ThinkPad T61 notebook models feature Microsoft Windows Vista and XP Professional or three-year depot warranty
See final section for details of availability and limitations, if applicable.
ThinkPad(R) T61 notebooks feature:
- Fast Intel(R) Core 2 Duo processors
- Microsoft Windows Vista or XP Professional
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
Unique data protection
Integrated fingerprint reader technology on selected models helps to prevent unauthorized access to your ThinkPad notebook and data.
The Active Protection System(TM), a ThinkVantage(TM) technology, helps
protect your HDD
from some damage that could be caused by shock. A system
board-mounted sensor continuously monitors your
ThinkPad notebook for sudden
and temporarily parks the HDD read/write head when a fall or
similar event is predicted.
- Intel(R) Centrino(R) Duo
- Intel Core(TM) 2 Duo processors
- Intel(R) GM965 and PM965 Express chipset family
- Intel PRO/Wireless family
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 graphics for clear images (models with GM965 chipset)
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG(3)
- 80 GB (5400 rpm) HDD
- UltraConnect(TM) II antenna to help optimize frequency coverage and performance for improved wireless LAN connectivity around the world, when used with compatible options
- Windows Vista for better security, systems recovery, and error detection or Windows XP Professional (selected models)
- ThinkVantage Access Connections utility to help manage wired and wireless communications
- ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery(TM)
- Widescreen TFT display starting at 358-mm (14.1-in) with WXGA+ (1440 x 900) resolution
- Ultrabay Slim for fast and easy hot- and warm-swapping of selected options
- Integrated camera (selected models)
Robust system manageability:
The ThinkPad T61 notebook features support for IBM Director
Agent and is designed to the
PXE 2.1 manageability requirements for mobile systems.
All ThinkPad notebook systems capable of running Windows 64-bit operating
systems, except those with
Intel(R) Celeron processors, are designed to meet
the requirements of EPA
Note: Certain product family features are limited to selected models that may
not be available in all countries. Some combinations of features are
supported. Refer to the Prices or Product number section of this
announcement for the models and features available in your country.
management reduces processor speed when in battery mode.
|(2)||GB equals one billion bytes when referring to HDD. Accessible capacity is less. Up to 4 GB is used in the service partition.|
|(3)||11a, 11b, and 11g wireless are based on IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g. An adapter with 11a/b/g can communicate on any of these formats; the actual connection is based on the access point to which it connects.|
may vary at certain points on the system.
capacity may require the replacement of
standard component with largest supported component available.
weight may vary depending on vendor components,
manufacturing process, or options.
Weight includes battery and optional travel bezel instead of the
standard optical drive in the Ultrabay Plus.
|(6)||As an ENERGY STAR partner, Lenovo has determined that all ThinkPad notebook systems capable of running Windows 64-bit operating systems, except those with Intel(R) Celeron processors, are designed to meet the EPA ENERGY STAR 4.0 guidelines for energy efficiency. These 64-bit capable ThinkPad notebooks with Intel integrated graphics and those with graphics cards that have 128 MB video memory use less than 14 watts of power in idle state. 64-bit capable ThinkPad notebooks with graphics cards that have 256 MB video memory use less than 22 watts in idle state. Both need to be enabled by the power management software provided with the systems.|
|(7)||Maximum CD and DVD rates; rates are variable and are often less than the maximum.|
|(8)||For combination drives, maximum speeds are given in the following order: CD-W, CD-RW, CD-R, and DVD-R.|
IBM Business Partner and Lotus Notes are registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States or other countries or both.
Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. SpeedStep and Centrino are trademarks of Intel Corporation.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries or both
Lenovo, ThinkPad Advanced Dock, ThinkVantage Active Protection System, ThinkVantage, ThinkPad Advanced Dock, and ThinkPlus are trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both.
ThinkPad and TrackPoint are registered trademarks of Lenovo in the United States, other countries, or both.
Cisco and Aironet are registered trademarks of Cisco Corporation.
Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WEC Alliance).
