IBM Maximo Application Suite 8.7 adds continuous delivery support, and provides enhancements for IBM Maximo Manage, IBM Maximo Monitor, IBM Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities, IBM Maximo Visual Inspection, IBM Maximo Assist, and IBM Maximo MobileIBM Latin America Software Announcement LP22-0011
February 15, 2022
|Table of contents|
IBM® Maximo® Application Suite offers a single point of access to a full suite of asset lifecycle management capabilities. Maximo Application Suite 8.7 provides key enhancements across the applications within the suite, focused on the user experience, industry-specific updates, and core integration updates.
Maximo Application Suite 8.7 also brings continuous delivery (CD) support (see the Program technical support section for details) and the following artificial intelligence (AI)-driven asset performance capabilities:
- IBM Maximo Monitor users can represent their business as a hierarchy of assets enabling the remote operations engineer to monitor performance at scale. Users can create a dashboard at different levels to aggregate data across different assets.
- IBM Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities users have the capability to create investment scenarios to optimize the replacement planning based on risk or budget for a group of assets selected. Running the replacement planning optimization model requires deploying IBM Maximo Scheduler Optimization 8.1 (separately purchased) in Maximo Application Suite 8.7.
- IBM Maximo Visual Inspection administrator users can set data retention and expiration policies for data sets to manage scaled usage. Users can quickly and easily connect an IBM Maximo Visual Inspection Edge inspection with Maximo Monitor through the use of a simple UI.
- IBM Maximo Assist is supported by Windows platform Natural Language Query and Diagnose functions.
- IBM Maximo Parts Identifier is supported on Windows platform.
- IBM Maximo Mobile users can view work list as tasks instead of work orders and report labor and materials by tasks.
Back to top
Maximo Application Suite is an integrated suite, enabling easier access to a full set of asset lifecycle applications, with flexibility to start at any point in the asset lifecycle and expand into other areas. This flexibility uses a simplified, suite-based licensing structure and does not require additional provisioning. Deployment flexibility, through Red Hat® OpenShift® and hybrid cloud, enables diverse options for provisioning Maximo Application Suite across multiple clouds, on premises, or hosted as a managed service on IBM Cloud®.
Starting with IBM Maximo Manage and expanding access to asset performance management applications, the Maximo Application Suite portfolio of offerings can enable your organization to obtain operational visibility of assets through their lifecycle with the potential for faster ROI, increased productivity, and operational uptime.
The Maximo Application Suite streamlines installation and administration, while enhancing the user experience with shared data, workflow, and user experience. Infused with AI, this offering is purpose-built to accelerate digital transformation of traditional asset maintenance into AI-driven maintenance.
Maximo Application Suite includes the following:
- IBM Maximo Manage
- IBM Maximo Monitor
- IBM Maximo Health
- IBM Maximo Predict
- IBM Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities
- IBM Maximo Visual Inspection
- IBM Maximo Visual Inspection Edge
- IBM Maximo Assist
- IBM Maximo Safety
New in Maximo Application Suite 8.7
- Maximo Manage
- Upgrade to Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) 4.8 reporting.
- Support for Open Authorization 2.0 (OAUTH 2.0) authentication.
- Capability that enables the Liberty JMS Server to be used for Maximo Manage integrations.
- Data Dictionary capabilities for Maximo Manage that enable asset and location date to be imported from Maximo Monitor.
- IBM Maximo Scheduler Optimization 8.1 (separately purchased), which can be deployed as an add-on to Maximo Manage. With IBM Maximo Application Suite 8.7, Maximo Scheduler Optimization can be used by Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities for running the asset replacement optimization model.
- Maximo Monitor
- Capability that enables users to represent their business as a hierarchy of assets, providing a way for remote operations engineers to monitor performance at scale. Users can create a dashboard at different levels to aggregate data across different assets.
- Capability to create custom functions to calculate time in state for a device to determine how long the device was in that state before it changed.
- Capability to set the device alias for use with configuration and visualization of devices.
- Capability to ingest data directly into Maximo Monitor from OSI PI by using a code pattern.
- Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities
- Capability to optimize asset replacement projects, by
maintaining or improving risk within budget constraints:
- For many utilities organizations, there is a need to plan for future asset replacements. With a large number of assets, many of which are aging, it is important to prioritize asset replacements to ensure that the assets representing the most risk are prioritized for replacement without exceeding planned budgets.
- Running of optimization model for asset replacement projects requires the deployment of IBM Maximo Scheduler Optimization 8.1 (separately purchased) with IBM Maximo Application Suite 8.7.
- Capability to optimize asset replacement projects, by maintaining or improving risk within budget constraints:
- Maximo Visual Inspection
- Users can train TensorFlow Lite object detection models to run visual inferencing on a variety of supported platforms.
- The model training engine is updated to Compute Unified Device Architecture (CUDA) version 11.1 to support GoogLeNet, Faster R-CNN, SSD, YOLOv3, and Tiny YOLOv3 models to run on the current NVIDIA GPU architecture and benefit from the numerous advantages of CUDA.
- Maximo Work Worders is capable of adding documents marked as "Useful" while using Maximo Assist's Query functionality as attachments.
- The embedded version of IBM Watson® Discovery is upgraded to Watson Discovery 4 and IBM Cloud Pak® for Data 4.
- Diagnose model from earlier versions of Maximo Assist is removed with Maximo Application Suite 8.7 to reduce product's size and processing footprints.
- Technician and Inspection enhancements include capability to:
- Capture physical signature as part of inspections
- Use multi-selectable response in inspections
- Include asset and location fields during creation or edit work order
- Determine log type when entering work log info
- Report labor and materials by tasks
- Service Request process enhancements feature:
- Capability for users to include asset and location fields during creation of service request
- Capability for users to include follow-up questions fields during creation of service request
- System updates include:
- Enhancements to offline database performance and shared data model for mobile applications
- Improvements to data downloads
- Improvements to map downloads for offline use
- Push notifications when using mobile app with Maximo Manage
- Consistent session time-outs as set in Maximo Application Suite
- Support for iOS15 and Android 12
- Windows app support for Maximo Manage
To learn how IBM can host and manage the Maximo Application Suite for your enterprise, see Software Announcement LP20-0283, dated May 29, 2020.
