IBM i5/OS V5R4 improves system availability and price performance
January 31, 2006
Announcement Letter Number: A06-0115
Document's Table of Contents:
- Program number
- At a glance
- Key prerequisities
- Systems management
- iSeries Access and Operations Console
- Performance tools
- System i5 print/output management
- System i5 security
- Business continuity
- Application development and Java
- Java Toolbox
- Additional operating system enhancements
- Web Services
- Software serviceability and electronic customer support
- Infrastructure simplification
- Apache Web Server
- NetWare Enhanced Integration (Option 25)
- i5/OS upgrade charges
- Software Maintenance (SWMA) update
- Technical information
- Ordering information
- IBM Global Financing
The new release of i5/OS® , the integrated and reliable operating system for the IBM System i5 offerings, delivers many enhancements to a broad user community with significant improvements in the following areas:
- Integrated middleware
- Simplified IT infrastructure
- Security and compliance
- Business resiliency
i5/OS operating system is designed, built and tested as an integrated offering, which enables you to manage your business rather than your servers. The integrated nature of i5/OS operating system helps simplify the deployment, management, and serviceability of hardware and software solutions running on the system. Key technologies integrated within i5/OS operating system include:
- DB2 relational database
- Robust security and compliance capabilities
- Advanced networking technology
- WebSphere application server
- Straightforward system management of functions and interfaces
Combined with System i5 hardware, the resulting integrated hardware and software offering simplifies application deployment and helps reduce your business operational costs. This offering delivers solutions that are simpler and more cost effective to deploy in businesses of all sizes, especially small and mid-sized businesses.
i5/OS operating system also includes mainframe-class work management and virtualization capabilities designed for the requirements of large enterprises. The robust and consistent base for ISV innovation and unparalleled binary compatibility leverage the long-term investments of both the business customer and application solution providers.
Planned availability date: February 14, 2006
5722-SS1 i5/OS 5733-SPP IBM Software Maintenance for i5/OS, one year Registration 5733-SP3 IBM Software Maintenance for i5/OS, three year Registration 5733-SPE Software Maintenance for i5/OS, three year Extended Registration 5733-MAL Maintenance After License 5722-SSA IBM i5/OS Additional Processor License, Per-Processor Maint
(TM) Trade-mark owned by International Business Machines Corporation and is used under license by IBM Canada Ltd.
® Registered trade-mark of International Business Machines Corporation and is used under license by IBM Canada Ltd.
(**) Company, product or service name may be a trade-mark or service mark of others.
Highlights of i5/OS V5R4 include:
- Improved application portability with new Java(TM) Virtual Machine
- Improved security and compliance with integrity protection, network intrusion detection and auditing enhancements
- Improved integration with Web applications
- Simplified application development with free-format SQL in RPG applications
- Improved workload management with enhancements to i5/OS subsystems
- Support for SNA applications over IP networks with Enterprise Extenders
- Simplified Web administration and performance management
- Simplified database performance management and index maintenance
- Enhanced capabilities and simplified management of business continuity solutions
- Improved management and retention of printed information
- Enhanced cluster resource services for high availability
- Networking enhancements including establishment of VPNs through network address translation (NAT) firewalls and additional IPv6 support
- iSeries models 270, 800, 810, 820, 825, 830, 840, 870, 890, SB2 and SB3
- eServer i5 models 520, 550, 570 and 595
- System i5 models 520, 550, 570 and 595
- IBM eServer p5 model 9117-570 or 9119-590 servers configured with 1.65 GHz POWER5 processor or p5 model 9119-595 server configured with 1.65GHz or 1.9GHz POWER5 processors
DB2 Universal Database for iSeries continues its position as a leader in ease of use and integration by extending the tools used to more easily manage and use the database. DB2 On Demand Performance Centre, included with iSeries Navigator, allows you to easily analyze and improve the indexing strategy on your system by reviewing the indexes advised systemwide by the optimizer, looking at indexes that are not being used, and managing index rebuilds.
The "always on" diagnostic information in the SQL plan cache enables you to do query performance analysis and comparisons from one point in time to another without the overhead of a database monitor. With the DB2 Health Centre, also part of iSeries Navigator, you can track your environment against system limits, including archiving of that information to do trend analysis.
V5R4 delivers one of the first major databases to satisfy all of the core components of the 2003 SQL Standard, demonstrating the i5/OS commitment to open standards.
