IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7800 delivers ultra fast security inspection for today's 10GbE networksIBM United States Services Announcement 611-012
February 15, 2011
|Table of contents|
(Corrected on February 16, 2011)Changes made in the following sections: Title, At a glance, and Overview.
|At a glance|
IBM® Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7800 delivers:
- Broader security coverage over 10GbE networks
- Fast security inspection
- Eight native 10GbE interfaces for today's 10GbE networks
- Integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities
- Web application protection (utilizing the IBM Injection Logic Engine) that helps eliminate the need for a stand-alone web application firewall
For ordering, contact your IBM representative or an IBM Business Partner. For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255). Reference: YE001
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System delivers network protection that is designed to:
- Stop threats before impact without sacrificing high-speed network performance
- Protect networks, servers, desktops, and revenue-generating applications from malicious threats
- Conserve network bandwidth and prevent network misuse and abuse from instant messaging and peer-to-peer file sharing
- Prevent loss of sensitive data and aid in compliance efforts
- Provide a platform for extensible security that can grow as threats evolve and help reduce the cost of deploying and managing point solutions
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7800 is IBM's newest flagship intrusion prevention system security appliance offering. Based on IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System Firmware V4.2, GX7800 includes key security features such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), web application protection, Injection Logic Protection, Shell Code Heuristics, virtual patch capabilities, and much more. These key features address network-related and application-related security issues and can greatly reduce the risks associated with a security breach.
- Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7800 delivers:
- Significant usability enhancements and a new local management interface, including ease-of-use wizards, to set up data security and web application security policies
- A dashboard that allows a single view of health, protection, and network statistics along with patch management statistics and log evidence
- Embedded data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities designed to help protect personally identifiable information, including eight specific DLP rules that can be used to monitor and help prevent leakage of personally identifiable information
- Integration with IBM Rational® AppScan for enhanced web application policy tuning
- Full IPv6 capabilities, including IPv6 administrative management of the appliance, display of IPv6 events, display of IPv6 source, and destination IP address
- Real-time right click event blocking designed to help you immediately respond to attacks
- Simplified management capabilities for virtual patching designed to provide immediate protection for all hosts on the network, helping to give administrators more time to deploy vendor patches
- Performance enhancements with newly released hardware
- Native 10 GB/1 GB small form-factor pluggable plus (SFP+) interface support
- Easy-to-install IBM Industrial design chassis with tool-less rack mounting
- Hardware attributes such as dual hot swap fans, hard drives and power supplies
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)-ready hardware
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
March 10, 2011
Back to top
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System GX7800 is designed to help stop Internet threats before they impact your business. Preemptive protection, or protection that works ahead of the threat, is available from IBM through its proprietary combination of line-speed performance, security intelligence, and a modular extensible protection engine that can add new layers of protection as threats evolve.
The IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System protection engine employs multiple intrusion prevention technologies working in tandem to help monitor, detect, or block these classes of network threats:
- Application attacks
- Attack obfuscation
- Cross-site scripting attacks
- Data leakage
- Database attacks
- Denial of service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Drive-by downloads
- Insider threats
- Instant messaging
- Malicious media files
- Operating system attacks
- Protocol tunneling
- SQL injection attacks
- Web browser attacks
- Web server attacks
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A U.S. Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) containing details on accessibility compliance can be requested at
Back to top
|IBM Electronic Services|
IBM has transformed its delivery of hardware and software support services to help you achieve higher system availability. Electronic Services is a web-enabled solution that offers an exclusive, no-additional-charge enhancement to the service and support available for IBM servers. These services are designed to provide the opportunity for greater system availability with faster problem resolution and preemptive monitoring. Electronic Services comprises two separate, but complementary, elements: Electronic Services news page and Electronic Services Agent.
The Electronic Services news page is a single Internet entry point that replaces the multiple entry points traditionally used to access IBM Internet services and support. The news page enables you to gain easier access to IBM resources for assistance in resolving technical problems.
The Electronic Service Agent is no-additional-charge software that resides on your server. It monitors events and transmits system inventory information to IBM on a periodic, client-defined timetable. The Electronic Service Agent automatically reports hardware problems to IBM. Early knowledge about potential problems enables IBM to deliver proactive service that may result in higher system availability and performance. In addition, information collected through the Service Agent is made available to IBM service support representatives when they help answer your questions or diagnose problems. Installation and use of IBM Electronic Service Agent for problem reporting enables IBM to provide better support and service for your IBM server.
To learn how Electronic Services can work for you, visit
Back to top
For pricing information, contact your IBM Security representative at 1-800-776-2362.
Back to top
To order, contact your local IBM representative or your IBM Business Partner.
To identify your local IBM Business Partner or IBM representative, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the Americas Call Centers.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255) Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329) For IBM representative: email@example.com For IBM Business Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail: IBM Teleweb Customer Support ibm.com(R) Sales Execution Center, Americas North 3500 Steeles Ave. East, Tower 4/3 Markham, Ontario Canada L3R 2Z1 Reference: YE001
The Americas Call Centers, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
Electronic Service Agent is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM and Rational are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page