Back to top
The following offerings are required to use Maximo Application Suite 8.7:
- Red Hat OpenShift Platform 4.8
- IBM Cloud Pak for Data 4.0
The following are required to use Maximo Visual Inspection with Maximo Application Suite 8.7:
- x86 system with at least one NVIDIA Pascal, Volta, Ampere, or Turing-architecture GPU
Back to top
February 22, 2022
Availability within a country is subject to local legal requirements.
See the Availability of national languages section for national language availability.
Back to top
Maximo Application Suite 8.7 (5737-M66)
Maximo Application Suite consists of the following Maximo applications:
- IBM Maximo Manage
- IBM Maximo Monitor
- IBM Maximo Health
- IBM Maximo Predict
- IBM Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities
- IBM Maximo Visual Inspection
- IBM Maximo Visual Inspection Edge
- IBM Maximo Assist
- IBM Maximo Safety
Maximo Manage provides robust asset lifecycle management and maintenance management functionality that helps organizations improve asset life and lower cost of ownership. The following select Maximo Manage industry-specific and add-on products are included with Maximo Application Suite 8.7.
Maximo Manage industry solutions:
- IBM Maximo Utilities
- IBM Maximo Oil and Gas
- IBM Maximo Nuclear
- IBM Maximo Transportation
- IBM Maximo Aviation
- IBM Maximo Civil Infrastructure
Maximo Manage add-ons:
- IBM Maximo Service Provider
- IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment
- IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
- IBM Maximo Spatial
- IBM Maximo Connector for SAP Applications
- IBM Maximo Connector for Oracle Applications
- IBM Maximo Mobile
- IBM Maximo Anywhere
Maximo Manage unifies robust asset lifecycle and maintenance management activities, providing insight into all enterprise assets, their conditions, and work processes to achieve better planning and control.
Maximo Manage includes the following capabilities:
- Work management. Asset-intensive organizations need to centrally manage planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals. Mobile workers need to accomplish more in the field, from reading meters, to capturing electronic signatures, to using bar code and RFID capabilities for asset tracking and management. The right combination of features can streamline work processes for increased productivity.
- Asset management. An effective asset management solution must manage and optimize the use of all assets to achieve greater asset availability, reliability, and performance. The result is the capability to extend the asset's life because assets are better maintained. The capability to gather and analyze data about asset operations enables an organization to move from corrective maintenance (repairs made after a problem occurs) to preventive maintenance (scheduled repairs based on experience). The last step is a move to predictive maintenance (repairs made because data for a particular asset indicates that a failure is imminent).
- Planning and scheduling. Planners and schedulers are at the heart of optimized work processes. To lower maintenance costs and improve resource usage, personnel need to graphically view all work orders and preventive maintenance schedules on a Gantt chart. Intuitive navigation through work orders can help dispatchers manage task and work dependencies.
- Crews dispatched for special jobs in remote locations have an acute need for the proper skills, tools, and documentation, which is an expensive strategy used in the most critical situations. In addition, the capability to locate and track field resources on a public map can help improve workforce management and help increase the efficiencies of emergency work.
- Supply chain management. As traditional business assets become more technology-enabled, operations and IT functions are increasingly converging in today's fast-paced business and technology environments. As a result, one way to effectively manage operational applications is to consolidate them. Organizations that seek to better manage their supply chains must:
- Find support that can manage a wide variety of asset types and maintenance information
- Establish a single technology system to manage virtually all asset types and information (for example, production, linear, facilities, transportation, and infrastructure) including calibration support and use of mobile capabilities
- Have an integrated asset management solution that enables optimal return on assets, complies with regulations, and helps minimize risk
- Develop smarter processes and provide users with an innovative, fully integrated supply chain management system designed for asset intensive industries
- Mobility. The widespread adoption of mobile technologies requires today's engineers, field technicians, and other business staff to use smart mobile devices to get their work done. These workers need to complete their projects within an optimized, IT-approved environment. By taking advantage of device-specific capabilities such as photos and voice-to-text features, mobile solutions enable technicians to capture the right information at the right time.
- Calibration. This capability provides requirements for traceability and reverse traceability, calibration history data, calibration data sheets, and reporting.
- Linear Assets. This capability is used for managing assets such as roads, pipelines, rail lines, and transmission lines. The linear visual control feature is designed to provide an improved user experience when administering linear assets.
Maximo Manage has options that address the special needs of industries:
- Utilities. Provides special capabilities for linear assets, configuration management, and crew schedule or dispatching based on geospatial visual management tools. Suitable for transmission and distribution in water and wastewater, gas, and electric power.
- Oil and gas, mining, and metals. Focuses on operational excellence by helping clients integrate safety, reliability, compliance, and performance into work management. Reduces costs through standardization, collaboration, and the adoption of better operational practices.
- Manufacturing. Helps industries such as automotive, aerospace and defense, electronics or industrial products, food and beverage, or consumer products manage all their assets and maintenance activities. Uses concepts such as proper Lean Six Sigma terminology and complements product lifecycle management requirements.
- Life sciences. Helps monitor, track, and manage equipment, facilities, mobile, and IT-enabled assets. Use calibration to manage tools, traceability, and management of e-signature and gold standards.
- Healthcare. Helps manage the complex relationship between facilities and equipment readiness. Tracks and locates critical assets, monitors facility conditions, helps clients comply with reporting requirements and integrates with operational health information systems.
- Nuclear power. Helps nuclear organizations manage work and asset management regulations through detailed state management, workflows, escalations, and e-signature. Suitable to assist in the management of client activities within stringent regulatory environments due to compliance, health, safety, and security.
- Transportation. Provides detailed asset configuration management, fuel management, drivers' logs, and bay scheduling tools to help improve the availability and use of critical transportation assets in organizations that operate rail, road, and air traffic or logistics.