The Bluetooth word mark and logo are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Lenovo is under license.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
New ThinkPad models of the ThinkPad T61 notebook feature:
- Intel Core 2 Duo (64-bit) processors T8300 processor (2.4(1) GHz and 800 MHz front-side (FSB) cache) and 3 MB L2 cache
- 160 GB(2) (5400 rpm) HDD
- Intel GM965 chipset
- XP Professonal operating system
- Balance of performance and portability with NVIDIA graphics (selected model)
- PC Card slot and ExpressCard slott
Planned availability date:
Unique data protection: Selected models include integrated fingerprint reader technology from ThinkVantage technologies to help protect access to your ThinkPad notebook and data.
- Because fingerprints are unique, using them along with other security measures can provide strong security.
- Fingerprint reader is built right into the palm rest area of the computer. When used with Password Manager and the Client Security Solution, pass your finger over the reader instead of typing passwords or combine it with passwords.
- Combine the integrated fingerprint reader with Password Manager and the Client Security Solution for strong security measures that are easy to follow. Security software is preloaded for an integrated solution out of the box.
- Administrators can implement strong security policies and users can meet ongoing password requirements easily.
Features available for this family of ThinkPad notebooks
Certain product family features are limited to select models that may not be available in all countries. Refer to the models and features available in your country.
Intel Core 2 processors for 64-bit computing: Intel Core 2 Duo processors T8100, T8300, T9100, T9300, or T9500
- With the introduction of Windows Vista, Lenovo combines thoughtful
engineering with bold design, delivering systems that
help lower your total cost of ownership.
- Lenovo password management is easy to use. It enables secure access to your system as well as your Web pages. It is also integrated with the fingerprint reader available on many Lenovo systems.
- Lenovo systems include a fully integrated recovery environment that works even when the Windows Vista operating system is not working.
- Lenovo systems manage everything that changes when your location changes, not just your Internet connection.
- The Active Protection System, a ThinkVantage(TM) technology, including a shock absorber to help prevent some HDD crashes that can occur when the system is placed on a hard surface while in use
- UltraConnect(TM) II antenna to help optimize frequency coverage and performance for improved wireless LAN connectivity around the world; support for 2.4 GHz frequency band for 802.11b networks and four sub-bands in 5 GHz frequency band to meet unique country spectrum requirements for 802.11a networks
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology with Bluetooth wireless technology antenna on selected models
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 or NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M graphics
- ThinkVantage Access Connections software to easily manage wired and wireless connections
- Disk-to-disk recovery of preloaded software
- PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz SO DIMM memory
- Client Security Solution (TCG-compliant)
WLAN wireless technology:
- Intel 4965AGN (or 11n disabled) Wi-Fi
- Intel PRO/wireless 3945ABG
- ThinkPad 11a/b/g
Note: The IEEE 802.11n specification has not been finalized and is
currently in draft release. The integrated Intel(R) Wireless Wi-Fi Link
4965AGN Mini-PCI Express Adapter is based on the draft release,
of the IEEE 802.11n specification. The maximum speed depends
the access point device and the number of integrated antennas used for
- Support for IBM Director Agent, a comprehensive set of superior, standards-based PC hardware manageability tools that work with and complement existing systems management products
- Compliant with the industry-standard Common Information Model
- Local and remote asset management, and early detection of HDD failure via IBM Director Agent
- Remote setup and low-level maintenance through IBM Remote Deployment Manager
- Asset and data security through multiple passwords and locks
ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery(TM) is a one-button recovery and restore
solution that includes a set of self-recovery tools for you to
diagnose, get help,
and recover from system crashes quickly, even if the
primary operating system will not boot and you are remote from your
- System Rejuvenation keeps data and system personality settings current when you restore.
- Antidote Delivery Manager allows IT staff to deliver fixes and updates to users wherever they are, even if their systems are down because of a worm or virus.
- Point-and-click wizard makes creating antidote scripts easy.
- Integration with other ThinkVantage technologies allows migration from backup and chip-encrypted backups, combining our great technologies to create an even more robust environment.
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit, Vista Home Premium 32-bit, Vista Business 32- or 64-bit, and Vista Ultimate 32-bit are available.
