IBM Business Monitor for z/OS , V7.5 delivers real-time, end-to-end business operations, transactions, and process monitoring for IBM middleware infrastructureIBM Europe, Middle East, and Africa Software Announcement ZP11-0185
April 5, 2011
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
New capabilities for Business Monitor for z/OS®, V7.5 include:
- Built-in tooling and run-time support for integrated monitoring of IBM® Process Manager Standard Edition (formerly WebSphere® Lombardi Edition)
- Fully integrated Cognos® Business Intelligence Server V10.1.0.1 for analysis and reporting on historical data
- Fine-grained security for dimensional, KPI, and instance data: enable or prevent anyone, based on any category, to see any information depth or detail that is relevant to them
- Enhanced business user customization of data filtering, dashboard controls & reports, and alerts
- Numerous deployment and operational improvements
Back to top
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 (formerly IBM WebSphere Business Monitor for z/OS) is a comprehensive business activity monitoring (BAM) software offering that is tightly integrated with the IBM middleware portfolio of IBM Business Process Manager (IBM BPM), BRMS1, SOA2, and transactional solutions.
Built-in tooling support and run-time event hooks for products including, but not limited to, IBM Integration Designer, WebSphere ILOG® JRules BRMS, WebSphere Message Broker, IBM BPM, and IBM CICS®, plus the ability to monitor third-party application events, allows IT to provide business users and managers with an end-to-end, real-time, and historical view of their entire business operation at any level of detail. It provides customizable dashboards that calculate and display key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics derived from business transactions, processes, business activity data, and business events.
Business users can view these KPIs, metrics, and alerts through various means including lightweight web interfaces, mobile devices, and corporate portals, and can drill into specific transaction and process instances. These capabilities offer business users and managers immediate actionable information and insight into their business operations to mitigate problems or take advantage of opportunities.
Business Monitor for z/OS enables IT to empower their business to increase revenue and reduce costs:
- Increase revenue: Real-time operational visibility may increase sales by, for example, identifying business opportunities early to gain competitive advantage, and improving customer satisfaction through improved customer service and faster operational response times.
- Reduce costs: Real-time operational visibility may decrease costs by, for example, ensuring critical business processes meet commitments to customers, identifying inefficiencies in processes, ensuring key business metrics meet targets, or improving operational planning based on volume analysis.
Business Monitor for z/OS implementations are relatively low cost and low risk and provide a relatively high return on investment:
- Low risk: Mission-critical systems and/or process flows are not "changing." IT is simply instrumenting systems that are already in place or are being developed
- Low cost: Most implementations take three to six months with two to three IT developers.
- High return on investment: Studies show high quantifiable IT value delivered to IT budget.
Business Monitor for z/OS significantly reduces the time and cost needed to implement a Business Intelligence solution for IBM middleware customers:
- The combination of built-in tooling and runtime event/message collection support for the IBM middleware portfolio of products along with the integration of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence provides for a replacement of the traditional Extract Transform Load data warehousing process, saving IT significant time and cost.
New capabilities in Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5
- Improved tooling and run-time support for monitoring of IBM Business Process Manager (the follow on product to WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Lombardi Edition), including playback support and IBM Process Center integration.
- Cognos Business Intelligence V10.1.0.1 for advanced analysis and reporting on historical data are seamlessly integrated into Monitor's development, administration and business user experience.
- Fine-grained security for dimensional, KPI, and instance data enable or prevent anyone, based on any category, to see any information depth or detail that is relevant to them.
- Includes enhanced business user customization of data filtering and dashboard controls & reports.
- A single monitor model may now execute concurrently on all members of a cluster, providing for significant scalability improvements resulting in much higher rates of events that can be processed per second.
- Includes a tooling wizard for easier correlation of events across processes that include sub-processes.
- A number of deployment and operational improvements include:
- High-performance purging of unwanted data for improved overall performance
- A utility to help administrators consolidate old monitor model versions and associated data over to a new monitor model version
- A documented Disaster Recovery strategy that describes how to back up Monitor data so that your customer can quickly restore their system
- Business Rule Management Systems
- Service-oriented architecture
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
June 17, 2011
Availability of programs with encryption algorithm in France is subject to French government approval.