- Service providers. Helps manage profitability and SLAs by linking customer service commitments with field teams that deliver services. Related service management activities for multiple customers are managed in a single cloud-based deployed instance that is accessible by an Android or Apple mobile device.
For more information about compatibility and coexistence for Maximo Manage and the Maximo Manage add-ons and industry solutions that are included with Maximo Application Suite, see the IBM Maximo Application Suite website.
Maximo Manage industry solutions
Maximo Utilities helps enable clients in the electric, gas, and water utility industries to efficiently and effectively manage all their assets that are used in the transmission and distribution of electricity, gas, and water. The solution addresses key business challenges by optimizing asset performance, assisting clients in complying with industry regulations, and leveraging industry best practices. This solution is configurable to help clients keep pace with the ever-changing business and regulatory requirements of utilities. Additional capabilities have been added to support advanced planning and scheduling in Maximo Utilities including CPM for Crews, and Work Crew Gantt View.
Maximo Oil and Gas
Helps transform business models by integrating work and asset management, assisting clients with meeting their health and safety requirements, and integrated operations in a way that becomes essential for oil and gas businesses. This evolving offering can help businesses improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, help businesses meet their quality and safety requirements, and maintain their regulatory and compliance standards.
Key features and capabilities of Maximo Oil and Gas and Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager are:
- Isolation Management application. To efficiently manage the work activities around isolating assets or locations that operate in a potentially dangerous environment, you can use the Isolation Management application. By using this application, you can create isolation certificates that provide a system of control to assist client with its plant and personnel safety procedures.
- Operational Actions application. To efficiently manage the actions that are assigned to you or to your group, across multiple applications, you can use the Operational Actions application. By using this application, you can manage all of the actions for any Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager application for which actions are defined. You can review the actions that are to be completed, mark actions as complete, and add actions to an application. You can also create queries that are based on search fields that you choose and create reports from those queries.
- Operator Log Book application. With this application, clients can review all the shift logs and their entries that relate to an asset or a location. Operator log books link shift logs together into a log book. An operator log book facilitates the organization of shift logs. Personnel who are taking over from an earlier work shift can review the progression of events and be aware of the possible need for action.
- Ticket Templates application. Applying standardized templates to common and high-volume tickets saves time by letting the system populate values from the template into fields on the ticket. Clients can create and manage templates by using the Ticket Templates application. Clients can also add frequently used ticket templates to your Quick Insert portlet.
Maximo Nuclear is a robust enterprise asset management system that helps manage the lifecycle of assets of nuclear plants and fleets. It streamlines and automates key asset management processes while providing a single platform for managing all asset types. It also supports industry-specific requirements by modeling nuclear objects and business processes, including:
- Technical specifications
- Surveillance testing
- Corrective actions
Maximo Nuclear offers Extended Operational Management with major functionality added for complex capabilities required by nuclear power and other sophisticated power generation users.
Maximo Transportation provides enterprise asset management to improve the productivity of all types of transportation assets. Assets include fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives, rail vehicles, aircraft, vessels, and related linear assets. The software helps organizations meet regulatory requirements, extend asset life, optimize parts management, reduce road calls, and increase planned maintenance.
This industry-specific solution helps manage critical aspects of each assets lifecycle, while providing key capabilities such as automated alerts, campaigns, lifecycle accounting, fuel system integration, industry codes, motor pool capabilities, telematics integration, driver logs, warranty recovery, recent and repeat repair notification and mechanics clipboard. Maximo Transportation helps clients address the stringent requirements of regulatory bodies, while also adhering to industry-standard coding structures for industries such as trucking, rail, and aviation. Best practices are built into the solution to help extend asset life, optimize spare parts management, reduce road calls and incidents, and increase planned maintenance.
This is a robust solution for managing all transportation asset types, including fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives and rail vehicles, aircraft, and vessels, adding capabilities to Maximo Manage. It can be combined with Maximo Asset Configuration Manager to support maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft.
Maximo Transportation provides:
- Advanced asset management capabilities for equipment status, meter change out and history, meter import, position codes, serial number changes and warranty recovery
- Enhanced work management capabilities for campaigns, industry codes, labor certification, maintenance alerts, mechanics clipboard and outside repair orders
- Extended inventory management features for cycle counting and fuel tank management
Maximo Aviation provides robust lifecycle management and maintenance management capabilities for both rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Its focused tool set can help organizations that provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul services in the aviation market to improve the performance of their operations. With its advanced asset management functions, Maximo Aviation can help your organization improve asset life, reduce aircraft downtime, and lower the cost of ownership.
Maximo Aviation feature set includes:
- Enhanced data access control that provides more fine-grained access control to data
- Maintenance program management for equipment that enables equipment maintenance tasks to be defined as part of the operator maintenance program (OMP)
- Work package enhancements that enable users to define and manage the contents of a work package that is aligned to the operational processes of an organization
- Capability to allocate aircraft to flight schedules, validate the availability of the aircraft against planned maintenance, and import flight schedules from third-party applications
- Capability to define preflight checks and aircraft preparation in advance of the planned flights
- Capability to view the current role of an aircraft (for example, commercial) and to apply role changes based on predefined job cards
- Enhanced receiving and inspection process
- Integrated shipment and inventory usage processes
- Capability to provide a fixed price quote
- Support for customer tool rentals
- Support for calibration
Maximo Civil Infrastructure
Maximo Civil Infrastructure integrates current IBM asset lifecycle management capabilities to support operators in monitoring the condition of civil infrastructure, such as bridges, roads, and tunnels throughout the lifecycle of the infrastructure. It integrates inspection, anomaly tracking, and maintenance activities to help organizations improve asset life, keep critical systems up and running, and potentially lower total cost of ownership of civil infrastructure.
