IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 delivers new security access controls for user role management, enhanced capability for bare-metal imaging on LinuxIBM United States Software Announcement 214-414
October 14, 2014
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® Endpoint Manager V9.2 delivers a unified platform for system's lifecycle and security management of enterprise devices, including data center servers, laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
Key new features:
- Enhanced role-based controls in the IBM Endpoint Manager Console that allow administrators a greater ability to restrict an operator's access to executing actions, restarting endpoints, and sending refresh messages.
- The Operating System Deployment module now supports bare metal imaging on Linux™ platforms in addition to the existing bare metal support on Microsoft™ Windows™ platforms.
- The self-service portal in the Software Distribution module can now be installed on UNIX™ servers.
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation provides new cluster patching support for Microsoft operating systems, accelerated patching in automation plans through parallel execution on multiple servers, and new capabilities to install, configure and manage SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance product now provides Center for Internet Security checklists for middleware applications.
For ordering, contact your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL (Reference: YE001).
Back to top
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2, built on BigFix® technology, delivers endpoint lifecycle and security management using a unified, lightweight, extensible infrastructure. This solution enables organizations to proactively manage their servers, desktops, and laptops. Endpoint Manager provides a clear path for improving control and compliance with clear, accurate reporting, and easy integration with systems such as ticketing and change management databases.
Endpoint Manager provides the modern IT enterprise with a solution capable of securely managing local and remote users regardless of network connectivity. All devices under management receive continuous updates to ensure that corporate policies and regulatory compliance goals are achieved without the common problem of compliance drift seen in competing products. This dynamic, content-driven messaging and management system allows for quick delivery and adoption of new product capabilities, such as IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation that can help enable organizations to tailor solutions to meet their specific requirements.
Endpoint Manager unified management platform includes multiple capabilities grouped by the following product areas:
- Lifecycle management (asset discovery and inventory, software distribution, patch management, operating system deployment, remote control)
- Security and compliance (security configuration management, vulnerability management, patch management, anti-virus and anti-malware client management, network self-quarantine)
- Data center management (lifecycle, security compliance, and server automation)
- Patch management
- Power management
- Core protection and data protection
- Software Use Analysis
Back to top
For details, refer to the Software requirements section.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
- October 17, 2014: Electronic download
Back to top
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 provides new capabilities in the Endpoint Manager Console for both Endpoint Manager site administrators and junior operators. Endpoint Manager site administrators can tailor these new capabilities to provide only the minimum required access needed for junior operators to accomplish their tasks.
The IBM Endpoint Manager core platform, the foundation architecture on which IBM Endpoint Manager applications are delivered, includes powerful new user and role-based security controls, new platform coverage for the agent, and numerous improvements to the stability and performance throughout the console.
This new release includes significant updates to the breadth and depth of capabilities in the individual applications built on the Endpoint Manager platform. Highlights of the updates include bare metal imaging on Linux, software distribution portal support on UNIX, clustered Microsoft operating system patching support, expanded patch management on Sun Solaris, new CIS security checklists for middleware applications, additional deployment health widget, and improved representational state transfer (REST) API for Software Use Analysis.
Endpoint Manager adds new core capabilities and extends its platform coverage to include:
- New role-based access controls to allow Endpoint Manager administrators greater control over operator permissions. Administrators can now enforce the permissions of action execution and the refreshing, rebooting, and locking of endpoint computers. These new controls enable the creation of Endpoint Manager Console operators who are constrained to an audit-only role.
- Expanded agent coverage for heterogeneous platform support. New platforms on UNIX and Linux include Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 on IBM Power Systems™ (big endian architecture), and Ubuntu 14.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Datacenters
Endpoint Manager for Datacenters helps solve common server management needs and incorporates the features in IBM Endpoint Manager for Lifecycle Management, IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance, and IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation.
