IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 adds support for report distribution, provides APIs for adding document programmatically through an organization's applications, and improves usabilityIBM United States Software Announcement 216-216
April 12, 2016
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 enhancements:
Automated report distribution using IBM Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility (ODF)
Ability to add documents using IBM Content Navigator
Simplified management of Content Manager OnDemand for i environment
Includes XML support
Includes updates for IBM OS/400® indexer
Back to top
Content Manager OnDemand for i is optimized for efficiently storing and managing large volumes of static content, which are typically generated by enterprise applications as print streams. Examples of such high volume static content are customer correspondence, such as credit card statements, utility bills, policies, explanation of benefits, trade confirms, and check images. Other examples include enterprise reports generated to conduct business activity or to communicate business performance.
IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 key enhancements:
- Report distribution: New Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility (ODF) option provides a simple method for distributing reports to users as well as a method of notifying users when reports or individual documents are ready for them.
- Document loading through IBM Content Manager OnDemand Web Enablement Kit (ODWEK): New ODWEK Java APIs are included that programmatically load documents into Content Manager OnDemand for i.
- XML support: XML support enables report data or transactional information in XML format to be stored natively as XML data. The XML indexer is provided to index and load XML data into Content Manager OnDemand for i.
- Enhancements to IBM OS/400 indexer: The OS/400 indexer now supports regular expressions to locate triggers and fields, column ranges for locating triggers, and a new BREAKYES parameter. A regular expression is a pattern that is used to match characters in a string in order to locate triggers and fields in the data. BREAKYES is used when multiple break conditions exist.
- New commands to query, retrieve, and print archived documents: Three new commands with user-friendly interfaces to the QUERY, GET, and PRINT functions of the ARSDOC API are now available.
- New option is provided to run storage management process in a limited period of time.
- New option is provided to run Archived Storage Management even if Disk Storage Management does not complete successfully.
- Quick and easy start of a Content Manager OnDemand for i instance: A new Start current instance button is added to IBM Content Navigator for i component.
- Increased flexibility for output queue and directory monitors:
The following enhancements are now available for monitors:
- A Check interval parameter is included that specifies time interval for Directory Monitor to wait before checking the monitored directory again for existence of a file to process.
- Universal monitor exit is added that calls a single program for all input files, and the program determines what to do based on the parameters passed to the program.
- New program to delete a Content Manager OnDemand for i instance: A new program, called QRLCDLTINS, is now available, which simplifies and automates the process of deleting a Content Manager OnDemand for i instance.
- Add documents using Content Navigator: Users can now add documents using Content Navigator. This is in addition to adding documents with traditional batch processing methods already available with Content Manager OnDemand for i.
Back to top
- Qshell V7.3 (5770-SS1 option 30).
- Portable Application Solutions Environment (PASE) V7.3 (5770-SS1 option 33).
- IBM i Access V7.3 (5770-XW1).
- IBM Developer Kit for Java V7.3 (5770-JV1).
- Content Navigator V18.104.22.168, available with IBM Content Manager OnDemand for Multiplatforms V9.5; is required for adding documents using Content Navigator.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
April 15, 2016
Back to top
Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 provides several benefits.
- Helps eliminate costly, high volume print output: By directly capturing print output streams for customer correspondence, for example, credit card statements, enterprise reports, policies, and trade confirmations, and converting them into digital form that is easily searchable and accessible from web browsers, smart phones, and tablets, organizations can potentially control costs associated with paper storage, printing documents, mailing, and maintaining staff and office space for managing these functions.
- Helps increase customer satisfaction and retention: Content Manager OnDemand for i includes Content Manager OnDemand Web Enablement Kit (ODWEK) with Java APIs that can be used to integrate enterprise customer-facing portals or web applications with Content Manager OnDemand for i to enable customer self-service solutions, such as eStatement Presentment. This allows customers to access their statements and other information at any time.