DB2 UDB for iSeries expands its support of data warehouse workloads in V5R4, building on the unique attributes of the integrated database established in previous releases (encoded vector indexing, parallel I/O, automated real time statistics). V5R4 delivers additional SQL Syntax to support OLAP functions, improved Materialized Query Table support and recursive common table expressions.
Performance and scalability are boosted by the SQL Query Engine (SQE) handling more DB2 requests. SQL procedures, functions and triggers should receive a significant performance boost from advancements in the DB2 code generation engine. Additionally, enhancements in the operating system and in the XML Extenders code have shown between 50% and 90% improvements on some XML-based workloads. Limits such as the number of tables in a query, the size of an SQL statement, length of a column name and others give programmers more flexibility in their database design and implementation.
The availability of the database is enhanced with System Managed Access Path Protection (SMAPP) support for Encoded Vector Index (EVI) and resiliency improvements to the database cross reference file. Journaling is also easier in V5R4 with automatic journaling of sequence objects and automatic journal restart after database copies and restore processing.
Application portability and modernization
With support for free format in the RPG precompiler, RPG applications more easily integrate SQL with their current native database access. Additional SQL support such as Scalar Fullselect, Recursive CTE, ROW_NUMBER() allow for better portability across the DB2 family as well as from other databases. Extending XA support to DRDA enables ISVs to take advantage of distributed transactions through DRDA-based drivers such as the DB2 Universal JDBC driver within DB2 Connect Unlimited Edition for iSeries. Alter Procedure has been added to ease the versioning and maintenance of code delivered through stored procedures. There are plans to integrate more closely with the development and debug environments provided by the Development Centre suite of tools.
V5R4 includes new DB2 features that are not enabled for use with National Language Sort Sequence (NLSS). These SQL features are:
- Intersect and Except predicates
- Rank and DenseRank OLAP functions
- Scalar Fullselect
- Recursive common table expressions
For V5R4, IBM continues to extend the capability of cross-system management through the Virtualization Engine and IBM Director. The latest version of IBM Director (5.10) enables broader functional support for System i5 platform as well as deeper support through additional event management and inventory.
The Virtualization Engine console is also enhanced with new platform support and additional iSeries Navigator function is enabled on the Web. In addition to the V5R3 capability of accessing iSeries Navigator components by typing URLs into your browser, iSeries Navigator components are integrated into the Virtualization Engine Console. These iSeries Navigator functions are enabled as portlets within the Virtualization Engine Console to allow deeper drill-down for problem determination from the Virtualization Engine Health Console.
System i5 platform continues to expand the IBM systems management strategy in the following areas:
- IBM standard management using IBM Director enables you on System i5 family to monitor, send commands, collect inventory and perform other functions across multiple heterogeneous operating environments.
- Industry standard manageability using the DMTF standard Common Information Model (CIM) resource instrumentation allows common manageability across operating system environments and enables iSeries to be managed by many of the industry management solutions.
- Using a converged Web-based management console you can manage IBM software, storage and servers from a single place.
iSeries Access and Operations Console
iSeries Access for Windows, which includes the iSeries Navigator and
Operations Console functions, now also runs on AMD 64-bit and
Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EMT64T) processors.
For Operations Console, IOPLess LAN support means that the system console
can now plug into an integrated port on the System i5 product.
Additional IOAs and in some cases additional IOPs,
are no longer required, saving slots for other purposes.
Enhancements are also made to the ODBC, OLE DB and .NET providers.
For information on other enhancements for the
iSeries Access Family products,
Software Announcement A06-0116,
dated January 31, 2006.
i5/OS V5R4 includes enhancements to
Collection Services and PM System
i5 that enable the collection of additional performance instrumentation
that is essential for an emerging On Demand Environment.
Performance Explorer (PEX) offers additional collection
capabilities and improved performance.
The System i5 Workload Estimator is enhanced with
support for the new 5xx processor
enhancements, new upgrade paths,
sizing support for WebSphere, IBM workplace, OLTP and
other workloads on i5/OS V5R4. Several enhancements have been
made to the Workload Estimator for sizing disk solutions including
support for RAID-6 and new I/O controllers.
System i5 print/output management
Native save/restore spool file gives you a better, faster method
of saving and restoring spool files to and from backup media.
