IBM API Connect V5.0 delivers digital business innovation and transformation with APIs and MicroservicesIBM United States Software Announcement 216-019
February 16, 2016
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® API Connect V5.0 delivers the following key capabilities for users to:
- Create Microservices and expose them as APIs in minutes.
- Run polyglot runtimes, such as Node.js and Java, to create the Microservices by using unified Java and Node operations and management.
- Manage, deploy, scale, and socialize APIs.
- Secure, control, mediate, and optimize access to your APIs by using leading, standard industry practices.
API Connect integrates IBM API Management and IBM StrongLoop® offerings into a single offering that provides a comprehensive solution to create, run, manage, and enforce APIs and Microservices.
API Connect is available with flexible ordering options with three editions, including:
- Essentials. A no-charge offering for developers and businesses to provide the essential functionality to create, run, manage and enforce the consumption of APIs and Microservices. It does not include IBM support.
- Professional. This offering is for departmental use. It provides the functions available with the Essentials edition and adds the capabilities to cluster a limited number of nodes within a single datacenter.
- Enterprise. This offering is for enterprises and includes a comprehensive set of enterprise-grade capabilities. It provides the functions available with the Professional edition and adds a robust set of additional capabilities. It also delivers support for the clustering of a large number of nodes within a single datacenter and also across multiple datacenters.
Both the Professional and Enterprise editions include support from IBM.
API Connect can help users to:
- Rapidly create Microservices and expose them as APIs.
- Quickly create new APIs from existing business assets or cloud services.
- Run and manage polyglot runtimes.
- Manage your APIs with business-level controls by setting varying levels of security, visibility, and rate limits while sharing APIs with application developers.
- Transform and grow your business with insights through detailed analytics with structured filtered searches.
For ordering, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers at: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255). Reference: YE001
Back to top
To drive new sources of revenue, acquire more clients or partners, share data, and grow their business, organizations of all sizes and types transform themselves to offer their services in a digital form. Digital transformation results in the emergence of new businesses and new business models that force entire industries to revolutionize. This is all powered by the use of APIs, a digital persona of a business service that exposes data to another party.
In addition to sharing business information externally with partners and clients, organizations can create digital services for their own internal use. This gives them an omni-channel view of their business information, as they provide the same services and data across all their channels including mobile, web, cloud and digital. This approach also allows organizations to move at varying speeds.
While the shift to digital and the rise of the API economy created numerous business opportunities, additional challenges were created as business models shifted and APIs not only become a mechanism for integration, but also become a new source of revenue. Enterprises are required to seamlessly connect their public and private infrastructure, applications, data, and operations capabilities to become agile businesses to survive in the new economy. To be successful, organizations need ways of securing, monitoring, and managing these services, while providing a self-service experience to another party.
The evolution of the digital business requires no limitation to exposing critical business assets, and must address several challenges that include:
- Agility. Developers, line of business, and digital teams require the agility to create the new systems of engagement applications that are based on Microservices, while connecting with backend system of records and third-party services, and serve omni-channel consumers.
- Flexibility. Across public cloud, private cloud, and local cloud, a digital business requires a flexible, open approach to achieve seamless access to critical data, applications, and business processes.
- Developer usability. An important demand of developers is easy access to digital assets for internal or external consumption that is secure, well documented, and simple.
- Gateway accessibility. In a secure and controlled way, API gateway solutions need to address the challenge of exposing critical business assets.
- Security. Enterprise-grade security standards and procedures must be consistent across all private and public cloud options.
- Manageability. Developers, business users, and operations staff require insights into performance, stability, and effectiveness through a single dashboard.
In September, 2015, IBM acquired StrongLoop, Inc, a leading provider of popular application development software that is known as enterprise Node.js. Software that is provided by StrongLoop, enables application developers to build applications that use APIs. With this acquisition, IBM API Management and IBM StrongLoop offerings are integrated into a single, more complete solution that is known as API Connect.
With API Connect, IBM can help businesses accelerate their digital transformation to provide secure services across on-premise, on cloud, and dedicated clouds. API Connect empowers API developers and businesses to rapidly design APIs with enterprise-grade, security policies and share APIs across organizational boundaries and environments, while providing deep insight into API usage.