Cryptography in this product is limited to password encryption, authentication or digital signature.
Refer to the complete letter for national language availability.
Back to top
Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 delivers real-time, end-to-end business operations, transactions, and process monitoring for IBM middleware infrastructure.
New accelerated development of end-to-end business monitoring solutions
Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 continues to make it easier for IT to provide their business with the real-time and historical business information they require. With built-in tooling and run-time support already in place for WebSphere ILOG JRules, IBM adapters, CICS, IMS, Filenet P8, WebSphere Business Events, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ Workflow, IBM BPM, and WebSphere Sensor Events, Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 now adds:
- Auto-generation of a complete monitor model and dashboard for IBM BPM Standard -- For those customers who have a current or future need to monitor information outside of their Standard Edition-generated processes, Business Monitor now provides a turnkey, yet customable, dashboard experience that is stored in Process Center. No Integration Designer is needed.
- Accelerated dashboards for IBM BPM Advanced. Events from both BPEL and BPMN engines carry the instance identifiers that are needed for cross-engine correlation, making it easier to create the monitor model that will follow each process from start to finish (including any sub-processes). Users can drill down to see activity status, user assignments, and so on, as well as see all the business level information against which the process is executing.
New integrated Cognos Business Intelligence V10.1.0.1
- The combination of built-in tooling and runtime event/message collection support for the IBM middleware portfolio of products along with the integration of Cognos Business Intelligence provides for a replacement of the traditional Extract Transform Load data warehousing process. This saves IT significant time and cost when implementing a Business Intelligence solution for an IBM middleware-based enterprise architecture.
- Cognos' advanced analysis and reporting capabilities are integrated into Business Monitor's development, administration and business user experience providing for a significant improvement in reporting capabilities on monitor-created data, including rolling time periods, drag-and-drop re-ordering, report preview, and many other powerful report editing tools.
New enhanced security and business user capabilities
- "Fine-grained" security for Business Monitor data that enables or prevents viewing of any information depth or detail, based on any category. From instances to KPIs to dimensional data to metrics to alert templates to cube dimensions and measures, Business Monitor can now be configured to enable or prevent access based on any category, based on users/groups defined in Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), another application, or defined within Business Monitor itself.
- Enhanced business user customization of data filtering and dashboard controls & reports. New enhancements include improved date & time, and/or, data-assist, and persistent search/filtering, amongst others.
New enhanced scalability, deployment and operational functionality
- Full scalability to multiple machines in a cluster or multiple servant regions on a z/OS server
- A number of deployment and operational improvements, including:
- Improved logging capabilities for deployment troubleshooting
- High-performance purging of unwanted data for improved overall performance
- A utility for the batch transfer of instances when migrating to a new version
- A documented Disaster Recovery strategy that describes how to back up Business Monitor data to quickly restore it
New user interface capabilities via an upgrade to Business Space V7.5
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 is upgraded to the new Business Space V7.5 component, including these enhancements:
- Major usability enhancements
- Improved page-to-page navigation, including graphical tooling for contextual page discovery and linking
- Completely customizable themes and rebranding, including broader support for CSS and HTML page restyling, banner customization, and web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) for easier editing, managing, and deployment of the docs and files that define the theme
- Complete banner customization, including remove/hide based on a user's access rights
- Support for custom layouts. Create any number of rows, columns, and so on.
- Widget personalization persistence: in addition to being able to share spaces and pages between multiple users, individual users can now save their own preferences for widgets on those pages as well.
- For those customers using or considering WebSphere Portal V7.0, the Business
Space V7.5 component is now a part of Portal's IBM universal hub, for unified page presentation
of components developed with different tools and frameworks:
- Seamlessly mix and wire together Business Space iWidgets with Portal Portlets on the same Portal page.
- Quickly register local and remote iWidgets in Portal for aggregation and use with native Portlets
- Include other WebSphere Portal V7.0 innovations and new features
- Blog and wiki templates: Easily add popular social features with out-of-the-box blog and wiki content templates provided for WebSphere Portal Enable, WebSphere Portal Extend, and WebSphere Portal Express®.
