensible, WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1 provides additional capabilities with support for IBM Lotus Forms Express, IBM Lotus ActiveInsight, IBM Lotus Connections, IBM Lotus Quickr, IBM Lotus Notes and Domino Express, IBM WebSphere Dashboard Framework, and IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory.
- Helps customers share information, collaborate, make better decisions, and execute business transactions with greater speed and accuracy
- Provides an easy-to-deploy solution that includes portal, document management, Web content management, and collaboration capabilities in a single package
- Provides all the industry-leading capabilities in a single package that SMB customers can use without extensive planning and implementation costs
- Includes a document management solution that provides a better way for users to share, view, and organize files of all types, helping reduce e-mail
- Provides easy access to existing mail and calendaring systems
- Provides easy access to, and integration with, third-party systems
What's new in WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.1
Improved time to value
- Improved Installation Wizard makes deployment of WebSphere Portal Express simpler and less error prone
- Inclusion of Theme Customizer portlet reduces the effort and skills needed to customize the look and feel of the portal site
- New site management capability enables fast and flexible staging-to-production operations, with rollback options
- Improvements to the example Web sites include preconfigured virtual portals with anonymous access
Usability improvements allow easier installation, configuration, and use of the portal with minimal training and maximum productivity:
- Web 2.0 user interface enhancements for a more intuitive, responsive, and richer user experience
- New Theme Customizer that requires less skill and reduces effort to customize look and feel of site
- Friendly URLs that increase readability, navigation, and control
- Enhanced rich text editor for editing content
Improved performance, scalability, and robustness that provide reliability for the deployment of mission-critical applications:
- Introduction of a new part number for an Idle Standby server configuration to maximize server up-time.
- Performance improvements to the Web Content Management capability.
- Performance improvements to the Web 2.0 interface that allows browser/ client-side aggregation. This allows refresh of portlets without causing other portlets and the whole page to reload. These Web 2.0 enhancements will also improve response time on actions that can be done client side, thus eliminating the need to go back to the server
Administration improvements reduce the effort to maintain a WebSphere Portal Express solution:
- Improved Installation wizard makes deployment of WebSphere Portal Express simpler and less error prone.
- Inclusion of the Theme Builder wizard reduces the efforts and skills needed to customize the look and feel of the portal site.
- Improvements to the example Web sites include preconfigured virtual portals with anonymous access.
- Improved site management capabilities simplify the publishing of content from a staging to production environment, and new APIs for portal
- Inclusion of the IBM Support Assistant ( ISA) -- a free local
software serviceability workbench that helps you resolve questions
and problems with IBM software products -- which enables you to:
- Search for an answer to your question or problem in many different locations at the same time
- Get speedy access to critical product information
- Run free troubleshooting and diagnostic tools on your troublesome applications
- Shorten the amount of time it takes to resolve your problem with automated data-gathering and submission
- Entitlement to robust application development tools, including WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer, provides the tools and technology to accelerate development and customization of applications for organizations' unique needs.
- WebSphere Portlet Factory enables you to rapidly create, customize, maintain, and deploy portlets. WebSphere Portlet Factory's ease of use and advanced development features dramatically streamline the entire portlet development process. This acts to speed WebSphere Portal deployments and increase ROI.
You can request a U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance at
IPLA and Subscription and Support considerations
IPLA licenses can be transferred from one machine to another within, but not limited to an enterprise. You may aggregate the capacity for all the processors the product is operated on to achieve a more economic price. This will result in a single Proof of Entitlement (PoE). It is your responsibility to manage the distribution of Value Units within the limits of the entitlement of the product license.
Subscription and Support must cover the same capacity as the product license entitlement. Subscription and Support will be available in the country in which the agreement is made.
IBM continues to demonstrate their commitment to the growth of the WebSphere Portal product portfolio and to offerings targeted to the needs of the small and medium business. IBM currently intends to provide additional enhancements over time, to match customer needs.