It saves and restores all attribute information and spool file identity
information. Auto deletion of spool
files includes a tool that enables you to more easily clean
up unnecessary spool files,
reducing the number of spool files on an output queue.
You can use standard 2D barcodes in documents when printing
them on ASCII printers.
You can also place constant text data anywhere
on a page in a document.
System i5 security
The new i5/OS intrusion detection system notifies you of attempts to hack into, disrupt or deny service. The function consists of a shared policy file parser with the Quality of Service (QoS or *QOS) TCP server that organizes and acts upon the conditions and actions from the parsed IDS policy file. Type of intrusions that are caught, discarded and audited include:
- Attacks: Malformed packets, IP fragments, SYN floods, restricted IP protocols, restricted IP options, perpetual echos and ICMP redirect attempts
- Scans: Scan events that are either classified as single isolated events or as part of a global scan
- Traffic regulation: Events that are statistically analyzed to determine that either a TCP or UDP interface might be the subject of a denial of service attack
Intrusion Monitor (entry type: IM) records are cut in the system audit journal (QSYS/QAUDJRN) for all of the listed intrusions based on an existing IDS policy file and threshold values.
New line of defense added to protect data:
All supported systems have enhanced hardware storage protection (HSP) capabilities. This stronger HSP "force field" is applied to most machine interface (MI) objects, even those that were created on previous releases.
- Hardware checks every attempted access against the protection attributes assigned to that particular storage.
- Only directly addressable spaces retain previous protection attributes that are appropriate to the direct nature of their intended uses. The encapsulated part of spaces are newly protected.
- All other objects, including database record and file system containers, are given stronger protection and are accessible only to Licensed Internal Code (LIC).
Nothing changes for valid programs because LIC already accesses MI objects on their behalf. In contrast, now even altered programs are denied back-door access.
Digital certificate management:
Digital certificate management changes for V5R4 include:
- Self-signed certificates with private keys can be assigned to application identifiers.
- Reverse order PKCS12 files cab be imported. This may be extended to "orderless" PKCS12 files.
- Target release for exporting certificates and creating certificates for another system are eliminated.
- Optional, overriding labels on server/client certificates are enabled when importing a PKCS12 file.
- Supports common crypto APIs for you to build your own hierarchical key management system. It also provides PKCS5 support, which derives a key from a passphrase.
- Brings the GUI for hardware crypto up to the latest CCA level.
- Supports two new modes of AES encryption, CTR and CCM.
- Supports HMAC for SHA256, 384 and 512 for systems designed with a security level of 128-bit or higher.
- Supports two new RSA signature formats, OEAP and ISO979602, that replace older formats.
- Adds crypto enabler support to the base.
With V5R4, i5/OS offers the second stage of a multistage delivery of IPv6 function. This release has an IPv6-capable TCP/IP stack that removes many of the restrictions that existed in the V5R2 and V5R3 IPv6 application development platform. Restrictions on the number of adapters that can support IPv6 are removed and all Ethernet adapters including 10/100 MB, Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and Virtual Ethernet can be used for IPv6 traffic. In addition, adapters can be shared between IPv4, IPv6 and PPPoE. Previously, separate Ethernet adapters were required to run IPv4, IPv6 and PPPoE concurrently. Along with the ability to share IPv4 and IPv6 over the same adapters, the i5/OS TCP/IP stack also includes the dual stack transition mechanism, which enables a server application to be developed on i5/OS that can seamlessly support both IPv4 and IPv6 clients simultaneously.
The need for other solutions is driven by forces such as networking equipment providers' discontinuance of adapters capable of carrying SNA traffic natively.
- Enterprise Extender, using a widely supported industry standard, allows most SNA-based applications to communicate over an IP network. Enterprise Extender is a strategic replacement for AnyNet on i5/OS for those who have adopted TCP/IP as their networking infrastructure but need to protect their investment in SNA-based applications. Enterprise Extender offers more capabilities than AnyNet with complete APPN function, the ability to transport alerts and the ability to support Dependent LU sessions to host systems, when used in conjunction with the Dependent LU Requester support on i5/OS.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) support on i5/OS is enhanced to establish VPNs that traverse one or more network address translation (NAT) firewalls. Previously, i5/OS VPN provided this ability when the i5/OS is the client/initiator of the VPN connection. Now, VPN support enables VPN NAT traversal when i5/OS takes the role of the server/responder of the VPN connection. With this enhancement, i5/OS VPN support provides a complete solution for allowing VPNs through NAT firewalls.