Endpoint Manager for Datacenters addresses key server management needs for:
- Server build and configuration management
- Helps eliminate silos of management, streamlines operations, and ensures that all endpoints (physical, virtual, cloud, and noncloud) are managed according to corporate best practices
- Continuous security configuration compliance
- Reduces risk, improves productivity, lowers costs, and increases compliance with an integrated solution
This release provides new cluster patching support for Microsoft operating systems and allows administrators to perform the following functions:
- Remove node from cluster, patch node, reboot, and re-add node to cluster on Microsoft operating systems, SQL Server clusters, Microsoft Exchange clusters, and Hyper-V windows clusters.
- Parallel execution of automation plans to accelerate the patching process across multiple servers.
- New and updated Fixlets to install, configure, and manage SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Lifecycle Management
- Software distribution capability in this release includes many improvements to the self-service web portal. This portal allows users to request software on demand from a list of administrator approved applications. Other key features included are:
- Integrated bare metal deployment and reimage capabilities introduced for Linux operating systems, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Linux Enterprise. Additional Microsoft Windows operating system support and improved integration with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit simplifies the process of deploying images.
- The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) bundle creation process simplification that now uses a new Bundle and Media Manager dashboard. Also included is bare metal deployment support in PXE-less networks that implements the bootable media (CD, USB) capabilities through the Bundle and Media Manager dashboard.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance
Security configuration checklists are updated to align with the most up-to-date industry and government benchmarks such as provided by the Center for Internet Security (CIS), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
- This release includes new, additional coverage for middleware platforms, including configuration benchmarks for IBM DB2®, Oracle DB, Microsoft Internet Information Services, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Security Compliance Analytics, a web-based application designed to help you manage security, vulnerability, and risk assessment, is updated with several new usability enhancements and support for Active Directory Global Catalog.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management:
- Improves integration with the native patch management tools provided with the supported operating systems in order to simplify the patch management process and optimize management of patch repositories.
- Introduces support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Linux custom repositories. These tools sites can now register repositories and Red Hat satellite's Subscription Management Tool (SMT) through the Custom Repository dashboards.
- Adds support for a dedicated Solaris 11 patch site, which contains Fixlet® content for patching Solaris Support Repository Updates (SRUs) on Solaris 11 endpoints.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis:
- Adds an additional deployment health widget to current dashboards to monitor status of agents.
- Adds REST APIs to programmatically export data on IBM capacity software utilization for Processor Value Units and Resource Value Units.
- Adds enablement and support for IBM z/VM® virtualization for IBM capacity reporting.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Core Protection:
- Adds significant performance and functionality improvements to the malware scanning and protection of Mac OS X computers. New wildcard folder exclusion support and a redesigned scan engine greatly reduce scheduled and manual scan times and improved Web Reputation support adds enhanced protection by checking every web address visited and blocking access to those found in a list of known malicious sites.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation
Multiple enhancements to the automation plan feature allows users to automate the management of their servers.
Also included are usability enhancements and new middleware content to support the applications Microsoft Exchange 2010 Clustering and Microsoft SQL Server.
Back to top
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 provides consolidated security and operations management, simplifying and streamlining endpoint management, while increasing accuracy and productivity.
IBM Endpoint Manager drives cost savings for software licensing and compliance with sophisticated detection capabilities across Microsoft Windows and UNIX platforms.
IBM Endpoint Manager extends visibility and control to data center servers and the cloud through advanced clustered server patching capabilities and enhanced integration of Endpoint Manager and IBM Cloud Orchestrator for one stop patching, software distribution, and operating system deployment. All of this can be achieved through IBM Cloud Orchestrator's interface.
Back to top
- Software Announcement 213-080, dated March 05, 2013.
- Software Announcement 213-469, dated October 01, 2013.
Back to top
Program Program number VRM name 5725-C43 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Lifecycle Management 5725-C43 9.2 IEM Starter Kit for Lifecycle Management 5725-C44 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance 5725-C44 9.2 IEM Starter Kit for Security and Compliance 5725-C45 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management 5725-C46 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Power® Management 5725-F57 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis 5725-D25 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Core Protection 5725-D25 9.2 IEM for Core Protection Data Protection Add-on 5725-H27 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation 5725-Q67 9.2 IBM Endpoint Manager for Datacenters
Back to top
Comprehensive education for IBM Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure products is offered through Worldwide IBM Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure Education Delivery Services. A wide range of training options are available, including classes led by instructors, learning on demand, on-site training, and blended learning solutions.