All statements regarding IBM's plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice.
Refer to Programming Announcement letter ZP07-0464 dated October 16, 2007.
Program VRM Program name number 5724-E77 6.1.0 IBM WebSphere Portal Express
Product description Language GA date WebSphere Portal Express Multilingual July 14, 2008 V6.1.0 (Portuguese, French, Danish, Catalan, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Thai, Korean, Chinese - Simplified, Ukrainian, Spanish, Portuguese-Braz lian, Croatian, German, Swedish, Japanese, Chinese - Traditional, Hungarian, Norwegian Nynorsk, English, Romanian, Slovenian, Greek, Turkish, Dutch, Czech, Slovakian, Italian, Finnish, Polish)
The following educational offerings are available as listed below:
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers are on the IBM training Web site
Contact your IBM representative for course information.
IBM Training is your source for learning on IBM software. For more information on training, conferences and other resources, visit the IBM Training Web site:
Technical Skills Software Workshop
No-fee technical skills training workshops (English only) for this product are offered to customers and business partners to gain hands-on skills for installing, configuring, operating, and supporting this product. The workshops are ideal for customers and business partners who are in the process of evaluating, or have already purchased it. Workshops are modeled to be 50 to 70% hands-on labs and are continually updated to current product release.
Workshops are delivered in multiple formats, traditional classroom, Self-Paced (self-study) and instructor led e-learning, all formats have the same content.
Traditional classroom workshops are scheduled and delivered in-person worldwide at IBM and non-IBM locations throughout the year.
Self-Paced/self-study workshops enable the student to view the workshop presentations and execute the labs on their own schedule with no travel required. The presentations have speaker notes and allow the student full control to navigate the information. Students reserve a one week period to run the labs on a remote, supported, live environment. Support is provided through a monitored forum.
NOTE: a fast internet connection is required.
For more details on current workshop content, schedules, and to register for any workshop format, visit:
Product information is available via the Offering Information Web site
Also, visit the Passport Advantage Web site
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items. Extensive search facilities are provided. Payment options for orders are via credit card (in the U.S.) or customer number for 20 countries. A large number of publications are available online in various file formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Recommended hardware configuration for WebSphere Portal Express
- IBM-compatible x86-32 processor
- IBM System i processor
Recommended hardware configuration for WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer software
- CPU: Pentium II 500 MHz (Pentium III 500 MHz, or higher, recommended)
- Disk: 1 GB (plus space for development resources)
- Memory: 512 MB RAM (768 MB recommended)
There are no specific hardware requirements for deployed portlets. Portlets will run on all configurations approved for the particular operating system and application server or portal server used.
WebSphere Portal Express
One of the following operating systems -- Servers :
Windows on x86-32
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Enterprise (supported for developer platform only)
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1a or Service Pack 2 (supported for development and test purposes only)
i5/OS on System i
- i5/OS V5R4
- i5/OS V6R1
Linux on x86-32
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server (AS) V4.0 Update 4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server (AS) V5.0
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (2.6 Kernel) Service Pack 3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
Note: Linux is supported only on an IBM-compatible PC.