- Helps improve call center responsiveness: Content Manager OnDemand for i includes entitlement to Content Manager OnDemand for Multiplatforms, which includes Content Navigator, a nonchargeable component. Content Navigator helps users within the enterprise, such as call center representatives, to rapidly search and retrieve relevant customer information through mobile devices or through a web browser, thereby, potentially improving responsiveness and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Helps enhance compliance and efficiency: With optional, separately licensed Content Manager OnDemand for i features for Records Management and Enhanced Retention Management, you are able to manage the lifecycle of various types of documents that need to be retained for compliance with regulatory requirements. You can categorize checks, reports, statements, and invoices as records and manage them efficiently from within IBM Enterprise Records software. This leads to several potential benefits, such as reduced risk exposure, lower discovery and litigation costs, and lower records administration costs.
- Enhanced Retention Management, an optional feature, lets you manage the lifecycle of various types of documents that are not necessarily needed for compliance with regulatory requirements but nevertheless have business value and need to be retained for a definite period. Enhanced Retention Management provides a simplified mechanism to control the lifecycle of the content and the ability to lock down an individual document within a report to prevent expiration at a document level.
- Helps improve business agility and decision making: Every enterprise needs business reports to conduct its operations and to track business performance. Providing timely reports about business operations and business performance to business stakeholders is critical for business agility. Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility (ODF), a new optional feature of Content Manager OnDemand for i V 7.3, provides automated report distribution capability using reports in Content Manager OnDemand for i. Reports can be distributed to various users by email or by print on a scheduled basis. A graphical interface is included for monitoring, for example, report distribution tasks, creating report bundles, and checking system statistics.
- Improved usability: Content Navigator, included with Content
Manager OnDemand for i, can be used to enable users to access, manage,
and work with enterprise content directly from web browsers and Apple
iOS mobile devices. With just a few clicks, users can retrieve reports,
statements, check images, and other documents. Well suited for both
local and remote users, this intuitive application offers many Content
Manager OnDemand for i features:
- Customizable interfaces (skins)
- Search across multiple repositories, including Content Manager OnDemand, Content Manager, IBM Content Foundation, IBM FileNet® Content Manager, and third-party content repositories supporting Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) interface
- Multiple document window views from a single viewer framework
- Browse, search, and retrieve functions for portal environments
- Ability to print search results from server
- Ability to send documents residing in Content Manager OnDemand for i as a link or as a PDF attachment to an email
- Ability to add documents (requires Content Navigator V22.214.171.124)
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A US Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be found on the IBM Accessibility website.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5770-RD1||7.3.0||IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i|
Back to top
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers can be found on IBM authorized training website.
Call IBM training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules, and enrollments.
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express® website.
Back to top
No publications are shipped with this product.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, go to the IBM Software Services website.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
The exact configuration you need to support your environment with satisfactory response time will vary, depending on the size of the objects you are working with and other factors. Individual display response times vary depending on workstation speed, memory, size of objects, and network and server workload.
The most current and complete information on hardware requirements for Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 can be found on the Software Product Compatibility Reports website.
Software requirements for Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 can be found on the Software Product Compatibility Reports website.
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a readme file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
Additional information can be found on the License Information documents found on the IBM Software License Agreement website.
This offering is delivered through the Internet. There is no physical media.
This program, when downloaded from a website, contains the applicable IBM license agreement and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
Direct customer support
Direct customer support is provided by IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel. This fee service enhances your productivity by providing voice and electronic access into the IBM support organization. IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel helps answer questions pertaining to usage and suspected software defects for eligible products. Installation and technical support is provided by Global Services. For more information call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
For technical support or assistance, contact your IBM representative or go to the IBM Support Portal website.
Back to top
This product is only available through Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
These products may only be sold directly by IBM or by authorized IBM Business Partners for Software Value Plus.
More information can be found on the IBM Software Value Plus website.
To locate IBM Business Partners for Software Value Plus in your geography for a specific Software Value Plus portfolio, go to the Find a Business Partner page.