Maximo Civil Infrastructure provides the capability to:
- Track and manage assets, including components of a structure, such as cables, hangers, and decks as well as related assets, such as fans, dampers, and dehumidifiers
- Manage planned and unplanned work activities, ranging from routine maintenance to complex structure updates
- Perform and record the results of inspections on steel and concrete structures, roads, rails, and related equipment
- Track contractor work, purchase orders, and contracts
- Visualize planned work and anomalies in asset, linear, spatial, or schematic views, accounting for the differing user interactions based on the different structures
Maximo Civil Infrastructure provides infrastructure owners an accurate account of the history, condition, and planned activity related to assets on and in bridges, roads, tunnels, and railways. With Maximo Civil Infrastructure, organizations can more efficiently inspect structures and manage the anomalies identified during inspections as well as manage routine work on structures. In addition, it allows for the connection of sensors on structures to gain deeper insights into the infrastructure that they are managing.
Maximo Civil Infrastructure enhances core Maximo Manage functionality using the add-ons needed to perform the initial configuration of security groups to focus on the applications most relevant to the management of civil infrastructure. With Maximo Civil Infrastructure, organizations can begin the journey towards more automated and intelligent management of civil infrastructure.
Maximo Manage add-ons
Maximo Service Provider
This solution delivers a suite of applications that can help organizations manage customer agreements, service delivery, customer billing, and supplier contracts. Maximo Service Provider fully supports service as a business and feature extensive capabilities in service management for all asset classes. This Maximo solution is designed to meet the needs of clients who manage assets and services for customers, as a business, or clients who manage assets and services within an enterprise and bill internally for those services.
Maximo Service Provider provides:
- Enhanced visibility to price summaries within the customer estimate and customer bill
- Capability to enable pricing rules to be set on a group of work orders
- Feature that enables the price of billable work orders to be split or distributed between multiple customers
Maximo Health, Safety and Environment
Maximo Health, Safety and Environment can help transform business models by integrating work, asset management, and health and safety functions. This offering can help businesses improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, helps businesses meet its safety requirements and its regulatory and compliance standards.
Some key new or enhanced features and capabilities of Maximo Health, Safety and Environment:
- Incident management. Log safety observations; report hazards; create communications short cuts; identify persons impacted by incidents and external witnesses, record injured witnesses, and injury and illness details; attach related documents, capture risk and consequence and assess impact; identify and log multiple assets, locations, and configuration items.
- Investigations. Record a sequence of events with an investigation.
- Management of change. Document a prestart safety review within Maximo so that all relevant information to support a change is in one place.
- Operator log. Capture the details related to a production loss during log entry; add crossover domains for all users in order to define applicable field where the incident should be logged.
- Permit to work. Locate passing valves and identify isolation schemes.
- Chemical management. Distinguish chemical items and incorporate any chemical specific inventory management process.
- Operational risk assessment. Circulate risk assessments for multiple reviews and approval so that risks are thoroughly evaluated by multiple persons.
Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
This module is an add-on to Maximo Manage that helps organizations manage the configuration of high-value, complex, and regulated assets such as aircraft and rail vehicles. It provides near real-time calculation of an asset's configuration and the life of each component of the asset, enabling more accurate system and component analysis and reporting.
Maximo Asset Configuration Manager provides:
- Task card data importing enhancement that allows for an estimated due date (which is provided by an external system) to override the standard logic associated with a task card due date.
- Build Data Interpreter (BDI) capability to clearly indicate to the user that there is no BDI status associated with the record. A new icon with a textual indicator is automatically displayed based on the status of the record.
- Technical Records capability to help ensure that the BDI does not validate Technical Records to improve performance where validation is not required.
- Task card generation behavior enhancements to prompt an appropriate manual review of the Technical Record requirement when it is automatically generated by the system.
- Model application enhancement of the part number search capability to enable a user to easily identify the part numbers that apply to their respective build items.
- Work order enhancement to close or update a work order when a task card or job card is deleted or modified, so that the user is fully aware of any changes that are made and help maintain compliance.
Maximo Connector for SAP Applications
Maximo Connector for SAP Applications provides bidirectional, process-wide connectivity between Maximo based products and SAP ERP. The adapter simplifies and accelerates Maximo deployment in the enterprise and support ongoing real-time data exchange between Maximo and SAP. The adapter provides a library of predefined integrations supporting various business process integration scenarios for asset, work, material, procurement, human resources, and financials. Users can select the integrations that best suit their business scenarios to support their day-to-day operations. Predefined integrations can be extended, and new integrations can be added with its intuitive, easy-to-use development, configuration, and deployment environment.
Maximo Connector for SAP Applications helps reduce and manage the cost of initial and ongoing integration between IBM Maximo Manage based products and SAP ERP 6.0 and streamlines business processes spanning across Manage and SAP ERP 6.0 through automation and real-time data exchanges.
Maximo Connector for SAP Applications:
- Delivers support for integration to SAP
- Enables clients to integrate with SAP through a ready-to-use adapter with preconfigured integration points
- Delivers support for S/4HANA
Maximo Connector for Oracle Applications
Maximo Connector for Oracle Applications provides bidirectional, process-wide connectivity between Maximo Manage based products and Oracle E-Business Suite 12. The connector simplifies and accelerates Manage deployment in the enterprise and supports ongoing real-time data exchange between Manage and Oracle ERP systems. The connector provides a library of predefined integrations supporting various business process integration scenarios for asset, work, material, procurement, human resources, and financials. Users can select the integrations that best suit their business scenarios to support their day-to-day operations. Predefined integrations can be easily extended, and new integrations can be added with its intuitive, easy-to-use development, configuration, and deployment environment.
Maximo Connector for Oracle Applications helps reduce and manage the cost of initial and ongoing integration between Maximo Manage based products and Oracle E-Business Suite 12 and streamlines business processes spanning across Maximo and Oracle E-Business Suite 12 through automation and real-time data exchanges.
Maximo Mobile is designed to improve technician productivity and work engagement. With this offering, technicians can work with the right information at the right time in one single, intuitive application. Maximo Mobile is available in connected and disconnected mode and supports Maximo AI and specialist assistance through Maximo Assist and Technicians and Inspections through Maximo Manage. Maximo Mobile helps clients to gain improved results and productivity, with more satisfied and autonomous technicians.