- Tagging and rating: Easily empower users to organize and evaluate content using the tagging and rating feature within the page builder theme.
- Virtualization support: Includes full VMware support for replication of operating systems configured with WebSphere Portal.
- Multiple profile support speeds up and simplifies administrator's ability to create a portal farm and clustered environment for increased scalability.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Value Unit-based pricing
Value Unit pricing for eligible IBM System z® IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) programs enables a lower cost of incremental growth and enterprise aggregation. Each System z IPLA product with Value Unit pricing has a single price per Value Unit and a conversion matrix, called Value Unit Exhibit, for converting from some designated measurement to Value Units. Most commonly, Millions of Service Units (MSUs) is the measurement designated by IBM to be converted to Value Units. Some other measurements are engines or messages. Since MSUs are the most common measurement, that measurement will be used for the remainder of this description.
Value Unit pricing offers price benefits for you. For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Each of the various Value Unit Exhibits stipulate that the larger your required license capacity, the fewer Value Units per MSU you will need. Value Unit Exhibits are uniquely identified by a three digit code and referred to using the nomenclature VUExxx, where xxx is the three digit code.
Subsequent acquisitions of Value Unit priced programs offer additional price benefits. The quantity of each System z IPLA program that you have acquired is referred to as entitled license capacity. If you wish to grow your entitled license capacity for a System z IPLA program, the calculation to determine additional needed Value Units is based upon the number of Value Units already acquired.
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, you should:
- Determine the required license capacity, in MSUs
- Aggregate the MSUs across the enterprise
- Convert the total MSUs to Value Units, using the applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- Multiply the price per Value Unit by the total number of Value Units to determine the total cost
To simplify conversion from the designated measurement to Value Units or vice-versa, use the Value Unit Converter Tool. For additional information or to obtain a copy of the Value Unit Converter Tool, visit the Value Unit Converter Tool website
Note that Value Units of a given product cannot be exchanged, interchanged, or aggregated with Value Units of another product.
To determine the required license capacity for the System z IPLA program you selected, refer to the Terms and conditions section.
Back to top
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS provides comprehensive BAM that is the aggregation, analysis, and presentation of real-time operational, transactional, and process information collected from internal systems and sources, and also those involving client's partners, and third parties. BAM is both a starting point and a major capability for IBM software for BPM, which is a discipline combining software capabilities and business expertise to accelerate process improvements.
Process change is enhanced by SOA, a flexible IT architecture that accelerates the creation and reuse of business services to facilitate business innovation. The design of BAM is to deliver real-time information about the status and results of various operations, processes, and transactions to help business leaders and managers make smarter business decisions, address problem areas quickly, and manage resources more effectively. BAM systems are driven by business events, fed directly from integration software or from BPM software.
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS allows IT to enable business users and managers to track their entire business operation on a single dashboard, receive alerts, and subsequently drill down to the lowest level of instance detail. Real-time information from any application can be captured for true end-to-end monitoring, enabling business users to take immediate action to remedy anomalous situations, take advantage of emerging business opportunities, and improve operations for improved customer satisfaction and improved business results. Studies have shown that real-time visibility solutions significantly increase revenue and decrease costs.
Rich analytics, via Cognos BI V10.1.0.1, also help business users analyze historical and operational data with the goal of improving performance and making smarter decisions. Predictive capabilities enable business users to act before a problem or opportunity presents itself. Additional products that interact with and support IBM Business Monitor for z/OS include:
- Business Process Manager - A single BPM platform that combines the human-centric and integration-centric capabilities. It provides business users with a single, scalable platform designed for every aspect of business process automation, optimization, and improvement. A high-performance business engine to help choreograph and automate business processes.
- Blueworks Live - A BPM "platform as a service" offering that promotes business process design, simulation, and mapping through teaming and collaboration in a cloud environment.
- WebSphere Decision
Server - A combination of the most comprehensive set of business rule management
capabilities on the market and WebSphere Business Events for process
events, patterns, and correlation.