Windows Vista makes it easier to build "safe" applications that are secure, stable, and maintainable. It introduces advances such as User Account Protection (UAP) to enable developers to easily create applications that can be installed and run without requiring users to log in as an administrator. In addition, ClickOnce and the new Windows Installer enable developers to create applications that are simple to deploy and update, making it as easy to update a client application as it is to visit a Web page.
Windows Vista also empowers developers and designers to create visually appealing applications that improve usability and enable greater differentiation. The new Windows Vista shell and presentation system make it simple for developers and designers to integrate their applications into Windows and into each other to create more usable and better looking user interfaces.
Finally, Windows Vista makes it easy to connect to information, connect
to systems, and connect to customers.
Additionally, Windows Vista provides Rich Site Summary (RSS) support
to enable developers to
create experiences that aggregate information from multiple sources.
Communications: Choice of communications:
- 56 Kbps V.90 modem (V.92-designed) and 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN connection
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology on selected models
LCD TFT display:
TFT displays at 358-mm (14.1-in); display is measured diagonally
Keyboard with TrackPoint and enhanced features: The keyboard has the familiar layout of a ThinkPad notebook with function keys that allow you to quickly access system functions such as power management control.
- UltraNav combines the advantages of the TrackPoint device, center-scrolling button, and a touch pad.
- ThinkLight(TM) makes viewing your keyboard in low-light conditions easy.
- ThinkVantage button provides one-button access to critical information.
- The TrackPoint with enhanced features includes the Press-to-Select and Release-to-Select function.
Just tap the TrackPoint to speed icon launches and help reduce keystrokes. The programmable center button enables fast scrolling of Web sites and documents or fast panning across wide spreadsheets. Switch to the innovative magnifying glass feature to enlarge screen views in any application.
Available memory: 512 MB, 1 GB, or 2 GB expandable to
Important information about memory: Lenovo notebooks announced April 2007, or after, have a new 64-bit architecture.
The standard memory can be expanded to 3 or 4 GB of addressable memory, depending on whether the operating system is a 32- or 64-bit operating system. The new notebooks with a Windows Vista 32-bit or previous Windows 32-bit operating system can support up to 3 GB of addressable memory. The new notebooks with a Windows Vista 64-bit operating system can support up to 4 GB of addressable memory.
Recommended for memory expansion are 512 MB, 1 GB, and 2 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667 MHz SO DIMM.
80, 120, 160, 160 FDE, or 250 GB (5400 rpm) HDD in selected systems and 100, 160, or 200 FDE GB (7200 rpm) in selected systems
- ExpressCard or PC card
- Smart card or PC card
- 4-in-1 Media Card or PC card
An optional second HDD in the Ultrabay Slim expands storage. The second HDD option, requiring an adapter, can be used with all ThinkPad T61 models.
Drives: DVD, CD-RW/DVD or Multi-Burner DVD Recordable dual layer, Ultrabay Slim drive(7)(8)
Audio: Full-duplex audio on the system board and the integrated microphone allow voice annotation and audio. The system is equipped with audio in/out jacks for stereo speakers, headphone, or external microphone. The system supports Microsoft DirectSound applications.
Video: Digital visual interface (DVI) for digital displays is supported on selected models supported through the optional ThinkPad Advanced Dock, ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock, or ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator stations at up to 1600 x 1200, 60 Hz supported resolution.
Other features: The ThinkPad T61 systems include these ports:
- External display
- Built-in RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors for telephony and LAN connections
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- IEEE 1394a high-speed port (selected models)
PS/2 port and serial port are not included, but they can be obtained through the optional ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator, ThinkPad Advanced Dock, or ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock.
The USB ports, which connect external drives and other devices, are supported with Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista.
The 240-pin connector supports these optional docking solutions:
- ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator for simple port replication and cable management
- ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock for port replication, additional USB capability, and security
- ThinkPad Advanced Dock for a more advanced docking solution
AC adapter: The ac adapter is an ac-to-dc converter that supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
Li-Ion battery pack
- A four- or six-cell Li-Ion battery pack is shipped with the system.