For additional information, visit the following website
Call IBM training at 800-IBM-TEACH (426-8322) for catalogs, schedules, and enrollments.
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information website
Also, visit the Passport Advantage® website
Back to top
No publications will be shipped with the programs in this announcement.
The IBM Publications Center
The Publications Center is a worldwide central repository for IBM product publications and marketing material with a catalog of 70,000 items. Extensive search facilities are provided. A large number of publications are available online in various file formats, and they can all be downloaded by all countries.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services or to contact a Software Services sales specialist, visit
Back to top
Specified operating environment
IBM Endpoint Manager supports running the Endpoint Manager server on:
- Microsoft Windows server operating systems, specifically Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64 bit), and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), with the following supported database versions: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012.
- Linux server operating system, specifically Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 7 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6, Update 3, and includes the supported database version IBM DB2 Workgroup Server Edition 10.5 FP3, with support for IBM DB2 10.1 and 10.5.
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 supports:
- Client platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 on Power PC, and Ubuntu 14.4
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 includes client platform support based on individual applications for the following operating systems:
- AIX®: IBM AIX V6.1, IBM AIX V7.1
- HP: HP-UX 11i v1, HP-UX 11i V2, HP-UX 11i v3
- Apple operating systems: Mac OS X 10.6.1, Mac OS X 10.6.2, Mac OS X 10.6.3, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.9
- Linux: RHEL 5, RHEL 6, RHEL 7, SLES 10, SLES 11, CentOS 5,3, CentOS 6.0, Debian 6, Debian 7, Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 14.04
- Solaris: Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Solaris 11
- Microsoft Windows: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
View the system requirements, including the complete list of supported platforms for each Endpoint Manager product, at
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a readme file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
IBM Electronic Support
The IBM Support Portal is your gateway to technical support. This includes IBM Electronic Support tools and resources, for software and hardware, to help save time and simplify support. The Electronic Support tools can help you find answers to questions, download fixes, troubleshoot, automate data collection, submit and track problems through the Service Request online tool, and build skills. All these tools are made available through your IBM support agreement, at no additional charge. Read about the Electronic Support portfolio of tools
Access the IBM Support Portal
Access the online Service Request tool
The programs in this announcement are delivered as electronic download. There are no physical deliverables.
Security, auditability, and control
IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 uses the security and auditability features of the uses the security and auditability features of the operating system software. The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
Back to top
Product group: IBM Endpoint Manager Product: IBM Endpoint Manager for Lifecycle Management (5725-C43) IEM Starter Kit for Lifecycle Management (5725-C43) IBM Endpoint Manager for Security & Compliance (5725-C44) IEM Starter Kit for Security and Compliance (5725-C44) IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management (5725-C45) IBM Endpoint Manager for Power Management (5725-C46) IBM Endpoint Manager for Core Protection (5725-D25) IEM for Core Protection Data Protection Add-on (5725-D25) IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation (5725-H27) IBM Endpoint Manager for Datacenters (5725-Q67) IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis (5725-F57) Product category: TVCONFIG (Configurations and Operations)
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
When a customer orders a license to the program other than via Passport Advantage, these programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
IBM Endpoint Manager License Information documentation: Form number Description L-TBRN-9N4JLK IEM for Lifecycle Management L-TBRN-9N4JWG IEM Starter Kit for Lifecycle Management L-TBRN-9N4JPR IEM for Security and Compliance L-TBRN-9N4JWD IEM Starter Kit for Security and Compliance L-TBRN-9M5JHU IEM for Patch Management L-TBRN-9N4JPX IEM for Power Management L-KAFZ-9NSH9N IEM for Software Use Analysis L-TBRN-9N4JZ6 IEM for Core Protection L-TBRN-9N4JZ9 IEM for Core Protection Data Protection Add-on L-TBRN-9N4K52 IEM for Server Automation L-TBRN-9N4K5J IEM for Datacenters
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement website
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, consult the IBM Software Support Handbook found at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Technical support of a program product version or release will be available for a minimum of five years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is in effect. This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (via telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) also provides you with access to updates (modifications or fixes), releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, via announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice. If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, and through the Passport Advantage website at
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express®. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance via telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your end users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, consult your IBM Software Support Handbook at
Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, visit the Passport Advantage website at
IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel
System i® Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective. IBM does not warrant that systems and products are immune from the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
Electronic Service Agent™ and the IBM Electronic Support web portal are dedicated to providing fast, exceptional support to IBM Systems customers. The IBM Electronic Service Agent tool is a no-additional-charge tool that proactively monitors and reports hardware events, such as system errors, performance issues, and inventory. The Electronic Service Agent tool can help you stay focused on your company's strategic business initiatives, save time, and spend less effort managing day-to-day IT maintenance issues. Servers enabled with this tool can be monitored remotely around the clock by IBM Support, all at no additional cost to you.