One of the following operating systems -- Clients :
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Mac OS X
- Linux desktop distributions
One of the following databases for the Microsoft Windows and Linux environments:
- IBM DB2 Universal Database Express Edition V9.1 Fix Pack 4
- IBM DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition V9.1 Fix Pack 4
- IBM DB2 Universal Database Workgroup Server Edition V9.1 Fix Pack 4
- Oracle Database 9i Release 2 Standard or Enterprise Edition (184.108.40.206)
- Oracle Database 10g Release 1 Standard or Enterprise Edition (10.1.0.5 patch 4)
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Standard or Enterprise Edition (10.2.0.3)
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise 2005
One of the following databases for the iSeries environment:
- IBM DB2 Universal Database for iSeries V6R1 or V5R4
IBM WebSphere Application Server support:
- WebSphere Application Server V220.127.116.11 Base
- WebSphere Application Server V18.104.22.168 Base plus WebSphere Application Server ND V22.214.171.124
One of the following LDAP servers:
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.0 or V6.1
- Lotus Domino Enterprise Server V7.0.1, V7.0.2, or V8.0.1
- Sun Java System Directory Server 5.2 or 6.0 (previously known as Sun ONE Directory)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2000 or 2003
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory 2003 Application Mode (ADAM)
- Novell eDirectory V8.7.3 or V8.8
HTTP Server versions:
- Apache Server V2.0.59
- IBM HTTP Server for WebSphere Application Server V6.1
- IBM HTTP Server for i5/OS V6R1 or V5R4
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0 or 6.0
External security software:
- Netegrity Site Minder 6.0
- Tivoli Access Manager for Java Authorization Contract for Containers (JACC) 6.0
- Tivoli Access Manager for Enhanced Trust Association Interceptor 6.0
- Tivoli Access Manager for Trust Association Interceptor 6.0
For updated software information, visit
Supported software configurations for WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer software
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business and Ultimate
- SUSE Linux Enterprise SLED 10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 5.1
Integrated development environments (IDEs)
- IBM Rational Application Developer 7
- IBM Rational Software Architect 7
- IBM WebSphere Integration Developer 6.1
- Eclipse SDK 3.2.2 * (also requires Eclipse Web Tools 1.5.3, Eclipse Modeling Framework 2.2.2, Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework 3.2.2, Eclipse Visual Editor Runtime 1.2.3, Eclipse XSD Runtime 2.2.2 )
- Eclipse SDK 3.3 (Note: Visual Editor for pages does not support
- *All Eclipse requirements are met with the bundled Eclipse 3.2.2 provided during Portlet Factory Install.
Supported software configurations for deployed WebSphere Portlet Factory software
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.0 , 6.1.x
- Apache Tomcat 5.5.x (Development use only)
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 126.96.36.199 (Development use only)
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 2.0 (Development use only)
- IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0.0.x, 6.0.1.x, 6.1
- IBM WebSphere Portal Express Version 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.1
Note: Portlet Factory generates JSR-168 and JSR-286 compliant applications, IBM provides no support for specific JSR-168 and JSR-286 portal containers other than WebSphere Portal and WebSphere Application Server)
- Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10 (Note: Latest patch level required)
- IBM AIX 5.x
- IBM System i i5/OS V5R3 and V5R4 (on IBM eServer System i hardware)
- Red Hat Linux 3.0 and 4.0
- SUSE Linux 9.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 (on System z hardware)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for OS/390 8, 2.4 Kernel 31 bit
- Note: On System z hardware.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for OS/390 9, 2.6 Kernel 31 bit
- z/OS V1.6 and V1.7
- HP-UX 11i
- IBM OS/400 V5R4 (on System i hardware)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 (SP2 for Windows XP)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (Note: Tree Builder users must click twice to expand the nodes of the tree.)
- Mozilla Firefox 188.8.131.52 and 2.0x (Note: When you use Firefox as the browser for running models from Portlet Factory Designer, close the tab that displays the running model before re-running the model from the Designer.)
- Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition V1.4.2, and V1.5
- Oracle 10g
- Oracle 9i R2 V9.2.x
- IBM DB2 Enterprise Edition V8.x and V9.x
- MS SQL Server 2005 (with msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, msutil.jar)
- Oracle 8i Enterprise Release 3 v8.1.7 (Note: With thin driver for 8.1.7 or classes12.zip)
- DB2 Enterprise Edition 7.2, 8.x, 9.1
- Note: FixPack 7 Required with db2java.zip.
IBM Lotus Domino
- IBM Lotus Domino V6.0, V6.5, V7.0, and V8.0 (requires V6, or later, NCSO.jar)
- R3 V3.1h, or later (requires SAPJCO.jar)
- SAP Business Warehouse V4.7
- PeopleSoft 8.x systems require PSJOA.jar. Any PeopleSoft 8.x, or later, system that supports access to Component Interfaces through this JAR is supported.