- An optional Li-Ion battery pack, the Ultrabay Slim Li-Polymer battery, fits into the Ultrabay Slim so that two batteries can be installed to increase battery operating time.
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the ac adapter with the system.
- You can determine how much battery power remains by using the Fuel-Gauge ThinkPad utility program. This displays the percentage of charge remaining, whether one or two batteries are in the system.
The non-Lenovo software programs listed in this section may be licensed
to you under the non-Lenovo manufacturer's, supplier's, or publisher's
terms and conditions. The non-Lenovo manufacturers, suppliers, or
are responsible for providing any service or support associated with
these programs. The descriptions of these programs were obtained from
information made available by these companies to the general public.
Lenovo does not warrant these products. Some software may differ
from its separately available version (if available), and may not
include user manuals or all program function.
Software that may be included or preloaded on the system:
- ThinkVantage fingerprint software
- Higher education or K-12 education software (U.S. education models only)
Standard preload systems: Microsoft Windows Vista 32- or 64-bit
- Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic (Vista 32-bit)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Vista 32-bit)
- Windows Vista Business with DVD Playback (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Vista 32-bit)
- Windows XP Professional (SP2 preloaded, SP1a and SP2 supported)
- Windows XP Home Edition (SP2 not preloaded, SP1a and SP2 supported)
- Windows 2000 Professional (SP2 not preloaded)
- ThinkVantage Productivity Center (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- ThinkVantage Access Connections (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- ThinkVantage Client Security Solution (Vista 32-bit)
- ThinkVantage System Update (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- PC-Doctor diagnostics (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- Diskeeper 9.0 Home (Vista 32-bit)
- Picasa by Google (Vista 32-bit)
- Norton Internet Security 2007 (OEM Edition) with 90 days of virus definition updates (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- Mobile Connect Dashboard for Vodafone support (for systems with Vodafone wireless card only)
- Telus (Vista 32- or 64-bit) in U.S. and French Canada preloads only
- Telenor (Vista 32- or 64-bit) (SV preload only - Sweden)
- Swisscom (Vista 32- or 64-bit) in U.S., France, Italy preloads only
- Vodacom (Vista 32- or 64-bit) in U.S., France, Great Britain, Italy
- ThinkVantage fingerprint software on selected systems - preload only on models with fingerprint reader
- Sun JRE
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007 (Vista 32- or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Office Pro Hybrid image (Vista 32- or 64- bit)
- Microsoft Office 2007 Personal (Vista 32- or 64-bit) Japan only
- Lotus Notes stand-alone client (Vista 32- or 64-bit) license
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 4.0 certified
- Turbolinux Desktop 10 certified
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 certified and supported
Telephone support may be subject to additional charges, even during the limited warranty period. For Lenovo machines with on-site labor, Lenovo will attempt to diagnose and resolve the problem remotely before sending a technician. For Lenovo machines with courier or depot service, Lenovo will attempt to diagnose and resolve the problem remotely before sending a courier.
CUSTOMER REPLACEABLE UNIT (CRU) SERVICE: If your problem can be resolved with a CRU (keyboard, mouse, speaker, memory, HDD, or other easily replaceable part), Lenovo will ship the part to you for your replacement. If Lenovo instructs you to return the replaced CRU, you are responsible for returning it in accordance with the instructions. If you do not return the defective CRU, if Lenovo so instructs, within 30 days of your receipt of the replacement CRU, Lenovo may charge you for the replacement.
All offers are subject to availability. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice. Lenovo is not responsible for photographic or typographic errors.
(Microsoft XP Professional) Order Machine Description Number Type Model ----------------------------------- -------- ------ -----
ThinkPad T61 NC1RGxx 7659 RGG (14.1- inch WXGA TFT (1280x768), Bluetooth wireless technology, integrated fingerprint reader, Intel Core 2 Duo processor T8300, Mobile Intel GM965 Express Chipset, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, 160 GB / 5400 rpm, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo, 1 GB, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG), six-cell battery, IEEE 1394 PC Card Slot, ExpressCard Slot, Microsoft Windows XP Professional)
Note: The last two digits (xx) of the EMEA order number are language dependent (e.g. French = FR, German = GE, Spanish = SP, etc.)