The business rule management system enables organizations to define, deploy, monitor, and maintain the variety and complexity of decision logic used by operational systems. It allows decision logic to be extracted and managed separately from core application code, so it can be easily understood, maintained, and reused across organizations. Business experts can define and manage decision logic, reducing the amount of time and effort required to update decision logic in production systems, increasing an organization's ability to respond to changes in the business environment.
- Integration Designer - One tool, one set of skills based on business-driven design principles for discovering, authoring (building), and integrating process, mediation, adapter, and component services.
- IBM BPM Industry Packs - Delivers BPM-based solutions that are further solidified with the help of industry standards based SOA assets to ensure improved time-to-value, consistency, and reuse. These assets are useful across the process lifecycle.
- WebSphere Business Events - Enables earlier detection of business situations, providing more intelligent insight for timely and effective business decisions.
- Case Manager - Delivers unified platform for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) that includes at its core Filenet Business Process Manager for content-based processes and case handling scenarios.
- CICS - Delivers a family of application servers and connectors that provides industrial-strength, online transaction management and connectivity for mission-critical applications.
- WebSphere Adapters - Allows customers to create integrated processes that exchange information between enterprise resource planning (ERP), human resource (HR), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply chain systems. These adapters service enable customer applications by connecting them to the IBM Connectivity products, which power your customer's SOA.
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository - Provides clear visibility into service associations and relationships, while encouraging reuse of services to avoid duplication and reduce cost.
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus - Applies web services connectivity and service-oriented integration to power your customer's SOA, and improves flexibility through the adoption of service-oriented interfaces. It supports hundreds of ISV solutions via WebSphere Adapters.
- WebSphere Message Broker - Delivers an advanced enterprise service bus providing connectivity and universal data transformation.
- WebSphere Partner Gateway - Delivers customer-required, business-to-business enablement to integrate or extend applications and processes with those of organizations Business Partners, for both sell-side and buy-side. It offers an environment for creating and managing supply chain partners that are being integrated into the business, as well as providing the support to send and receive multiple data types over multiple choices of protocols and transport layers.
- WebSphere DataPower® SOA Appliances - Represent an important element in the IBM holistic approach to SOA. IBM SOA appliances are purpose-built, easy-to-deploy network devices that simplify, help secure, and accelerate your customer's XML and web services deployments while extending their SOA infrastructure.
- WebSphere MQ Workflow - Supports long-running business process workflows as they interact with systems and people. It automates and tracks business processes in accordance with business design and provides integration processes with rich support for human interactions.
- IBM Rational® Asset Manager -- Helps create, modify, govern, find, and reuse any type of development assets, including SOA, systems development assets, process models, and monitoring models.
- IBM Rational Application Developer -- Comprehensive Eclipse-based rapid application development for software developers to quickly design, develop, analyze, test, profile, and deploy high-quality Java and J2EE, Portal, web, web services, and SOA applications.
- Cognos Business Intelligence V10.1.0.1 -- Delivers the complete range of business intelligence capabilities on a single SOA-based platform. Includes author, share, and use reports that draw on data across all enterprise sources for better business decisions.
- WebSphere Sensor Events -- Delivers the platform for integrating new sensor data, identifying the relevant business events from that data using situational event processing, and then integrating and acting upon those events with SOA business processes.
Additional products and services that can be sold or used to enhance the value of this solution:
- IBM Software Services for WebSphere methodology and services -- The open BPM framework and engagement model is based on IBM best practices, and includes methods, assessments, and service engagement points.
- IBM Global Business Services® (GBS) is the professional services arm of Global Services, including management consulting, systems integration, and application management services. Through IBM's extensive industry experience, business process expertise, and wealth of intellectual capital, GBS delivers business value and innovation to customers.
- IBM Information Framework (IFW) process models combine prebuilt banking industry process templates and banking best practice processes with intellectual capital in a set of business models.
- IBM Insurance Application Architecture (IAA) transforms business processes by integrating applications and processes across lines of business, offerings, channels, and systems to improve customer satisfaction and overall effectiveness.