Maximo Anywhere clients who want to continue to use any of its nine mobile applications, can enable this access through this add-on to Maximo Manage. When installed, the Maximo Anywhere applications co-exist with Maximo Mobile. Maximo Anywhere applications also enable OpenID Connect (OIDC) authentication to Maximo Application Suite and consumption of AppPoints.
Maximo Monitor is a solution that enables connectivity to devices and operational technology systems and allows for no-code application of analytics and AI-based anomaly detection, as well as easy building and configuring of custom dashboards. This solution empowers operations and maintenance teams to remotely monitor assets and optimize operational runtime. With these capabilities, teams can learn the root cause of the alerts and perform remedial action.
Maximo Monitor provides personnel with a visualization and anomaly detection for current and historical trending data through historians, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and Internet of Things (IoT) sensors. Its drill-down capabilities and hierarchical navigation, coupled with alerts and a prebuilt customizable dashboard, can increase operational visibility by aggregating and analyzing data from a broad range of sources.
Maximo Monitor enables scaling of operational insights across departments, facilities, and geographies by using a low-code/no-code interface with a modern and customizable dashboard. Clients can represent their business as a hierarchy of assets.
Through this set of capabilities, Maximo Monitor enables operations and maintenance leaders to obtain visibility of critical equipment and respond quickly to problems to reduce downtime. The configurable rules-based alerts, anomaly detection, and the capability to drill down into root cause provide teams with tools for intelligent intervention. Users can see SCADA alarms and alerts generated by Maximo Monitor in the same view to correlate them. These features also enables remote operations engineers to better understand historical trends and supply them with the capability to view historical data for forensic analysis of failure trends.
With Maximo Application Suite 8.7, users can represent their business as a hierarchy of assets. This enables the remote operations engineer to monitor performance at scale. With hierarchies, users can create a dashboard at different levels to aggregate data across different assets. Dashboards have access to all data items from lower levels, and only data items selected will display on a card. This makes it possible to plot different metrics of different assets on the same graph if the data are related. Hierarchy defined in Maximo Monitor will be shared when Maximo Manage is installed, and vice versa.
Additionally, Maximo Application Suite 8.7 enables users to:
- Create custom functions to calculate time in state for a device to know how long the device was in that state before it changed
- Set device alias to use for config and visualization of devices
- Ingest data directly into Maximo Monitor from OSI PI by using a code pattern
Maximo Health provides a first step in managing the performance of critical assets. By capturing information from the asset, itself, along with its age and maintenance history, organizations can quickly understand which assets are currently in poor health and need attention to prevent disruption. Maximo Health leverages ready-to-use common scoring elements and knowledge from equipment and maintenance engineers or maintenance professionals. Data sources include any information in the asset record such as maintenance and age, and operational data (such as SCADA, historians, MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT), Open Platform Communications (OPC), Open Systems Interconnection (OSI), enterprise asset management (EAM), geographic information system (GIS), and IoT).
Maximo Health provides the following business capabilities and offers extensible, platform capabilities for the creation of additional analytics and applications:
- Asset health scoring. Maximo Health provides the capability to select a group of assets that are scored similarly, and then select formulas from reusable scoring elements or define new scoring formulas by using any object in Maximo Manage or Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. It performs the scoring calculation based on any number of weighted contributors, which together provide a composite health score. This score is then mapped to a common set of ranges for all assets: for example, Good, Fair, Poor. Clients can also manage the risk associated with their functional locations in addition to their assets. They can define and visualize health scores of their locations and take action to reduce the risk associated with locations.
- Mapping historical and real-time data to assets. Maximo Health enables users to identify the source system of condition data, using IBM Maximo Monitor, data from manual inspections, or data from integrations using REST APIs.
- Asset health visualization. Maximo Health displays asset health through the use of a customizable list view. Assets can be filtered by type, by location, by organization, or by other custom criteria such as age or excessive maintenance cost. Data associated with the asset can be displayed and sorted as columns in the view. After an asset is selected for more detailed analysis, a summary of asset performance (along with health score details) and a robust asset timeline is shown. Development personnel can configure the UI by updating the application XML. Actions are available for the user to select in order to reduce risk. Assets can also be viewed in a map view along with their scores. Multiple layers can be shown based on Health, Criticality, and Risk scores. The map view also includes the capability to view linear assets and show assets in a cluster. Individual assets can be selected to investigate the full picture of the asset's performance.
- Replacement and refurbishment planning views for Maximo Health to enable users to see assets that require replacement or refurbishment. Users can add flags to assets during the normal investigation activities, and then leverage these flags later during the capital planning cycle along with other data to view assets in need of replacement or refurbishment. Users can take action to create plans that can be viewed and summarized along with associated capital and operational expenses.
- Criticality and Risk scores are extended to include ranges and weighted contributors, similar to Health scores. Health, Criticality, and Risk scores can be defined together under one group and assigned to a set of assets. Score dependencies are now supported to enable the Health, Criticality, or Risk score to be calculated based on the results of one or both other two scores. For example, the Risk score can be calculated based on the results of the Criticality and Health scores.
- If Maximo Manage is installed, IBM Maximo Health can share the same infrastructure and asset database, reducing footprint requirements and eliminating the need to duplicate and transfer data. Users of IBM Maximo Health can seamlessly navigate to Maximo Manage applications if they are authorized to do so.
Maximo Predict helps identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The solution enables organizations to apply machine learning and analytics to improve maintenance strategies. The cost of maintenance management can be minimized by automating the steps to predict failure based on readily available operational data.
- Quickly assess performance of critical assets to help plan and prioritize maintenance needs.
- Determine which assets are being over-maintained, under-maintained, or well-maintained and use prescriptive analysis to optimize maintenance practices.
- Identify operational factors that positively and negatively affect asset performance; use this information to guide maintenance strategy.
- Examine performance of assets, including attributes, risk factors, maintenance logs, and predicted time to failure; use detailed insight to prescribe maintenance strategies.