Product group: Enterprise Content Management
Product: IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3
Product category: Content Manager OnDemand
|Program name/Description||Part number|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility for i Processor Value Unit (PVU) License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months||D1MEILL|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility for i Processor Value Unit (PVU) SW Subscription & Support Reinstatement 12 Months||D1MEJLL|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility for i Processor Value Unit (PVU) License + SW Subscription & Support Renewal 12 Months||E0MKGLL|
Customers with active maintenance or subscription for the products listed are entitled to receive the corresponding media pack.
|Media packs description||Part number|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3 Multiplatform Multilingual Media Pack||BF06IML|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand PDF Indexer for i V7.3 Multilingual Media Pack||BF06JML|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand Enhanced Retention Manager for i V7.3 Multilingual Media Pack||BF06LML|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand Distribution Facility for i V7.3 Multilingual Media Pack||BF06MML|
|Program name||Part number or PID number||Charge metric|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3||5770-RD1||Authorized User Value Unit|
|IBM Content Manager OnDemand for i V7.3||5770-RD1||Processor Value Unit|
UVU is a unit of measure by which the program can be licensed. UVU Proofs of Entitlement (PoEs) are based on the number and type of users for the given program. Licensee must obtain sufficient entitlements for the number of UVUs required for licensee's environment as specified in the program specific table. The UVU entitlements are specific to the program and type of user and may not be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with UVU entitlements of another program or type of user. Refer to the program specific UVU table.
PVU is a unit of measure by which the program can be licensed. The number of PVU entitlements required is based on the processor technology (defined within the PVU table by processor value, brand, type, and model number at the website below) and the number of processors made available to the program. IBM continues to define a processor, for the purpose of PVU-based licensing, to be each processor core on a chip (socket). A dual-core processor chip, for example, has two processor cores. The PVU table can be found on the PVU licensing for Distributed Software page. Licensee can deploy the program using either full capacity licensing or virtualization capacity (sub-capacity) licensing according to the Passport Advantage Sub-Capacity Licensing Terms found on the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules page. If using full capacity licensing, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores* in the physical hardware environment made available to or managed by the program, except for those servers from which the program has been permanently removed. If using virtualization capacity licensing, licensee must obtain entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores made available to or managed by the program, as defined according to the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules that can be found on the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules page.
* An activated processor core is a processor core that is available for use in a physical or virtual server, regardless of whether the capacity of the processor core can be or is limited through virtualization technologies, operating system commands, BIOS settings, or similar restrictions.
- Some programs may require licenses for the program and what is being managed. In that case, the following applies. In addition to the entitlements required for the program directly, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- Some programs may be licensed on a managed basis only. In that case, the following applies. Instead of the entitlements required for the program directly, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- A few programs on an exception basis may be licensed on a referenced basis. In that case, the following applies. Rather than obtaining entitlements for the activated processor cores available to the program, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the environment made available to the referenced program as if the program itself were executing everywhere the referenced program was executing, independent of the basis on which the referenced program is licensed.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available through Passport Advantage.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
See the License Information documents page on the IBM Software License Agreement website for more information.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Software Support Handbook.
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Technical support of a program product version or release will be available for a minimum of five years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is in effect.
This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (by telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) also provides you with access to updates (modifications or fixes), releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, through an announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, information is available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Yes. See the License Information documents page on the IBM Software License Agreement website for more information.
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Software Support Handbook. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel
System i Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a lawful, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required to access the https://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paoreseller website.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner for Software Value Plus. Additional information is also available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or go to the IBM Global Financing website for more information.
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing from IBM Global Financing helps you preserve cash and credit lines, enables more technology acquisition within current budget limits, permits accelerated implementation of economically attractive new technologies, offers payment and term flexibility, and can help match project costs to projected benefits. Financing is available worldwide for credit-qualified customers.
Back to top
To order, contact your Americas Call Centers, local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner. To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255)
Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329)
For IBM representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
For IBM Business Partner: email@example.com
- IBM Teleweb Customer Support
- ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North
- 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4
- Markham, Ontario
- Canada L3R 2Z1
- Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
These products are available under IBM Software Value Plus, either directly from IBM or through authorized Business Partners who invest in skills and high-value solutions. IBM customers may benefit from the industry-specific or horizontal solutions, skills, and expertise provided by these Business Partners.
Additions to Software Value Plus will be communicated through standard product announcements. For a current list of IBM software available under Software Value Plus, go to the IBM Software Value Plus website.
For questions regarding Software Value Plus, go to the IBM Software Value Plus website.
IBM, OS/400, Passport Advantage, System i, Express, FileNet and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Oracle and Java are trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page