- IBM Lotus® ActiveInsight helps organizations define and communicate goals, view real-time metrics, and track actions via composite, role-based dashboards and scorecards, thus helping to improve overall performance.
- IBM Benchmark Wizard is part of IBM GBS and provides processed-based performance measurement data on demand to help customers more quickly get started with measuring KPIs and Key Agility Indicators (KAIs). The Benchmark Wizard is part of the IBM GBS Benchmark Program.
Back to top
For information on IBM Business Process Manager V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0120, dated April 05, 2011
For information on IBM Business Process Manager Industry Packs V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0107, dated April 5, 2011.
For information on IBM Business Monitor V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0101, dated April 5, 2011.
For information on WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0099, dated April 5, 2011.
For information on WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0109, dated April 05, 2011
For information on WebSphere Service Registry and Repository for z/OS, V7.5, refer to Software Announcement ZP11-0110, dated April 05, 2011
Back to top
|Availability of national languages|
Availability Description Language date IBM Business Multilingual June 17, 2011 Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 (French, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Korean, Chinese-Simplified, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazilian, German, Japanese, Chinese-Traditional, Hungarian, English U.S., Greek, Turkish, Czech, Italian, Polish, Romanian)
Note: Cognos-based report viewing does not support Hebrew, Turkish and Arabic languages. Reports will be displayed in English for those languages.
Back to top
Program Name Program Number IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 5655-W11
Product identification number
Subscription and Program PID number Support PID number 5655-W11 5655-W12
Back to top
IBM training provides education to support many IBM offerings. Descriptions of courses for IT professionals and managers are on the IBM training website
The link to the WebSphere Education customer portal gives students easy access to all of the IBM courses and training paths
Contact your IBM representative for course information.
For additional information visit
Back to top
Product information is available via the Offering Information website
Back to top
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 documentation is shipped in an information center, which can be viewed from a web browser with Internet access or run locally. A local copy of the information center can be installed using the IBM Business Monitor installation program. Any new V7.5 documentation can then be added to that locally installed information center.
On June 17, 2011, the online version of the IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 information center will be available at
Portions of the documentation for IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, will be translated and available within thirty 30 days of product availability.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
- Any hardware that supports z/OS 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12
- DVD-ROM Drive (required for DVD media, not downloadable images)
Supported operating systems
The following operating systems are supported:
- z/OS, V1.10 (64-bit only)
- z/OS, V1.11 (64-bit only)
- z/OS, V1.12 (64-bit only)
Base application server requirements
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V184.108.40.206, for z/OS with the XML Feature Pack 220.127.116.11
- WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus for z/OS, V7.5
Supported data bases:
- DB2® for z/OS, V8.1
- DB2 for z/OS, V9.1
- DB2 for z/OS, V10.1
Any LDAP directory server that supports the LDAP V3 specification rfc 2251 is supported unless specific LDAP is noted on unsupported page.
Supported Web browsers
The following browsers are supported when running on a Windows® operating systems:
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Internet Explorer 8.0
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6
Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®)
The program's specifications and specified operating environment information may be found in documentation accompanying the program, if available, such as a README file, or other information published by IBM, such as an announcement letter. Documentation and other program content may be supplied only in the English language.
IBM products enabled for event monitoring
IBM Business Monitor can be used to monitor any package of information flowing from an application or system that is formatted via XML/JMS.
The following products have been pre-enabled to emit events specifically for IBM Business Monitor:
- IBM BPM V7.5
- WebSphere Process Server V6.1 or later
- WebSphere ESB V6.1 or later
- WebSphere Message Broker V18.104.22.168 or later
- WebSphere ILog JRules BRMS V7.1 with Support Pac LB01
- WebSphere MQ Workflow V3.6 with Service Pack 6 or later
- WebSphere Application Adapters V6.2 or later
- WebSphere Business Events V6.2 or later
- WebSphere Sensor Events V6.2 or later
- WebSphere DataPower XI50 or XI50B
- CICS V4.1 or later
- IMS V11 or later
- Filenet P8 V4.0 or later
Cognos does not support z/OS at this time. A separately purchased and installed Cognos BI V10.1.0.1 offering on a supported platform can be seamlessly accessed remotely by IBM Business Monitor for z/OS.