Maximo Predict includes the following capabilities:
- Predictive modeling. Maximo Predict includes five templates to assist the data scientist in building the most common predictive models: failure probability prediction, factors that contribute to failure, predicted failure date, anomaly detection, and asset lifecycle. The templates are delivered as Jupyter Notebooks and include hundreds of algorithms that optimize opportunities to match your data set and get the best outcome. Additionally, custom models can be registered and scored with Maximo Predict.
- Predictive model scoring. Models built from the Predict templates produce a rich output that can be automatically visualized in widgets on the product dashboard along with widgets from Maximo Health. Selected model scores can also be seen in the customizable list view, and summary as asset performance view, described in the Maximo Health section. Additionally, work queues help guide the user to address asset issues that are discovered through predictive model scores.
- Integration with Monitor and Health. The scoring of predictive models uses sensor readings that are collected in Maximo Monitor. Output from models that are built from the templates, as well as custom model output can be accessed through an API and can be incorporated into health formulas or built into a custom visualization.
Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities
Maximo Health and Predict - Utilities extends and enhances Maximo Health and Predict to offer capabilities needed by clients in the Utilities industry. These extensions include:
- Prebuilt data models for key asset classes such as transformers, switch gear, and circuit breakers.
- Customer Information Model (CIM) data model loader that leverages IBM AppConnect.
- Utilities industry scoring methodology for Health, Criticality, Risk, End of Life probability and Effective Age.
- Extension to scoring for python-based models that uses IBM Watson Studio notebooks.
- Capability to define locations as containers of multiple assets, and filter the assets by their container, or show those containers on a map. Examples of containers can be regions, circuits, or feeders.
Each asset class model is enriched with data loader scripts that can be leveraged to import asset data directly in Maximo Health. These scripts ingest various .csv files that can be used as data templates to guide utility IT organizations in generating the right data sets and formats for use with the Maximo Health and Predict - Utility industry solution.
Asset models can be used as starter models and modified in a Jupyter Notebook using IBM Watson Studio. The notebook scripts provide asset health models but also the orchestration of Health, Criticality, Effective Age, End of Life probability or Risk score calculations. Outputs are displayed in the Maximo Health and Maximo Predict user interface. It is also possible to link Maximo Health scoring methods to Jupyter Notebooks directly in the scoring method setup user interface.
Maximo Application Suite 8.7 adds the capability to optimize asset replacement projects but maintaining or improving risk within budget constraints.
Maximo Visual Inspection
Maximo Visual Inspection enables AI computer vision models to be built efficiently and easily while maintaining very high levels of accuracy. Subject matter experts are provided with the power of AI. Whether it is inspecting an asset or monitoring quality on a production line, clients can experience a return on investment.
Maximo Visual Inspection includes the following key features:
- Data ingest
- Drag-and-drop capability for moving images into data sets
- Common file format support for jpg, png, mp4, zip, and so on
- Data labeling
- Point-and-click data labeling with bounding box control or polygon control
- Data augmentation for creating larger data sets
- Auto labeling, to greatly reduce the manual effort and time
- Model training - supported model types
- Image classification
- Object detection
- Image segmentation
- Video action detection
- Inference/Deployment options
- Batch mode
- Near real-time at the edge (Maximo Visual Inspection Edge)
- Near real-time with iOS device using the smart camera capability (Maximo Visual Inspection Mobile)
- Enterprise IT operations engineer can replicate projects and groups to support scaling and migration scenarios
Maximo Application Suite 8.7 also brings the following enhancements to Maximo Visual Inspection:
- Technology preview of an object detection model for anomalies without labeling anomalous object.
- Support for YOLOv3 models for object detection on the current NVIDIA GPU architectures. Previously, these models consumed a full GPU when deployed. This enhancement enables multiple models to be deployed on a single GPU, increasing efficiency.
Maximo Visual Inspection Edge
Maximo Visual Inspection Edge is enhanced with a user interface, enabling domain experts (supervisors, operators, plant managers, reliability engineers) to quickly configure AI workflows that can analyze images and videos from fixed cameras (limited to IP cameras). Images can also be read from file systems local to the deployment. The application provides the capability to define rules-based alerts that can generate notifications on message brokers (using MQTT) or send text messages using Twilio. The notifications can also be customized to integrate with existing subsystems on manufacturing floors or processes in an enterprise.
Maximo Assist helps asset managers, maintenance managers, and equipment manufacturers obtain greater availability, reliability, and productivity from critical assets, and implement maintenance and repair procedures more effectively.
Powered by IBM's AI and machine learning technologies at its core, Maximo Assist helps improve field technician productivity by providing AI-powered guidance on appropriate recommendations, repair, and troubleshooting procedures and enabling technicians to collaborate with remote experts or peers for assistance by using real-time video and audio streaming and augmented reality (AR).
By implementing the correct maintenance procedures quickly, Maximo Assist helps organizations improve first time fix rates and reduce mean time to repair.
With Maximo Assist, companies can transform their field operations by leveraging the following capabilities:
- Launched from Maximo Mobile, a field technician can select and get connected to an experienced specialist by using the mobile app and explore the AR capabilities that are provided in the app to fix an issue.
- Technicians can access the power of AI, which searches through unstructured and structured data such as historical work, equipment manuals, engineering documentation, reliability processes, or custom databases to obtain recommended actions.
- Real-time availability of expert guidance facilitates higher first-time fix rates with reduced errors, helping clients adhere to their safety procedures and related regulatory requirements.
- The constant connection to easy instructions or an experienced technician can effectively reduce the high cost of training in the field.
- Because client processes and products are ever-evolving, Maximo Assist saves the collaboration sessions summary. This summary includes process steps associated with a fix and any chat conversations. The summary is attached to the work order for improved traceability of the recommendations provided and for AI searchability the next time a similar incident occurs. This enables Maximo Assist to help organizations retain their valuable specialist knowledge and improve knowledge management.
Maximo Safety collects and analyzes IoT data from devices, sensors, and wearables and provides contextual data for meaningful analytics in the workplace.