For the latest information on options available for the ThinkPad T61 models and other ThinkPad notebooks, visit
Note: Actual specifications and weights may vary based on features, display type, vendor components, or manufacturing processes. All weights and dimensions are approximate.
- Width: 335 mm (13.2 in)
- Depth: 237 mm (9.3 in)
- Height: 27.6 to 31.9 mm (1.09 to 1.26 in)
- Weight: As light as 2.3 kg (5.0 lb)
AC adapter (two- or three-pin):
- 90 W: 360 g (0.795 lb)
- 65 W: 260 g (0.57 lb)
- Power cord for ac adapter: 90 g (0.19 lb) 60 W
- DVD/CD-RW drive: 195 g (0.43 lb)
- Multi-Burner DVD Recordable drive: 195 g (0.43 lb)
- Universal ac adapter (90 W):
- Input: 100/240 V ac, 1.7/0.6 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 20 V dc, 4.25 A
- Universal ac adapter (65 W):
- Input: 100/240 V ac, 1.7/0.6 A, 50/60 Hz
- Output: 20 V dc, 3.25 A
- Li-Ion battery packs:
- Four-cell: 10.8 V, 37.44 Wh
- Six-cell: 10.8 V, 56.16 Wh
Heat dissipation: 222 Btu/hr maximum
Heat emissions: 65 watts maximum (65-watt adapter)
Air temperature for shipping and storage: -20 degrees to 60 degrees C (-4 degrees to 140 degrees F)
Acoustic noise level: Category 3D (office environment)
- Low cooling fan speed:
- Sound power level: 3.7 bels (idling), 4.0 bels (HDD seeking)
- Sound pressure level at the operator position: 31 dB (idling), 34 dB (HDD seeking)
- Middle cooling fan speed:
- Sound power level: 3.9 bels (idling), 4.0 bels (HDD seeking)
- Sound pressure level at the operator position: 33 dB (idling), 34 dB (HDD seeking)
- High cooling fan speed:
- Sound power level: 4.0 bels (idling), 4.1 bels (HDD seeking)
- Sound pressure level at the operator position: 36 dB (idling), 37 dB (HDD seeking)
Note: All measurements are made in accordance with ISO 7779 and reported in conformance with ISO 9296.
Operating environment: ThinkPad computers are designed, built, and tested for high quality and reliability. When used properly in standard business environments, a ThinkPad system should be a reliable computing asset for many years. Harsh environments and abuse can damage ThinkPad notebooks. They are not intended to withstand extreme temperatures, dust, shock, or severe physical environments. ThinkPad systems should not be used in unsuitable environments. For example, a ThinkPad system should not be used in non-stationary environments, such as in-vehicle installations, without additional casing or shock dissipation. Lenovo warrants that the ThinkPad notebook will conform to its Official Published Specifications when used in a suitable physical operating environment.
For additional information about supported environments,
refer to the Physical Specifications section.
- FCC Part 15 Class-B (Doc) (USA)
- VCCI Class 2 (Japan)
- UL-60950 (USA)
- C-UL (Canada)
- CCC (China)
- BSMI (Taiwan)
- MPR-II/MPR-III (Sweden)
- CE Mark (EMEA)
- CB Report (EMEA)
- NOM (Mexico)
- MIC (Korea)
- ACA (Australia)
- SASO (Saudi Arabia)
- CER (Eastern Europe)
- GOST (Russia)
- Windows XP Professional SP2 with USB 2.0 support
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with USB 2.0 support
For information about support for these operating systems, visit
Note: Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
For a list of completed Linux certifications, visit
Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the system may not perform all functions at an optimal level. To view considerations or Service Hints and Tips by operating system, visit
- In the middle of the page, in the Quick path to a product field, enter your system's four-digit machine type and three-digit model number, such as 2511-123.
- On the left side of the page, click Hints and Tips.
- In middle of the page, select a category such as Windows 2000 to see the list of considerations or hints and tips for your machine type.
Contact your ThinkPad representative for a list of supported features and options.