Cognos does not support dynamic query mode for DB2 on z/OS at this time. For those customers requiring dimensional reports based on DB2 on z/OS databases, we recommend continuing to use the embedded Alphablox® component.
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 includes:
- Program directory (GI11-9819-01)
- License document (LC23-5087-01)
- IBM Business Monitor development toolkit DVD (LCD8-1473-01)
- IBM Business Monitor test environment DVD (LCD8-1474-01)
This program, when downloaded from a website, contains the applicable IBM license agreement and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
Security, auditability, and control
IBM Business Monitor uses the security and auditability features of the host hardware or software.
The customer is responsible for evaluation, selection, and implementation of security features, administrative procedures, and appropriate controls in application systems and communication facilities.
Global Technology Services
Contact your IBM representative for the list of selected services available in your country, either as standard or customized offerings for the efficient installation, implementation, or integration of this product.
Back to top
Consult your IBM representative.
PID Charge unit Program name number description IBM Business Monitor 5655-W11 Value unit for z/OS, V7.5
Install is a unit of measure by which the Program can be licensed. An Install is an installed copy of the Program on a physical or virtual disk made available to be executed on a computer. Licensee must obtain an entitlement for each Install of the Program.
The programs in this announcement all have Value Unit-Based pricing.
Program number Program name Value Unit exhibit 5655-W11 IBM Business Monitor VUE007 for z/OS, V7.5
Value Unit exhibit VUE007
MSUs MSUs minimum maximum Value Units/MSU Base 1 3 1 Tier A 4 45 0.45 Tier B 46 175 0.36 Tier C 176 315 0.27 Tier D 316 + 0.2
Value Units for mainframes without MSU ratings:
Hardware Value Units/machine MP3000 H30 6 MP3000 H50 8 MP3000 H70 12 ESL models 2
The total number of Value Units is calculated according to the following example.
If your required license capacity is 1,500 MSUs for your selected System z IPLA product, the applicable Value Units would be:
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs * Value Units/MSU = Value Units Base 3 * 1.00 = 3.00 Tier A 42 * .45 = 18.90 Tier B 130 * .36 = 46.80 Tier C 140 * .27 = 37.80 Tier D 1,185 * .20 = 237.00 Total 1,500 343.50
When calculating the total number of Value Units, the sum is to be rounded up to the next integer.
Ordering z/OS through the Internet
ShopzSeries provides an easy way to plan and order your z/OS ServerPac or CBPDO. It will analyze your current installation, determine the correct product migration, and present your new configuration based on z/OS. Additional products can also be added to your order (including determination of whether all product requisites are satisfied). ShopzSeries is available in the U.S. and several countries in Europe. In countries where ShopzSeries is not available yet, contact your IBM representative (or IBM Business Partner) to handle your order via the traditional IBM ordering process. For more details and availability, visit the ShopzSeries website at
Program name - IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 Program number - 5655-W11 Entitlement identifier Description License option/pricing metric S0160NK IBM Business Monitor Basic OTC, per MSU-Day TUC for z/OS, V7.5
Translation from MSUs to Value Units MSUs Value Units/MSU Base 1-3 1.00 Tier A 4-45 0.45 Tier B 46-175 0.36 Tier C 176-315 0.27 Tier D 316+ 0.20
To order, specify the program product number and the appropriate license or charge option. Also, specify the desired distribution medium. To suppress shipment of media, select the license-only option in CFSW.
Program name: IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5 Program PID: 5655-W11 Entitlement identifier Description License option/Pricing metric S0160NK IBM Business Monitor Basic OTC, per Value Unit for z/OS, V7.5 Orderable supply ID Language Distribution medium S016P6T MUL 3590 Tape Cartridge Media feature code = 6001 Subscription and Support PID: 5655-W12 Entitlement identifier Description License option/Pricing metric S0160NL IBM Business Monitor Basic MSC, Value Units SW S&S for z/OS No charge, decline SW S&S Subscription & Support Per MSU SW S&S Registration V1.1.0 Orderable supply ID Language Distribution medium S0160NN English Hardcopy Pubs Media feature code = 6000
Subscription and Support
To receive voice technical support via telephone and future releases and versions at no additional charge, Subscription and Support must be ordered. The capacity of Subscription and Support (Value Units) must be the same as the capacity ordered for the product licenses.