- Improvements to checksum processing include support for TCP/IP checksum offload when running over Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapters that support this feature. Enhancements are also made in the TCP/IP stack for optimizing TCP/IP checksum processing.
- Ability to define virtual IP addresses and assign the adapters allowed to perform Proxy ARP functions on behalf of virtual IP addresses. You can assign an alias name to a local IP interface. This function, along with CL command capabilities, enables you to change IP address assignments without having to change associated CL commands (for example, those defining network configurations or for starting and ending local IP interfaces).
With a new virtualization capability for backup/restore operations you can create virtual tape devices that enable reliable, high-speed backups directly to disk using your normal save/restore functions. This function can reduce the scheduled save windows, enabling increased scheduled production hours of operation. Virtual tape files can then be moved from disk to physical tape cartridges while end-user applications are in production. Other save/restore enhancements include:
- Ability to directly back up and recover spool files
- Use of parallel save and restore for files in the integrated file system
- Avoiding downtime associated with a periodic SAVSYS
Dual parity support within a disk array (RAID6) ensures a new level of data protection for continued operation even if two units fail in a RAID protected set of disks with appropriate hardware. System i5 SAN support is simplified, enabling additional options for IBM TotalStorage copy services. Other enhancements to availability include improved IPL recovery and journal performance and recovery.
Enhancements to cluster services include additional ease of use in managing critical resources in a highly available environment. With the new cluster administrative domain you can easily maintain the operational environment for business applications across a system cluster to ensure consistent application results. You can designate that certain configuration objects, environmental attributes and system values be maintained so that they have the same values across the administrative domain. If a change is made to one of these values on any node in the administrative domain, that change is propagated to all other administrative domain nodes.
A new type of cluster resource group supports additional application and management models such as stateless Web serving. The Peer CRG supports an environment where multiple nodes are involved in the recovery domain for a resource without the use of a primary or backup. All nodes in the recovery domain are equal in role and can provide access for the associated resources.
Data resilience technologies are enhanced.
To help ensure that all critical objects are covered by the logical
you can designate that new objects added to a library
be automatically journaled.
If you use cross-site mirroring,
changes made on the source
are tracked when geographic mirroring
This ability helps eliminate situations where
complete resynchronization between source and target needs to be done.
Several new commands
enable additional mechanisms to monitor
and manage IASPs. For example, you can observe the IASP vary on
Application development and Java
A new Java Virtual Machine (JVM) technology is included in i5/OS V5R4.
This new JVM technology is common on all IBM platforms and has improved
its capability to be modular, flexible,
For i5/OS operating system, this 32-bit JVM provides
a much smaller memory footprint that
especially benefits small to medium business (SMB)
applications on smaller servers.
This new JVM supports JDK 1.5 and does not require
any code change for the vast majority
of pure Java applications. The existing
JVM remains in i5/OS as a highly scalable JVM for JDK 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5.
Incremental enhancements have been made to the most popular components of the Java Toolbox and several new components have been added.
New components include:
- SaveFile component enables Java applications to work with "save files" located on the server. The Subsystem component similarly enables applications to query and manipulate subsystems.
- SignonHandler feature enables applications to plug in their own customized signon GUIs for use when the Toolbox needs to prompt for missing or changed signon information.
Enhanced JDBC functions:
Numerous enhancements to JDBC exploit recently introduced DB2 enhancements, including:
- 2 MB statement size
- 128-byte column name support
- Database host server trace support
- eWLM Correlator support
The JarMaker utility, which produces stripped-down versions of the
Toolbox JAR file, is enhanced for improved effectiveness and usability.
Additional operating system enhancements
i5/OS V5R4 continues to deliver enhancements to the CL application development language.
- Support for subroutines within a CL procedure
- New pointer (*PTR) data type for CL variables
- Ability to declare based (*BASED) variables whose storage depends on the address of the basing pointer
- Ability to declare defined (*DEFINED) variables whose storage depends on the CL variable being defined over.
i5/OS operating system includes new capabilities for managing the spooling of job logs. New work management options allow the spooling of job logs to be moved to a background job or indefinitely postponed. These options can significantly improve the performance of job termination.