API Connect key benefits
API Connect is a complete solution that offers critical features that include the ability to:
- Create APIs and build Microservices:
- Utilize StrongLoop capabilities to allow the creation of Microservices and APIs rapidly by using Node.js LoopBack® and Express® frameworks.
- Deliver a model-driven approach to API creation.
- Map models to backends by using available connectors.
- Discover models from database.
- Build, debug, profile, scale, and monitor Node.js applications.
- Engage with application developers through API portals that provide:
- API exploration
- Self-service sign up for rapid onboarding
- Interactive API testing
- Application and key management
- Rate limit notification
- API usage analytics
- Define, publish, and analyze REST and SOAP APIs with:
- API discovery
- API security management
- API lifecycle management
- Establish API rate limits; publish to the developer portal and users; gain business insight through API analytics; and provide the capability to charge back developers for API usage.
- Manage the multi-tenant API environment to administer and scale system resources and monitor runtime health.
- Provide runtime policy enforcement by using a built-in gateway.
- Integrate all API Connect editions with IBM DataPower® Gateway with a minimum firmware level of Version 7.5. This enables DataPower to act as the API Gateway to provide API security, traffic management, mediation, and optimization capabilities in a secure, highly consumable physical or virtual appliance.
Back to top
API Connect requires a supported:
- Web browser
- Hosting environment
For specific requirements, refer to the Technical information section.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
March 15, 2016
Back to top
IBM helps businesses accelerate their digital transformation with API Connect by enabling them to provide secure services across on-premise, on cloud, and dedicated clouds. API Connect empowers API developers to rapidly design APIs with enterprise-grade, security policies and share APIs across organizational boundaries, while providing deep insight into API usage.
API Connect V5.0 delivers these new capabilities:
- An API developer can create new APIs that are based on the loop
- Create APIs.
- Build, debug, scale, and monitor Node runtime.
- An API developer can iteratively design APIs by using the enhanced
API assembly and utilize the new, built-in policies with a new toolkit.
- Use a toolkit rapidly and iteratively to design and develop APIs by using Swagger and Yet Another Markup Language (YAML) languages.
- Customize email content for newly invited users.
- An API business user can group multiple APIs and API plans into
a single package to market APIs to other organizations.
- Group multiple APIs and API plans into a higher-level business asset called Product to allow API socialization with business partners and customers.
- An application developer can use an enhanced developer portal
to find content and collaborate with the community.
- Participate in private discussion forums with enhanced access control.
- Use enhanced search to find content that is included in Web Services Description Languages (WSDLs), in addition to previously available REST API information.
- Use Type-ahead-search function with automatic suggestions to find portal content quickly.
- An IT administrator can automate API deployments across environments.
- Automate deployment of APIs across environments and lifecycle stages.
- Enable enhanced auditing of security administration tasks.
Multiple editions of API Connect
API Connect is packaged with three editions to allow clients to progress along the journey of building API s and to empower Digital businesses. Each edition offers different capabilities as well as different limits on the number of API calls per month. These editions include:
- Essentials. A no-charge offering for developers and businesses to provide the essential functionality to create, run, manage, and enforce the consumption of APIs and Microservices. It does not include IBM support.
- Professional. This offering is for departmental use and single
projects functionality and includes IBM support. It provides the functions
available with Essentials and delivers additional capabilities within
a single datacenter. It allows departments and single projects to
begin their business transformation and innovation journey through
APIs and Microservices. This offering is available and can be purchased
- Perpetual license, which is based on Processor Value Units (PVUs), and includes Subscription and Support (S&S) for 12 months with an unlimited number of API calls per month.
- Monthly subscription that allows up to five million API calls per month and is designed for purchasing based on the need for limiting the number of API calls per month. An additional number of API calls can be purchased in blocks of 100K APIs call per month.
- Enterprise. This offering is for enterprises and includes comprehensive
set of enterprise-grade capabilities to create, run, manage, and enforce
consumption of APIs and Microservices. It provides the functions that
are available with the Professional edition and adds a robust set
of additional capabilities. It includes support for the clustering
of a large number of nodes within a single datacenter and also across
multiple datacenters. This offering is available and can be purchased
- Perpetual license, which is based on PVUs, and includes Subscription and Support (S&S) for 12 months with an unlimited number of API calls per month.