To order, specify the Subscription and Support program number (PID) referenced above and the appropriate license or charge option.
IBM is also providing Subscription and Support for these products via a separately purchased offering under the terms of the IBM International Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (IAASM). This offering:
- Includes and extends the support services provided in the base support to include technical support via telephone.
- Entitles you to future releases and versions, at no additional charge. Note that you are not entitled to new products.
When Subscription and Support is ordered, the charges will automatically renew annually unless cancelled by you.
The combined effect of the IPLA license and the Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance gives you rights and support services comparable to those under the traditional ICA S/390® and System z license or its equivalent. To ensure that you continue to enjoy the level of support you are used to in the ICA business model, you must order both the license for the program and the support for the selected programs at the same Value Unit quantities.
Single version charging
To elect single version charging, you must notify and identify to IBM the prior program and replacement program, and the machine the programs are operating on.
Product deliverables are shipped only via CBPDO, ServerPac, SystemPac®.
CBPDO and ServerPac are offered for Internet delivery in countries where ShopzSeries product ordering is available. Internet delivery reduces software delivery time and allows you to install software without the need to handle tapes. For more details on Internet delivery, refer to the ShopzSeries help information at
You choose the delivery method when you order the software. IBM recommends Internet delivery. In addition to Internet and DVD, the supported tape delivery options for CBPDO, ServerPac, and SystemPac, include:
Most products can be ordered in ServerPac and SystemPac the month following their availability on CBPDO. z/OS can be ordered via all three offerings at general availability. Production of software product orders will begin on the planned general availability date.
- CBPDO shipments will begin one week after general availability.
- ServerPac shipments will begin two weeks after general availability
- SystemPac shipments will begin four weeks after general availability due to additional customization, and data input verification.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage® Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
The IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (Z125-6011) applies for Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) and does not require customer signatures.
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information form number
IBM Business Monitor for z/OS, V7.5: L-DJEN-8DEQT7
The program's License Information will be available for review on the IBM Software License Agreement website
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, consult the IBM Software Support Handbook found at
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Enhanced support, called Subscription and Support, includes telephone assistance, as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect. You will be notified of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
For additional information, refer to the License Information document that is available on the IBM Software License Agreement website
Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) applies
No. For operating system software, the revised IBM Operational Support Services - SoftwareXcel offering will provide support for those operating systems and associated products that are not available with the Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) offering.
This will ensure total support coverage for your enterprise needs, including IBM and selected non-IBM products. For complete lists of products supported under both the current and revised offering, visit
System i Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Yes. When ordering through the program number process, a 15% education allowance applies to qualified education institution customers.
Education Software Allowance Program applies when ordering through the program number process.
Yes, to qualified customers.
Sub-capacity terms and conditions
For each System z IPLA program with Value Unit pricing, the quantity of that program needed to satisfy applicable IBM terms and conditions is referred to as the required license capacity. Your required license capacity is based upon the following factors:
- The System z IPLA program you select
- The applicable Value Unit Exhibit
- The applicable terms
- Whether your current mainframes are full-capacity or sub-capacity
For more information on the Value Unit Exhibit for the System z IPLA program you selected, refer to the Ordering information section.
Program number Program name Terms 5655-W11 IBM Business Execution-based Monitor for z/OS, V7.5
In cases where full capacity is applicable, the following terms apply.
Execution-based, z/OS-based, full-machine-based: The required capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the MSU-rated capacity of the machines where the System z IPLA program executes.
For more information on mainframe MSU-rated capacities, visit
Reference-based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the license capacity of the applicable monthly license charge (MLC) program. This MLC program is called the parent program.
In cases where sub-capacity is applicable, the following terms apply.