The work management interfaces for displaying the call stack of a thread are updated to better support the variety of programs that can run on i5/OS operating system. Call stack entries for i5/OS PASE, Java(TM) and Licensed Internal Code are now available.
i5/OS subsystems are enhanced to use multiple threads
when performing I/O operations for workstation devices.
Subsystems (shutdown/recovery) that handle interactive workstations
are significantly improved in performance and reliability.
i5/OS operating system includes a Web Services
client for use by all ILE programs: RPG,
COBOL, C and C++.
The Web Services client consists of APIs based on the Apache
Software Foundation's Axis C++ 1.2, an implementation of
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
The Web Services client can be used by ILE programs,
such as RPG programs,
that need to
access Web Services.
Web Services client for Java programs is
WebSphere application server products such as WebSphere
Application Server - Express.
Software serviceability and electronic customer support
i5/OS operating system continues to enhance service and electronic customer support capabilities. These enhancements include:
- A user-specified program can be called when specific messages are sent to the system operator, the history log, a message queue or the joblog of a specific job, generic jobs or any job. Support personnel can be notified immediately of an application problem and capture sufficient information, at the time of the initial failure, to aid in problem determination and recovery.
- Autonomic enhancements within i5/OS operating system include the optional use of the monitoring capability to collect i5/OS problem determination data and to forward this information to IBM electronic customer support centres. This information can be used to identify (and retrieve) a PTF to correct the problem or to provide additional information to the support centre to aid in resolving the problem.
- Support for larger electronic PTF downloads, minimizing the need for physical media.
- Support for electronic delivery of PTFs as save files or optical image files.
- Support for acronyms when ordering PTF groups such as cumulative PTF packages (*CUMPKG), DB2 Universal Database (*DB2GRP), Java (*JVAGRP) to simplify PTF ordering.
- Support when ordering groups or cumulative packages to receive only those PTFs in the package not previously loaded on the system, minimizing the number of PTFs delivered electronically.
- Support for HTTP, HTTPs, and HTTP proxy in addition to the previous VPN support to enable more networking flexibility when communicating with IBM electronic customer support centres.
The i5/OS Integrated Server Support option 29 for i5/OS replaces the IBM iSeries Integration for Windows Server product. This new option delivers virtual storage, communications and operations management integration between i5/OS and integrated xSeries solutions and Linux and AIX 5L partitions for the System i5 family.
The Integrated Server Support option includes enhancements provided with i5/OS V5R4 to deliver:
- Virtual Ethernet support for Linux on xSeries systems attached by an Integrated xSeries Adapter
- Support for extending the size of a network server storage space
- Support for Windows Server 2003 Volume Shadow Copy Service, which can be used by Windows backup applications
- iSeries Navigator enhancements to deliver a consistent management interface for integrated xSeries systems and Linux and AIX 5L partitions
Apache Web Server
The enhancements to Apache Web Server include the following:
- New and existing directives allow CGI jobs to run in more than one language from a single Apache server.
- CGI job handling is enhanced by avoiding unnecessary conversions until the CGI CCSIDs and conversion mode are determined specific to the configuration.
- Log files are tagged with CCSID 1208 (UTF-8).
- Porting open source modules to i5 is easier.
NetWare Enhanced Integration (Option 25)
NetWare Enhanced Integration is available in V5R4 as a
feature that you can select from the configurator. This option has a
nonwarranted license with no committed support for V5R4.
i5/OS upgrade charges
The per processor charges for optional license entitlements for the
i5/OS operating system are
based on the specific i5 or p5 hardware
model on which the i5/OS operating system is installed.
Hardware upgrades from one model to another
(for example, an eServer i5 or
System i5 model 570 to 595) will result in a per processor software
upgrade charge for i5/OS V5R3 and V5R4.
Software Maintenance (SWMA) update
Software Maintenance is a key element of a complete System i5 solution. By offering software upgrade entitlement along with voice and, where available, electronic access to IBM's remote technical support resources, SWMA contributes to a successful System i5 server solution.
All new System i5 model purchases continue to include a minimum of one-year of SWMA coverage for the base quantity of i5/OS license entitlements included with the machine. New System i5 models include one year of SWMA coverage at no additional charge. Previously announced eServer i5 servers continue to include a priced minimum one year of SWMA coverage.