- Monthly subscription that allows up to 25 million API calls per month and is designed for purchasing that is based on the need for limiting the number of API calls per month. An additional number of API calls can be purchased in blocks of 100K APIs call per month.
Note: Each edition comes pre-entitled with a fixed quantity of Microservices application compute. Entitlement to additional PVUs for Microservices application compute for Node.js can be purchased by ordering the part numbers for IBM API Connect Create for Node.js.
Integrated user experience across IBM Middleware portfolio with API Connect
An integration developer can easily share enterprise APIs with application developer communities with security and rate limit controls. An integration developer can push a REST API directly into API Connect by using IBM Integration Bus V10.0.0.2. Additional information can be found on the Integration Bus website by clicking on IBM Integration Bus - Fix Pack 10.0.0.2 or in the What's new section in IBM Integration Bus Knowledge Center.
Back to top
|Statement of general direction|
IBM intends to provide a hybrid cloud subscription for API Connect to enable clients to use on-premises and off-premises.
IBM intends to deliver IBM API Connect on IBM Bluemix® as a public, dedicated, and local offering.
IBM's statements regarding its plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice at IBM's sole discretion. Information regarding potential future products is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The information mentioned regarding potential future products is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. Information about potential future products may not be incorporated into any contract. The development, release, and timing of any future features or functionality described for our products remain at our sole discretion.
Back to top
For information on the IBM acquisition of StrongLoop, Inc, refer to the IBM News room.
For information on DataPower Gateway V7.5, refer to Software Announcement 216-024, dated February 16, 2016.
For information on IBM WebSphere® DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 and WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62, refer to Hardware Announcement 111-069, dated April 5, 2011.
For information on WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45, refer to Hardware Announcement 111-153, dated October 4, 2011.
For information on WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 and WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Editions, refer to Software Announcement 212-468, dated October 23, 2012.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5725-Z22||5.0.0||IBM API Connect|
Back to top
Education is a key component to ensuring software success. IBM creates a comprehensive portfolio of education material to help clients successfully deploy IBM software products to their maximum potential. The IBM education team is committed to providing the highest quality education content available to help your organization prosper in today's competitive marketplace.
The IBM education team works closely with IBM product developers and IBM services organizations to ensure that the courses we offer provide the most current technical and product information. Our courses place an emphasis on the advanced knowledge and insight that only these sources can provide. We draw from a deep pool of IBM technical experience in the development of our courses, and pass that knowledge on to our students. Our courses emphasize hands on labs to develop comprehensive skills in using the product to solve business problems. The education offerings from IBM Training span the spectrum of skill needs, from introductory product overviews to advanced programming and product administration courses.
The delivery of IBM education is provided by IBM Global Training Partners.
For more information about available education offerings, refer to the IBM Training website.
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express website.
Back to top
On March 15, 2016, documentation can be found in API Connect Knowledge Center.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, go to the IBM Software Services website.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
All API Connect editions integrate with DataPower Gateway appliances with a minimum firmware level of Version 7.5 to act as the API gateway. These DataPower appliances can be either physical or virtual appliances and can be any of the following:
- DataPower Gateway
- DataPower Gateway Virtual Edition
- WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52
- WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62
- WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 Virtual Edition
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Edition
The DataPower Gateway Application Optimization module is required and included for use with API Connect.
Refer to the IBM Support Portal for the most current hardware requirements for API Connect V5.0.
Type "API Connect" in the "Full or partial product name" box, then select "V5.0.x" in the "Version" box.
API Connect requires these minimum levels:
- One of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer V11
- Mozilla Firefox 38
- Google Chrome 45
- Safari 9.0
- One of the following hosting environments:
- VMWare ESXi 6.0
- VMWare Workstation 11.0
- Citrix XenServer 6.5
- For SOAP Service discovery, WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V7.0, and later, is required.
- Use of the API toolkit requires the following software installed
on your workstation:
- One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, or later
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, or later
- SUSE Enterprise Linux Server (SLES) 12, or later
- Ubuntu LTS 14.04, or later
- OS X 10.10, or later
- node.js at a minimum version of v0.12.0
Refer to the Node.js Foundation website for more information.