PC card: The ThinkPad T61 notebook conforms to the PC Card Standard 95. The new PC Card Standard encompasses both the former 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the new 32-bit CardBus card. Other PC card adapters that comply with the PC Card Standard may also function, but have not been tested by Lenovo.
Lenovo tests a large number of commonly used and available applications for compatibility with its ThinkPad systems using supporting operating systems and configurations. In general, you can expect that most vendor applications designed to run on supported operating systems and Intel-compatible system architectures should be compatible with a ThinkPad system. Some configurations, however, may not be compatible.
Lenovo does not warrant or support vendor software products, nor guarantee compatibility of those products with Lenovo systems. Refer to the applicable warranty and license terms provided by the respective vendors.
ThinkPad T61 systems contain BIOS in their flash ROM and a GUI to set up the system and power management features for Windows users. BIOS provides the hardware instructions and interfaces designed to support the standard features of the ThinkPad T61 computer and to maintain compatibility with many software programs currently operating under Windows 2000.
For a list of tips about running various versions of operating systems, visit
I/O port access: You can limit accessible I/O ports on the system using the I/O Port Access menu in BIOS setup. This feature prevents unexpected information leak through the I/O ports, The following I/O devices are supported:
- Ethernet LAN
- Wireless LAN
- USB port
- IEEE port
- Parallel port
- CardBus slot
- PCI Express slot
- Bay option (HDD/Optical)
- Memory card slot
- The Ultrabay does not support the combination of PATA HDD and ThinkPad 2nd HDD Adapter Option (62P4554) although the second HDD adapter can be physically attached to the Ultrabay.
- Do not use the RJ-11, RJ-45, or VGA port on the computer when it is docked on the ThinkPad Advanced Dock, ThinkPad Advanced Mini-Dock, or ThinkPad Essential Port Replicator.
- Selected systems are wireless upgradable with wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express options sold by Lenovo. Systems are not wireless upgradable in all countries.
- Systems with the wireless LAN product permit legal operation worldwide in regions in which it is approved. This product has been tested and certified to be interoperable by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance and is authorized to carry the Wi-Fi brand.
- Using Wi-Fi wireless and optional Bluetooth products together may impact the performance of both.
- ThinkVantage Active Protection System is automatically
disabled while the computer is:
- Loading the operating system
- In standby or hibernation mode
- Resuming from normal operation after being in standby or hibernation
- Being shut down
Cable orders: All cables are included in the shipment group.
Installability: ThinkPad T61 systems require approximately 20 minutes for installation. Installation includes unpacking, setting up, and powering on the system. Additional time is required to install optional memory and other optional features.
- System unit with the appropriate processor, HDD, and display
- Proper memory installed
- Proper optical drive installed
- Modem, Ethernet, and IEEE 1394 high-spee d port
- Client Security Solution
- Wi-Fi wireless card on selected models
- Wireless WAN card and antenna on selected models
- Bluetooth card and antenna on selected models
- Appropriate preloaded software
- System unit with U.S. English keyboard
- AC adapter
- Rechargeable battery pack (Li-Ion)
- Power cord
- TrackPoint caps
- ThinkPad T Series Service and Troubleshooting Guide
- ThinkPad T Series Setup Guide
- Envelope Group BM (Miscellaneous Envelope)
Passwords: These password-protection mechanisms are available:
- Power-on passwords to help protect the system from unauthorized use
- Supervisor password for use by a system administrator
- HDD password to help protect data on the removable HDD
In addition, an optional locking device in the Lenovo security slot provides physical security.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communications facilities.
Contact your sales representative for the list of selected services available in your country, either as standard or customized offerings, for the efficient installation, implementation, and/or integration of this product.
To obtain copies of the Lenovo Statement of Limited Warranty,
contact your reseller or Lenovo.
- System hardware - Three years CCR on parts and labor
- System battery - One year
Optional Lenovo features initially installed in a Lenovo system carry the same warranty period as the system. If installed after the initial system installation, they carry the balance of the system warranty or the optional feature warranty, whichever is greater.
