Preview: IBM PureData System for Hadoop H1001 helps simplify big data for the enterpriseIBM United States Software Announcement 213-186
April 2, 2013
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM® PureData System for Hadoop H1001 is the newest member of the IBM PureSystem family. It is a purpose-built, standards-based expert integrated system that architecturally integrates IBM InfoSphere® BigInsights' Apache Hadoop-based software, server, and storage into a single, easy-to-manage system.
Highlights of IBM PureData System for Hadoop H1001:
- Built-in expertise to help accelerate big data time to value that offers:
- Fast deployment, ready to load data in hours
- Built-in visualization
- Exceptional social data, machine data, and text analytics application accelerators
- A simplified experience to help simplify big data adoption and consumption
- Single console for full system administration
- Rapid software updates with automation
- Single vendor support
- Integration by design for implementation of enterprise-class Hadoop
- Integrated bidirectional archive and restore
- Built-in analytics development environment
Back to top
IBM PureData System for Hadoop H1001 is built to optimize Apache Hadoop data services for big data analytics and online archive with appliance simplicity.
IBM PureData System for Hadoop combines IBM InfoSphere BigInsights and IBM System x® hardware for an integrated Hadoop system. It delivers enterprise Hadoop capabilities with easy-to-use analytic tools and visualization for business analysts and data scientists. It includes rich developer tools, powerful analytic functions, and exceptional administration and management capabilities, as well as the latest versions of Hadoop and associated projects. In addition, IBM PureData System for Hadoop provides extensive capabilities with enhanced big data tools for monitoring, development, and integration with many more enterprise systems.
IBM PureData System for Hadoop:
- Provides an exploratory environment for data analysts to help understand new and emerging data sources
- Provides a landing area for data from other sources, enabling aggregation, initial integration, visualization, and exploration before data moves to other parts of the analytic ecosystem
- Provides an integrated management console for the entire system
- Provides built-in analytics and enterprise functionality, on top of Hadoop technology, to help meet big data enterprise requirements
- Integrates advanced hardware cluster management capabilities with IBM InfoSphere BigInsights
- Incorporates integrated data archiving and transfer capabilities with connectivity to enterprise data warehouse systems
- Integrates with IBM DB2® , IBM Netezza® , IBM PureData System for Analytics, and IBM InfoSphere Guardium®
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
Second half, 2013
Previews provide insight into IBM plans and direction. Availability, prices, ordering information, and terms and conditions will be provided when the product is announced.
Back to top
IBM PureData System for Hadoop can be used with other IBM products for advanced analytics and a more comprehensive information management strategy. It delivers simple-to-use, robust administration and management capabilities, rich developer tools, built-in powerful analytic functions, and the latest open source components from Apache Hadoop and associated projects.
IBM PureData System for Hadoop offers simplicity, flexibility, and consumability in a single integrated system.
IBM PureData System for Hadoop incorporates an integrated management console for the entire system. Through this console, users and administrators can manage almost all aspects of the system; for example, monitoring status of MapReduce jobs, developing and performing analytics, setting user access privileges and permissions, monitoring hardware, data archiving capabilities, and a number of other capabilities.
IBM PureData System for Hadoop integrates with other IBM and third-party products to support advanced analytics and data archiving and transfer, which enables a greater overall information management strategy. It lets you combine traditional data warehouse analysis with dynamic insights from unstructured and semi-structured data by integrating with:
- IBM DB2
- IBM Netezza
- IBM PureData System for Analytics
- IBM PureData System for Operational Analytics
- IBM InfoSphere Streams
- Other popular enterprise data warehouse systems
IBM PureData System for Hadoop offers a variety of capabilities to help users address their big data requirements. Key capabilities include:
- Text analytics development - provides an enhanced user experience for developing text analytics applications by delivering easy-to-use navigation of result views, sorting and filtering, and pattern discovery and progress reporting.
- Developer tools - outstanding built-in support for text analytics, support for local mode MapReduce development, easy deployment of applications, and automatic creation of Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) connections to Hadoop Hive data sources.
- Machine data analytics development - helps you to analyze various types of machine data, such as system logs, to gain business insights. It:
- Provides the capability to ingest, parse, and extract machine data.
- Analyzes the data to generate insights such as patterns and correlations.
- Provides faceted search capability to more easily find and navigate through large volumes of machine data.
- Supports visualization of the data and the results of the analysis.
- Social data analytics development - helps you to analyze various types of social media data to gain key insights about consumer sentiment and purchase intent. Then, this information can be leveraged to build applications for lead generation and brand management.
- BigSheets web console - a built-in, spreadsheet-like visualization tool to help users analyze data without MapReduce code. The new chart customization features help make it effortless to access and manipulate data the way you want. New sheets, macros, and readers make it possible to access more data and analyze it in new ways, giving you more control and improved browsing capabilities for Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and Network File System (NFS) files. The addition of new application input parameter types helps make applications easy to run.
- Applications - a new application for Apache HBase helps make it easy for users to access HBase directly from the IBM PureData System for Hadoop web console and view results in BigSheets.
Business Partner information
If you are a Direct Reseller - System Reseller acquiring products from IBM, you may link directly to Business Partner information for this announcement. A PartnerWorld ID and password are required (use IBM ID).
Back to top
|Statement of general direction|
The initial offering will be a full rack, with plans to support both smaller entry points and larger configurations to follow.
IBM's statements regarding its plans, directions, and intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice at IBM's sole discretion. Information regarding potential future products is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The information mentioned regarding potential future products is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code, or functionality. Information about potential future products may not be incorporated into any contract. The development, release, and timing of any future features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion.
Back to top
For information about IBM InfoSphere BigInsights , refer to Software Announcement 212-442, dated November 13, 2012 .
Back to top
United States of America (USA) and the USA territory of Puerto Rico.
PureData and BigInsights are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, InfoSphere, System x, DB2 and Guardium are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page