- Siebel 7.5.2, 7.5.3, 7.8, and 8.0 require version-appropriate JAR files: 7.5.x: SiebelJI.jar, SiebelJI_Common.jar, SiebelJI_enu.jar 7.8: Siebel.jar, SiebelJI_enu.jar.
The Program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the Program, if available, such as a read-me file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other Program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and technical support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and technical support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
The Program's LI will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
IBM WebSphere Portal Express will be distributed via media packages and electronic software distribution (ESD).
IBM WebSphere Portal Express is packaged by operating system with one media package distributed for each supported operating system environment. Each media package contains the following media on an individual operating system basis:
- IBM WebSphere Portal Express Quick Start Guide CD
- Hardcopy license information document form number L-KCAL-7DJJN5.
- IBM WebSphere Portal Express Install CD
- IBM WebSphere Portal Express component CDs
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V184.108.40.206 CDs
- IBM DB2 UDB Express Edition V9.1.0 CD
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server V6.1 CD
- IBM Lotus Quickr 8.1 CDs
- IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer V6.1 CD
- IBM Lotus Sametime Entry V8.0.1 CDs
- IBM Lotus Domino Server V8.0.1 CDs
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
For ordering information, consult your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner, or visit
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Licensed function title Product group Product category IBM WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere WebSphere Portal Portal
Program name PID Charge unit number description IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 Processor Day IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 Processor Value Unit (PVU) IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 20 Authorized Users IBM WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 Idle Standby Server
A Value Unit is a pricing charge metric for program license entitlements which is based upon the quantity of a specific designated measurement used for a given program. Each program has a designated measurement. The most commonly used designated measurement is a processor core. However, for select Programs, there are other designated measurements such as users or resources which may include servers, client devices, and messages. The number of Value Unit entitlements required for a program depends on how the program is deployed in your environment and must be obtained from a Value Unit table. You must obtain a PoE for the calculated number of Value Unit entitlements for your implementation. The Value Unit entitlements are specific to a program and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Unit entitlements of another program.
Processor (Value Unit)
A processor core is a functional unit within a computing device that interprets and executes instructions. A processor core consists of at least an instruction control unit and one or more arithmetic or logic unit. With multicore technology, each core is considered a processor. Not all processor cores require the same number of Processor Value Unit entitlements. To calculate the number of Processor Value Unit entitlements required, refer to the Processor Value Unit table on the following Web site
With full capacity licensing, a PoE must be acquired for the appropriate number of Processor Value Units based on all activated processor cores available for use on the server.
20 Authorized User
Authorized User: An authorized user is one and only one individual (named or unnamed) within or outside Your enterprise. A proof of entitlement (POE) must be obtained for each individual user accessing the Program in any manner. A Program licensed under an authorized user POE may be installed on a single computer or server, and accessed by multiple users, provided that a POE has been obtained for each individual user accessing the Program either directly or indirectly (via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means on behalf of the user.
A "Proof of Entitlement" ("PoE") is required for each 20 users accessing the Program or any Program component either directly or indirectly through any means on behalf of the Users. An example of "indirect" access would be through a multiplexing program, device, or application server. The Program can be accessed by multiple Users provided that a User authorization has been obtained for each 20 Users.
- Access to the Program is restricted to Users recorded in the registry.
- Users have a unique specific identity and ID's cannot be shared.
- When multiple, unique registries exist, the registries will be additive for charging purposes even if a specific ID exists in both registries.
- An ID can establish one or more connections and count as a single User.