- One of the following operating systems:
For the most current software requirements, refer to the IBM Support Portal. Type "API Connect" in the "Full or partial product name" box, then select "V5.0.x" in the "Version" box.
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a readme file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
- API Connect is only distributed through electronic download.
- License Information documents
- L-CLIG-A79STF: IBM API Connect Professional Edition V5.0
- L-CLIG-A6SRK6: IBM API Connect Enterprise Edition V5.0
Back to top
This product is only available through Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
These products may only be sold directly by IBM or by authorized IBM Business Partners for Software Value Plus.
More information can be found on the IBM Software Value Plus website.
To locate IBM Business Partners for Software Value Plus in your geography for a specific Software Value Plus portfolio, go to the Find a Business Partner page.
Product Group: Systems Middleware
Product: API Connect (5725-Z22)
Product Category: WebSphere
|Program name/Description||Part number|
|API Connect Professional Edition|
|IBM API Connect Professional PVU License and SW S&S 12 Months||D1LPHLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MISLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional PVU Software S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LPILL|
|IBM API Connect Professional 5 Million Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLDLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional Additional Calls 100 Thousand Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLLLL|
|API Connect Enterprise Edition|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise PVU License + SW S&S 12 Months||D1LLSLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MIHLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise PVU SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LLTLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise 25 Million Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLWLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise Additional Calls 100 Thousand Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LM8LL|
|API Connect Create for Node.js|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js PVU License + SW S&S 12 Months||D1LMALL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MINLL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js PVU SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LMBLL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js PVU Monthly License||D1LMELL|
The API Connect Essentials Edition is available at no-charge. Contact your local IBM representative for details on how to acquire the Essentials Edition.
Note: All API Connect V5.0 editions integrate with DataPower Gateway appliances (physical or virtual) as the API gateway, which provides API security, traffic management, mediation, and optimization capabilities.
Order the part numbers that follow when the product is used for either the development of code that will be deployed on z Systems servers or when the product will be communicating or transferring data between a distributed server and a z Systems server. Otherwise order from the other set of part numbers in this announcement. This set of part numbers provides the identical supply and authorization as the other set in this announcement.
|Program name/Description||Part number|
|API Connect Professional Edition|
|IBM API Connect Professional for z Systems PVU License and SW S&S 12 Months||D1LPJLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional for z Systems PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MITLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional for z Systems PVU Software S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LPKLL|
|IBM API Connect Professional for z Systems 5 Million Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLELL|
|IBM API Connect Professional for z Systems Additional Calls 100 Thousand Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLMLL|
|API Connect Enterprise Edition|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise for z Systems PVU License + SW S&S 12 Months||D1LLULL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise for z Systems PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MIILL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise for z Systems PVU SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LLVLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise for z Systems 25 Million Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LLXLL|
|IBM API Connect Enterprise for z Systems Additional Calls 100 Thousand Monthly API Calls Monthly License||D1LM9LL|
|API Connect Create for Node.js|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js for z Systems PVU License + SW S&S 12 Months||D1LMCLL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js for z Systems PVU Annual SW S&S Renewal||E0MIPLL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js for z Systems PVU SW S&S Reinstatement 12 Months||D1LMDLL|
|IBM API Connect Create for Node.js for z Systems PVU Monthly License||D1LMFLL|
Note: All API Connect V5.0 editions integrate with IBM DataPower Gateway appliances (physical or virtual) as the API gateway, which provides API security, traffic management, mediation, and optimization capabilities.
API Connect (Passport Advantage)
|Program/service name||Program number||Charge unit description|
|IBM API Connect||5725-Z22||Per Processor Value Unit (PVU)|
|Per Monthly API Call|
PVU is a unit of measure by which the program can be licensed. The number of PVU entitlements required is based on the processor technology (defined within the PVU table by processor value, brand, type, and model number at the website below) and the number of processors made available to the program. IBM continues to define a processor, for the purpose of PVU-based licensing, to be each processor core on a chip (socket). A dual-core processor chip, for example, has two processor cores. The PVU table can be found on the PVU licensing for Distributed Software page. Licensee can deploy the program using either full capacity licensing or virtualization capacity (sub-capacity) licensing according to the Passport Advantage Sub-Capacity Licensing Terms found on the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules page. If using full capacity licensing, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores* in the physical hardware environment made available to or managed by the program, except for those servers from which the program has been permanently removed. If using virtualization capacity licensing, licensee must obtain entitlements sufficient to cover all activated processor cores made available to or managed by the program, as defined according to the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules that can be found on the Virtualization Capacity License Counting Rules page.