Maximo Safety uses data for wearable devices, devices in the environment and other data to help improve workplace safety, drive compliance with safety policies, and help clients implement these safety policies and protect workers from risks. IoT technology and the advanced analytics of Maximo Safety are used to enhance the human experience, enabling workers to automate and improve efforts to "Think, Inform, and Act" in the workplace. Maximo Safety is designed to help a client establish and understand a norm so that deviations from the norm can be detected to enable greater use of digital data and accelerate development of proactive and personalized safety programs.
- Maximo Safety offers support for creating, monitoring, and enforcing business-relevant analytic functions.
- The analytics dashboard provides a client with a robust view of risk that could potentially affect their employees. Site maps can be uploaded to put the location data in correct perspective. The dashboard provides analytics on hot spots where hazards are detected as well as a breakdown of types of hazards detected. Clients have the capability to adjust the parameters of a shield, determine which shields to use, and define any customer actions.
- REST APIs are used by Maximo Safety to enable users to know the associations that exist between devices, shields, and actions. By using the APIs, programmers can create new users, generate event data, create, and register new shields, and fetch event data.
- Maximo Safety provides functionality that can be rapidly integrated into various IoT devices in the market. Data is collected from different devices, normalized in a standard format, and then published for use by Maximo Safety, improving the various analytics and predictive or proactive protection.
- Maximo Safety provides built-in shields, as well as the capability to define and customize the analytical shields. Shields run in the Maximo Safety event action shield engine. The event action engine determines the actions to take based on the information that is specified in the shield. The different actions can be customized and adjusted based on the customer interaction models.
- A specialized mobile app is where employees and supervisors view and respond to the information that IBM Maximo Worker Insights sends from the sensors in their workplace. Using a mobile device, employees and employers authorize the service to connect to the sensor provider's device.
Digital Twin Exchange
Content providers can easily share industry-specific asset health scoring methods, AI-powered monitoring KPIs and alerting models, predictive failure models, prebuilt asset dashboards, and asset-related content such as bill of materials, spare parts lists, and job plans as digital twins. This provides a marketplace where asset owners and operators can then browse for, download, and utilize in the Maximo Application Suite to accelerate AI insights.
Back to top
IBM Maximo Application Suite is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Translation information, if available, can be found at the Translation Reports website.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5737-M66||8.7.0||IBM Maximo Application Suite|
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express website.
Back to top
English and national language product documentation can be accessed in IBM Documentation on the general availability date:
Back to top
IBM Systems Lab Services
Systems Lab Services offers infrastructure services to help build hybrid cloud and enterprise IT solutions. From servers to storage systems and software, Systems Lab Services can help deploy the building blocks of a next-generation IT infrastructure to empower a client's business. Systems Lab Services consultants can perform infrastructure services for clients online or onsite, offering deep technical expertise, valuable tools, and successful methodologies. Systems Lab Services is designed to help clients solve business challenges, gain new skills, and apply best practices.
Systems Lab Services offers a wide range of infrastructure services for IBM Power® servers, IBM Storage systems, IBM Z®, and IBM LinuxONE. Systems Lab Services has a global presence and can deploy experienced consultants online or onsite around the world.
For assistance, contact Systems Lab Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more, see the IBM Systems Lab Services website.
As transformation continues across every industry, businesses need a single partner to map their enterprise-wide business strategy and technology infrastructure. IBM Consulting is the business partner to help accelerate change across an organization. IBM specialists can help businesses succeed through finding collaborative ways of working that forge connections across people, technologies, and partner ecosystems. IBM Consulting brings together the business expertise and an ecosystem of technologies that help solve some of the biggest problems faced by organizations. With methods that get results faster, an integrated approach that is grounded in an open and flexible hybrid cloud architecture, and incorporating technology from IBM Research® and IBM Watson AI, IBM Consulting enables businesses to lead change with confidence and deliver continuous improvement across a business and its bottom line.
For additional information, see the IBM Consulting website.
IBM Technology Support Services (TSS)
Get preventive maintenance, onsite and remote support and gain actionable insights into critical business applications and IT systems. Speed developer innovation with support for over 240 open-source packages. Leverage powerful IBM analytics and AI-enabled tools to enable client teams to manage IT problems before they become emergencies.
TSS offers extensive IT maintenance and support services that cover more than one niche of a client's environment. TSS covers products from IBM and OEMs, including servers, storage, network, appliances, and software, to help clients ensure high availability across their data center and hybrid cloud environment.
For details on available services, see the Technology support for hybrid cloud environments website.
Improve your knowledge in hybrid cloud and AI solutions. TechU provides the most recent content so that you can learn, engage, and increase your skills with IBM Technology specialists.
A one-year, renewable digital TechU membership provides access to IBM Systems online education to help address your technical enablement needs for existing and new projects.
Submit questions or comments to email@example.com.
For additional details, see the IBM TechU website.
IBM Expert Labs
Expert Labs can help clients accelerate their projects and optimize value by leveraging their deep technical skills and knowledge. With more than 20 years of industry experience, these specialists know how to overcome the biggest challenges to deliver business results that can have an immediate impact.
Expert Labs' deep alignment with IBM product development allows for a strategic advantage as they are often the first in line to get access to new products, features, and early visibility into roadmaps. This connection with the development enables them to deliver First of a Kind implementations to address unique needs or expand a client's business with a flexible approach that works best for their organization.
For additional information, see the IBM Expert Labs website.
IBM Security® Expert Labs
With extensive consultative expertise on IBM Security software solutions, Security Expert Labs helps clients and partners modernize the security of their applications, data, and workforce. With an extensive portfolio of consulting and learning services, Expert Labs provides project-based and premier support service subscriptions.
These services can help clients deploy and integrate IBM Security software, extend their team resources, and help guide and accelerate successful hybrid cloud solutions, including critical strategies such as zero trust. Remote and on-premises software deployment assistance is available for IBM Cloud Pak for Security, IBM Security QRadar®/QRoC, IBM Security SOAR/Resilient®, IBM i2®, IBM Security Verify, IBM Security Guardium®, and IBM Security MaaS360®.