Now integrated into the base operating system of AIX V5.3, AIX V6.1, and AIX V7.1, Electronic Service Agent is designed to automatically and electronically report system failures and utilization issues to IBM, which can result in faster problem resolution and increased availability. System configuration and inventory information collected by the Electronic Service Agent tool also can be viewed on the secure Electronic Support web portal, and used to improve problem determination and resolution by you and the IBM support team. To access the tool main menu, simply type smitty esa_main, and select Configure Electronic Service Agent. In addition, ESA now includes a powerful web user interface, giving the administrator easy access to status, tool settings, problem information, and filters. For more information and documentation on how to configure and use Electronic Service Agent, refer to
The IBM Electronic Support portal is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. This portal enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems. The My Systems and Premium Search functions make it even easier for Electronic Service Agent tool-enabled customers to track system inventory and find pertinent fixes.
Increased uptime: The Electronic Service Agent tool is designed to enhance the Warranty or Maintenance Agreement by providing faster hardware error reporting and uploading system information to IBM Support. This can translate to less wasted time monitoring the symptoms, diagnosing the error, and manually calling IBM Support to open a problem record. Its 24x7 monitoring and reporting mean no more dependence on human intervention or off-hours customer personnel when errors are encountered in the middle of the night.
Security: The Electronic Service Agent tool is designed to be secure in monitoring, reporting, and storing the data at IBM. The Electronic Service Agent tool is designed to securely transmit either via the Internet (HTTPS or VPN) or modem to provide customers a single point of exit from their site. Communication is one way. Activating Electronic Service Agent does not enable IBM to call into a customer's system.
For additional information, please refer to IBM Electronic Service Agent
More accurate reporting: Because system information and error logs are automatically uploaded to the IBM Support center in conjunction with the service request, you are not required to find and send system information, decreasing the risk of misreported or misdiagnosed errors. Once inside IBM, problem error data is run through a data knowledge management system and knowledge articles are appended to the problem record.
Customized support: Using the IBM ID entered during activation, you can view system and support information in the My Systems and Premium Search sections of the Electronic Support website at
My Systems provides valuable reports of installed hardware and software using information collected from the systems by Electronic Service Agent. Reports are available for any system associated with your IBM ID. Premium Search combines the function of search and the value of Electronic Service Agent information, providing advanced search of the technical support knowledgebase. Using Premium Search and the Electronic Service Agent information that has been collected from your system, you are able to see search results that apply specifically to your systems.
For more information on how to utilize the power of IBM Electronic Services, contact your IBM Systems Services Representative, or visit
Back to top
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner for Software Value Plus. Additional information is also available at
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing from IBM Global Financing helps you preserve cash and credit lines, enables more technology acquisition within current budget limits, permits accelerated implementation of economically attractive new technologies, offers payment and term flexibility, and can help match project costs to projected benefits. Financing is available worldwide for credit-qualified customers.
For more financing information, visit
Back to top
To order, contact the Americas Call Centers or your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968).
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com® Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 3/4 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Power Systems and Electronic Service Agent are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, BigFix, DB2, Fixlet, z/VM, Power, Passport Advantage, AIX, Express, System i and ibm.com are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page