LENOVO THINKPLUS AND LENOVO THINKPAD PROTECTION WARRANTY UPGRADES
The announced Lenovo ThinkPad Machine types are eligible for Lenovo ThinkPlus Warranty Upgrades and Post Warranty offerings, they are also eligible for Lenovo ThinkPad Protection (TPP) Warranty Upgrades. Lenovo ThinkPlus and ThinkPad Protection provide a higher level of service than provided under the Lenovo Base Warranty. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- LENOVO BUSINESS PARTNERS AND DISTRIBUTOR CHANNELS Lenovo ThinkPlus and Lenovo ThinkPad Protection are specific to The Machine Types and products listed. Lenovo ThinkPlus Upgrade Ordering or TPP Offering L No Type P/N ---------------------------------------------------------------------- For MT 7659 with 3 Yr Customer Carry In Base Warranty: 4 Yr Customer Carry-In L521 ThinkPlus 41E9876 3 Yr Courier Collect L57 ThinkPlus 41C9436 4 Yr Courier Collect L523 ThinkPlus 41E9878 3 Yr On-site Service NBD* L45 ThinkPlus 41C9432 4 Yr On-Site Service NBD* L522 ThinkPlus 41E9877 1 Yr Courier Collect L527 ThinkPlus 10N3143 Post Warranty 1 Yr On-Site Service NBD* L528 ThinkPlus 10N3144 Post Warranty 3 Yr Think Pad Protection L573 TPP 41K0420 4 Yr Customer Carry-In + TPP** L576 TPP 41K0423 3 Yr Courier Collect + TPP** L574 TPP 41K0421 4 Yr Courier Collect + TPP** L577 TPP 41K0424 3 Yr On-Site Service NBD* + TPP** L575 TPP 41K0422 4 Yr On-Site Service NBD* + TPP** L578 TPP 41K0425
Notes * NBD = Next Business Day Response Target. ** TPP will always be dealt with as Courier Collect.
These offerings do not include coverage for the ThinkPad Main (System) battery.
ANNOUNCEMENT COUNTRIES FOR THE INCLUDED LENOVO THINKPLUS L No. PACS.
Announcement is restricted to the following countries: Austria Belgium Denmark Finland France* Germany Ireland Israel Italy Luxemburg Netherlands Norway Portugal Spain Sweden Switzerland UK**
ANNOUNCEMENT COUNTRIES FOR THE INCLUDED LENOVO THINKPAD PROTECTION (TPP) L No. PACS.
Announcement is restricted to the following countries:
Austria Belgium Denmark Finland France* Germany Ireland Italy Netherlands Norway Spain Sweden Switzerland UK**
Notes * Except overseas Territories ** Mainland UK only for On Site Service
LENOVO BUSINESS PARTNERS AND DISTRIBUTOR CHANNELS - EAST
Lenovo ThinkPlus and Lenovo ThinkPad Protection are specific to the Machines & products listed.
Lenovo ThinkPlus C/L Upgrade Ordering or TPP Offering No Type P/N --------------------------------------------------------------------- For MT 7659 with 3 Yr Customer Carry In Base Warranty: 4 Yr Customer Carry-In C534 ThinkPlus 10N3152 3 Yr On-Site Service NBD* C639 ThinkPlus 12X6455 4 Yr On-Site Service NBD* C640 ThinkPlus 12X6456 3 Yr ThinkPad Protection L573 TPP 41K0420 4 Yr Customer Carry-In + TPP** L576 TPP 41K0423 3 Yr Courier Collect + TPP** L574 TPP 41K0421 4 Yr Courier Collect + TPP** L577 TPP 41K0424 3 Yr On-Site Service NBD* + TPP** L575 TPP 41K0422 4 Yr On-Site Service NBD* + TPP** L578 TPP 41K0425
Notes * NBD = Next Business Day Response Target. ** TPP offerings in EAST are ONLY available in GREECE and will always be dealt with as Courier Collect.
These offerings do not include coverage for the ThinkPad Main (system) battery. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- EAST ANNOUNCEMENT COUNTRIES FOR THE INCLUDED LENOVO THINKPLUS C No. PACS.