* An activated processor core is a processor core that is available for use in a physical or virtual server, regardless of whether the capacity of the processor core can be or is limited through virtualization technologies, operating system commands, BIOS settings, or similar restrictions.
- Some programs may require licenses for the program and what is being managed. In that case, the following applies. In addition to the entitlements required for the program directly, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- Some programs may be licensed on a managed basis only. In that case, the following applies. Instead of the entitlements required for the program directly, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the processor cores managed by the program.
- A few programs on an exception basis may be licensed on a referenced basis. In that case, the following applies. Rather than obtaining entitlements for the activated processor cores available to the program, licensee must obtain PVU entitlements for this program sufficient to cover the environment made available to the referenced program as if the program itself were executing everywhere the referenced program was executing, independent of the basis on which the referenced program is licensed.
Monthly API Call is a unit of measure by which the Program can be licensed. An API Call is the invocation of the Program via a programmable interface. Sufficient entitlements must be obtained to cover the maximum number of API Calls in any calendar month.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available through Passport Advantage.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
|License ID||Document name|
|L-CLIG-A79STF||IBM API Connect Professional Edition V5.0|
|L-CLIG-A6SRK6||IBM API Connect Enterprise Edition V5.0|
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement website.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Software Support Handbook.
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Technical support of a program product version or release will be available for a minimum of the time period defined by it's lifecycle policy, as long as your Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is in effect.
This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (by telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) also provides you with access to updates (modifications or fixes), releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, through an announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
Support lifecycle policy updates for API Connect V5.0
A Maintenance Support Release is a recommended product level for which support, including defect and security updates, will be provided over a specified period of time. A Maintenance Support Release is intended for customers that may need a longer term deployment for their environment. Details of the Maintenance Support Release, including the minimum period of time for which support will be provided, will be made available in advance of its release date.
New functionality, security updates and defect fixes will be made available through modification releases. Additional support will be made available, as necessary, through iFixes on only the most recent modification release and on Maintenance Support Releases. IBM's expectation is that customers will upgrade to either the latest modification release or Maintenance Support Release in order to receive on-going security updates and defect fixes.
IBM API Connect V5.0 is a Maintenance Support Release and provides predictable support through regular, cumulative, in-place iFixes for a minimum period of two years from the general availability date.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, information is available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
For additional information, refer to the License Information document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement website.
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Software Support Handbook. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel
System i Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a lawful, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBM ID and password are required to access the https://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paoreseller website.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner for Software Value Plus. Additional information is also available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or go to the IBM Global Financing website for more information.
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing from IBM Global Financing helps you preserve cash and credit lines, enables more technology acquisition within current budget limits, permits accelerated implementation of economically attractive new technologies, offers payment and term flexibility, and can help match project costs to projected benefits. Financing is available worldwide for credit-qualified customers.
Back to top
To order, contact your Americas Call Centers, local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner. To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255)
Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329)
For IBM representative: email@example.com
For IBM Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IBM Teleweb Customer Support
- ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North
- 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4
- Markham, Ontario
- Canada L3R 2Z1
- Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
These products are available under IBM Software Value Plus, either directly from IBM or through authorized Business Partners who invest in skills and high-value solutions. IBM customers may benefit from the industry-specific or horizontal solutions, skills, and expertise provided by these Business Partners.
Additions to Software Value Plus will be communicated through standard product announcements. For a current list of IBM software available under Software Value Plus, go to the IBM Software Value Plus website.
For questions regarding Software Value Plus, go to the IBM Software Value Plus website.
z Systems is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Express, DataPower, Passport Advantage, System i, WebSphere, Bluemix and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Oracle and Java are trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page