WebSphere Portal Express
Part description Part number IBM WebSphere Portal Express WebSphere Portal Express 20 Authorized Users Annual SW E035HLL S&S Rnwl WebSphere Portal Express 20 Authorized Users Lic + SW D59VKLL S&S 12 Mo WebSphere Portal Express 20 Authorized Users SW S&S D59VLLL Reinstate 12 Mo WebSphere Portal Express Idle Standby Server Annual SW E042LLL S&S Rnwl WebSphere Portal Express Idle Standby Server Lic + SW D61KFLL S&S 12 Mo WebSphere Portal Express Idle Standby Server SW S&S D61KGLL Reinstate 12 Mo WebSphere Portal Express Value Unit Annual SW S&S Rnwl E035GLL WebSphere Portal Express Value Unit Lic + SW S&S 12 Mo D59VHLL WebSphere Portal Express Value Unit SW S&S Reinstate 12 D59VILL Mo
Passport Advantage supply
Program name/description Part number WebSphere Portal Express V6.1.0 IBM WebSphere Portal Express for Windows, V6.1 Media BS050ML Pack IBM WebSphere Portal Express for Linux System x86, V6.1 BS051ML MP IBM WebSphere Portal Express for i5/OS, V6.1 Media Pack BS052ML
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
WebSphere Portal Express V6.1.0
Entitled maintenance Media packs description Part offerings description number IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS052ML Express per 20 Authorized Express for i5/OS, V6.1 Users Media Pack IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS050ML Express per 20 Authorized Express for Windows, V6.1 Users Media Pack IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS051ML Express per 20 Authorized Express for Linux System Users x86, V6.1 MP IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS051ML Express per Value Unit Express for Linux System x86, V6.1 MP IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS050ML Express per Value Unit Express for Windows, V6.1 Media Pack IBM WebSphere Portal IBM WebSphere Portal BS052ML Express per Value Unit Express for i5/OS, V6.1 Media Pack WP Express Idle Standby IBM WebSphere Portal BS052ML Server Express for i5/OS, V6.1 Media Pack WP Express Idle Standby IBM WebSphere Portal BS050ML Server Express for Windows, V6.1 Media Pack WP Express Idle Standby IBM WebSphere Portal BS051ML Server Express for Linux System x86, V6.1 MP
IBM WebSphere Portal Express
Part description Part number WebSphere Portal Express Processor Day Per Use-Day D59X0LL OOCoD
Contact your IBM representative for the list of selected services available in your country, either as standard or customized offerings for the efficient installation, implementation, or integration of this product.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available at
Business Partner information
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required.
Copy the Web address below into the address field of your browser.
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the Program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Maintenance, previously referred to as Software Subscription and Technical Support.
Program name Program Form number number WebSphere Portal Express 5724-E77 L-KCAL-7DJJN5
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement Web site
Yes, and through the Passport Advantage Web site at
This product is only available via Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
Warranty: IBM warrants that when the Program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the Program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Program or that IBM will correct all Program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the Program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known Program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. Consult the IBM Software Support Handbook for further information at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support: Technical support of a program product will be available for a minimum of five years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Maintenance is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Maintenance also provides you with access to updates, releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Software maintenance applies: The following agreement applies for maintenance and does not require Customer signatures:
IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011)
Software maintenance applies: Yes. Software Maintenance is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and technical support are provided by the Software Maintenance offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Maintenance with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Maintenance can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Maintenance is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Maintenance does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage Web site at
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
- For programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program.
- For programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off CoD software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Authorization for copy: The program may be stored on the primary machine and another machine, provided that the program is not in active use on both machines at the same time. You may not copy and use this program on another computer without paying additional license fees.
Product name WebSphere Portal Express Yes
Education allowance does not apply.
Education software allowance does not apply.
Special education prices are available for qualified customers through Passport Advantage.
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a Web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
All European, Middle Eastern and African countries except:
The data in this letter is subject to the disclaimer in Letter ZS90-0112, which is available from the same IBM announcement letters database.
This announcement is provided for your information only. For additional information, please contact your IBM Representative or IBM Business Partner as appropriate.