Announcement is restricted to the following countries:
Bulgaria* Croatia Czech Republic Greece Hungary Poland Romania Russia** Slovakia Slovenia*** South Africa Turkey
* Bulgaria is limited to Sofia for On-Site Service. ** Russia is limited to 100 km of Moscow for Service Provision. *** Slovenia is limited to 50 Km of Ljubljana for On-Site Service.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- EAST ANNOUNCEMENT COUNTRIES FOR THE INCLUDED LENOVO THINKPAD PROTECTION TPP L No. Pacs.
Announcement is restricted to the following countries:
Czech Republic Greece Poland South Africa
Warranty Service: If required, your Service Provider provides repair or exchange service depending on the type of warranty service specified below for the Machine. A service technician will attempt to resolve your problem over the telephone, you must follow the problem determination and resolution procedures. Scheduling of service will depend upon the time of your call and is subject to parts availability. Service levels are response time objectives and are not guaranteed. The specified level of warranty service may not be available in all worldwide locations, additional charges may apply outside your Service Providers normal service area, contact your local Service Provider representative or your reseller for country and location specific information.
Customer Replaceable Unit ("CRU") Service: Lenovo will ship CRUs to you for you to install, Tier 1 CRUs are easy to install whereas Tier 2 CRUs require some technical skill and tools. CRU information and replacement instructions are shipped with your Machine and are available from Lenovo at any time on your request. You may request that a Service Provider install CRUs, at no additional charge, under the type of warranty service designated for your Machine. Lenovo specifies in the materials shipped with a replacement CRU whether a defective CRU must be returned. When return is required, 1) return instructions and a container are shipped with the replacement CRU, and 2) you may be charged for the replacement CRU if Lenovo does not receive the defective CRU within 30 days of your receipt of the replacement.
Courier or Depot Service: You will disconnect the failing Machine for collection arranged by your Service Provider. A shipping container will be provided to you for you to return your Machine to a designated service center. A courier will pick up your Machine and deliver it to the designated service center. Following its repair or exchange, the service center will arrange the return delivery of the Machine to your location. You are responsible for its installation and verification.
International Warranty Service (IWS): IWS is available during the warranty period to customers who travel or relocate to countries where their computer is sold and serviced by a Service Provider authorized to perform warranty service. Eligible Lenovo computers are identified by their four-digit machine type.
You can obtain IWS through the method of service, such as CRU, depot, carry-in or on-site, provided in the servicing country. Service methods and procedures vary by country, and some service or parts may not be available in all countries. Service centers in certain countries may not be able to service all models of a particular machine type. In addition, some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service.
NOTE: Due to the earth's magnetic field, cathode ray tube (CRT) monitors are manufactured to work in northern, southern and equatorial regions of the earth and may not produce a satisfactory image when moved between them. Any required adjustment (if possible) is not covered under IWS and may be subject to a chargeable action. The magnetic field does not affect Flat Panel LCD Monitors and ThinkPad LCD displays.
Licensing: Programs included with this product are licensed under the terms and conditions of the License Agreements that are shipped with the system.
Customer setup. Customers are responsible for installation according to the instructions Lenovo provides with the machine.
Licensed Internal Code and Licensed Machine Code: This product does not contain Licensed Internal Code or Licensed Machine Code.
For all local charges, contact your Sales Representative.
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing solutions from IBM Global Financing can help you stretch your budget and affordably acquire the new product. But beyond the initial acquisition, our end-to-end approach to IT management can also help keep your technologies current, reduce costs, minimize risk, and preserve your ability to make flexible equipment decisions throughout the entire technology life cycle. For more financing information, please visit
All European, Middle Eastern and African Countries.
NOTE: The function of the wireless card will be disabled in the following countries:
Latvia, Lithuania and Israel
Exclusion list for Countries Supporting Mimo Wireless Cards in AD and CX Country Designators. CX - Ship to list: Czech/Hungary/Slovakia/Macedonia/Serbia/Poland/ Slovenia/Croatia/Bosnia/Macedonia/Bulgaria/Romania/Greece/ Cyprus/Turkey, - No ship to list: Albania AD - Ship to list: UAE/Bahrein/Jordan/Saudi/Lebanon/Kuwait - No ship to list: Qatar