Execution-based: The required capacity of a System z IPLA sub-capacity program with these terms equals the capacity of the LPARs where the System z IPLA program executes.
z/OS-based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the license capacity of z/OS on the machines where the System z IPLA program executes.
Reference-based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with these terms equals the license capacity of the applicable monthly license charge (MLC) program. This MLC program is called the parent program.
Full-machine-based: The required license capacity of a System z IPLA program with full-machine-based terms equals the MSU-rated capacity of the machines where the System z IPLA program executes.
For more information on mainframe MSU-rated capacities, refer to The IBM System z Machines Exhibit, Z125-3901, or visit the Mainframes section of the System z Exhibits website
For more information on sub-capacity System z IPLA terms and conditions, refer to Software Announcement ZA04-0227, dated August 10, 2004.
For additional information for products with reference-based terms, System z IPLA sub-capacity programs with reference-based terms adds value to the parent program across the environment, regardless of where in the environment the System z IPLA program executes.
An environment is defined as either a single or stand-alone machine or a qualified Parallel Sysplex®. You may have one or more different environments across the enterprise. To determine the required license capacity for each System z IPLA program with referenced-based terms, each environment should be assessed separately.
When a System z IPLA sub-capacity program with reference-based terms is used in a qualified Parallel Sysplex environment, the required license capacity of the System z IPLA program must equal with the license capacity of the parent program across the Parallel Sysplex. Qualified Parallel Sysplex refers to one:
- That meets the criteria defined in Hardware Announcement ZA98-0120, dated January 13, 1998
- Where MLC pricing is aggregated across the sysplex
To be eligible for sub-capacity charging on select System z IPLA programs, you must first implement and comply with all terms of either sub-capacity Workload License Charges (WLC) or sub-capacity Entry Workload License Charges (EWLC). To implement sub-capacity WLC or EWLC, a machine must be System z (or equivalent). On that machine:
- All instances of the OS/390® operating system must be migrated to the z/OS operating systems
- Any licenses for the OS/390 operating system must be discontinued
- All instances of the z/OS operating systems must be running in z/Architecture® (64-bit) mode
For that machine, you must create and submit a Sub-Capacity Report to IBM each month. Sub-Capacity Reports must be generated using the Sub-Capacity Reporting Tool (SCRT). For additional information or to obtain a copy of SCRT, visit the System z Software Pricing website
You must comply with all of the terms of the WLC or EWLC offering, whichever is applicable:
- The complete terms and conditions of sub-capacity WLC are defined in the IBM Customer Agreement - Attachment for System z Workload License Charges (Z125-6516).
- The complete terms and conditions for sub-capacity EWLC are defined in the IBM Customer Agreement - Attachment for IBM System z 890 and 800 License Charges (Z125-6587).
Additionally, you must sign and comply with the terms and conditions specified in the amendment to the IPLA contract - Amendment for IBM System z9® and System z Programs Sub-Capacity Pricing (Z125-6929). Once the amendment is signed, the terms in the amendment replace any and all previous System z IPLA sub-capacity terms and conditions.
IBM Getting Started Sub-capacity Pricing for z/OS IPLA Software applies.
Sub-capacity utilization determination
Sub-capacity utilization is determined based on the utilization of an eligible operating system and machine (for example, z/OS running in z/Architecture (64-bit) mode on a System z ((or equivalent) server).
Back to top
Contact your local IBM representative for the applicable charges
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Financing from IBM Global Financing helps you preserve cash and credit lines, enables more technology acquisition within current budget limits, permits accelerated implementation of economically attractive new technologies, offers payment and term flexibility, and can help match project costs to projected benefits. Financing is available worldwide for credit-qualified customers.
For more financing information, visit
Back to top
All European, Middle Eastern, and African countries except Iran, Sudan, and Syria.
IMS and ActiveInsight are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
z/OS, IBM, WebSphere, Cognos, ILOG, CICS, Express, System z, DataPower, Rational, Global Business Services, Lotus, DB2, Windows, RACF, Alphablox, S/390, SystemPac, Passport Advantage, Parallel Sysplex, OS/390, z/Architecture and System z9 are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Java and all Java-based trademarks are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page