For more information, contact Security Expert Labs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, see the IBM Security Expert Labs website.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Hardware requirements for IBM Application Suite are available on the IBM Maximo Application Suite Compatibility Reports website.
For further assistance, contact your IBM representative.
Software requirements for IBM Application Suite are available on the IBM Maximo Application Suite Compatibility Reports website.
IBM Support is your gateway to technical support tools and resources that are designed to help you save time and simplify support. IBM Support can help you find answers to questions, download fixes, troubleshoot, submit and track problem cases, and build skills. Learn and stay informed about the transformation of IBM Support, including new tools, new processes, and new capabilities, by going to the IBM Support Insider.
Additional IBM support
IBM Client Engineering for Systems
Client Engineering for Systems is a framework for accelerating digital transformation. It helps you generate innovative ideas and equips you with the practices, technologies, and expertise to turn those ideas into business value in weeks. When you work with Client Engineering for Systems, you bring pain points into focus. You empower your team to take manageable risks, adopt leading technologies, speed up solution development, and measure the value of everything you do. Client Engineering for Systems has experts and services to address a broad array of use cases, including capabilities for business transformation, hybrid cloud, analytics and AI, infrastructure systems, security, and more. For more information, see the IBM Client Engineering for Systems website.
This offering is delivered as electronic download from Passport Advantage. There is no physical media.
Product download document instructions are available on the IBM Maximo Application Suite website.
Back to top
For ordering information, consult your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, or go to the Passport Advantage website.
This program is available only through Passport Advantage.
These products may only be sold directly by IBM or by IBM Business Partners.
To locate IBM Business Partners in your geography, see the Find a Business Partner page.
Previously announced part numbers
As a convenience, the following table lists all previously announced part numbers:
IBM Maximo Application Suite 8.7
|Part number description||Part number|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months||D28AYLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Annual SW Subscription & Support Renewal||E0R1HLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint SW Subscription & Support Reinstatement 12 Months||D28AZLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Monthly License||D28B2LL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Subscription Term License||D28B4LL|
Passport Advantage trade-up
You must have previously acquired a license for any of the following precursor products to be eligible to acquire an equivalent license of the trade-up product.
|Precursor product||Trade-up product||Trade-up part number|
|IBM Maximo Asset Management||IBM Maximo Application Suite||D29HYLL|
|IBM Maximo for Utilities|
|IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas|
|IBM Maximo Nuclear Power|
|IBM Maximo for Transportation|
|IBM Maximo for Aviation|
|IBM Maximo for Civil Infrastructure|
|IBM Maximo for Life Sciences|
|IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler|
|IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler Plus|
|IBM Maximo Linear Asset Manager|
|IBM Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers|
|IBM Maximo Asset Management for Internal Service Providers|
|IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager|
|IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager|
|IBM Maximo Calibration|
|IBM Maximo Spatial Asset Management|
|IBM Maximo Asset Health Insights|
|IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications|
|IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications|
|IBM Maximo Anywhere|
|IBM Maximo Visual Inspection Virtual Server|
Customers must have current active Software Subscription and Support in place for all of the licenses that will be given up by the use of the trade-up part. Those customers with lapsed support need to reinstate their S&S contracts to be eligible for trade-ups.
Consult your IBM representative if you have any questions.
The charge metrics for this licensed product can be found in the following License Information document:
|Program identifier||Program name||License Information document number|
|5737-M66||IBM Maximo Application Suite||L-KBAI-C9GRTX|
Select your language of choice and scroll down to the Charge Metrics section.
Back to top
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is available only through Passport Advantage.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance).
Licenses under the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. Two charges apply: a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
The following License Information document applies to the offering in this announcement:
|Program identifier||Program name||License Information document number|
|5737-M66||IBM Maximo Application Suite||L-KBAI-C9GRTX|
Follow-on releases, if any, may have updated terms. See the License Information documents website for more information.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information about known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Support Guide.
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Continuous delivery (CD) support
This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (by telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support also provides you with access to versions, releases, and updates (CD releases, Long Term Support Releases or fixes) of the program.
You will be notified, through an announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
Starting with this release, IBM Maximo Application Suite, is now released as a Continuous Delivery (CD) offering with regular update packages. Each update package incrementally delivers new capability and defect fixes. Certain update packages may be declared Long Term Support (LTS) packages. LTS releases receive only security and defect fixes through fix packs and individual fixes with no incremental functional enhancements.
- Defect fixes for a CD update may be requested if it is one of the most recent two CD updates.
- IBM may declare a specific CD update package as an LTS release, which is supported for a minimum of three years.
- If a CD update is no longer eligible for defect fixes, update to a package that is eligible, and if the defect can be recreated, a fix will be provided.
If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
IBM will investigate defects on any supported level. Defect fixes are provided for a CD release while it remains one of the two most recent CD releases. If a CD update is no longer eligible for defect fixes, update to a package that is eligible, and if the defect can be recreated a fix will be provided.
For additional information about the CD support lifecycle policy for Maximo Application Suite, see the IBM Continuous Delivery Support Lifecycle Policy website.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, information is available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support, also referred to as Software Maintenance, is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Support Guide. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
Unless specified otherwise in a written agreement with you, IBM does not provide support for third-party products that were not provided by IBM. Ensure that when contacting IBM for covered support, you follow problem determination and other instructions that IBM provides, including in the IBM Support Guide.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through intrusion prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a regulatory compliant, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
For all local charges, contact your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner.
If you are an IBM Business Partner acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBMid and password are required to access the IBM Passport Advantage or IBM PartnerWorld® website.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified clients to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all client segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or go to the IBM Global Financing website for more information.
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government clients. Rates are based on a client's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Argentina, Belize, Plurinational State of Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
IBM, Maximo, IBM Cloud, IBM Watson, IBM Cloud Pak, Passport Advantage, Power, IBM Z, PartnerWorld, IBM Research, IBM Security, QRadar, Resilient, i2, Guardium and MaaS360 are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Red Hat and OpenShift are registered trademarks of Red Hat Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or go to the IBM worldwide contacts page