New System i5 models that include SWMA for the base quantity of i5/OS licenses at no additional charge are:
Machine Type Model Feature Base i5/OS Quantity 9405 520 8325 1 8327 1 9406 520 8325 1 8327 1 8330 1 9406 550 8312 1 9406 570 8338 1 9406 595 8966 4
Customers purchasing a new System i5 model may elect to enhance the provided SWMA converge by extending the SWMA coverage period to three years for an additional fee.
To help ensure uninterrupted SWMA entitlements and to avoid Maintenance After License charges, SWMA coverage must not be allowed to lapse.
The first year of SWMA coverage, included with the System i5 model purchase, may not be transferred to another machine.
Customers who upgrade to a new System i5 model do not receive SWMA coverage as part of the upgrade. They will continue with the months remaining on their existing SWMA coverage, if applicable.
Customers may extend their SWMA coverage through an IBM ITS service contract.
If their SWMA coverage has lapsed, they can purchase new SWMA coverage as well as any Maintenance After License charge.
These are available through an IBM ITS service contract.
Customers who upgrade to a machine in a higher software tier are subject to higher SWMA charges for the number of months left in their SWMA coverage. These higher charges apply to months remaining on SWMA coverage on the first year as well as any additional coverage that was acquired.
Credits or refunds for upgrades to a machine in a lower software tier or for discontinuance of a machine are not available for the following SWMA products (1):
5733-SU1/SX1(2) Software Maintenance for IBM eServer iSeries, one year coverage 5733-SU3/SX3(2) Software Maintenance for IBM eServer iSeries, three year coverage 5733-UX1 Software Maintenance for OS/400, i5/OS and selected products, one year coverage 5733-UX3 Software Maintenance for OS/400, i5/OS and selected products, three year coverage 5733-SPP Software Maintenance for OS/400, i5/OS and selected products, one year per processor license coverage 5733-SPE Software Maintenance for OS/400, i5/OS and selected products, three year per processor license extension coverage 5733-SP3 Software Maintenance for OS/400, i5/OS and selected products, three year per processor license coverage
(1) Terms and conditions for credits of SWMA fulfilled through an IBM ITS service contract are specified within the contract. (2) These SWMA offerings were withdrawn effective October 1, 2004
Refer to Software Announcement A04-0905, dated July 13, 2004.
All other SWMA terms and conditions remain unchanged.
Software Announcement A05-0890, i5/OS per processor Software
dated July 12, 2005,
for further details regarding terms and conditions for SWMA.
- iSeries models 270, 800, 810, 820, 825, 830, 840, 870, 890, SB2 and SB3
- eServer i5 models 520, 550, 570 and 595
- System i5 models 520, 550, 570 and 595
- IBM eServer p5 model 9117-570 or 9119-590 servers configured with 1.65 GHz POWER5 processor or the p5 model 9119-595 server configured with 1.65GHz or 1.9GHz POWER5 processors.
Orders may be placed by calling IBM Call Americas at 1-800-IBM-CALL (1-800-426-2255).
Upgrades From V5R3 to V5R4
An upgrade from a program on V5R3 to the V5R4 release is ordered with the applicable program number (for example, 5722-xxx) and the appropriate media and language feature numbers. No billing feature number is required on the order. This upgrade is no-charge, but it is only available if you have Software Subscription or Software Maintenance.
IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express
IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express for i5/OS is included with
at no additional charge, and you may deploy it to all i5/OS processors on
the target System i5 model. A copy of "IBM WebSphere Application Server -
should already be included in the package when you order i5/OS V5R4.
If the product is not included, you can obtain a copy of IBM
WebSphere Application Server - Express by ordering "IBM Web Enablement
for i5/OS" (5722-WE2).
Software Product Preload Specify Codes (5372-IS5)
Each Software Product Preload Specify Code represents a:
- 5722-xxx product
- 5769-xxx product
- 5733-xxx product
- Options for one of these products
Each order for the 5372-IS5 Software Preload Order must include specify code #1000 indicating 5722-SS1 (i5/OS).
Additional specify codes contained in the list below can be included on the 5372-IS5 Preload Software Order. Each specify code is allowed once on the order with a quantity of one. When ordering an optional part of a product, the product base must also be included on the order.
Software Product Preload Specify Codes (5372-IS5)
Feature Description -------- -------------------------------- 0520 Model 520 Routing Code 0550 Model 550 Routing Code 0570 Model 570 Routing Code 0595 Model 595 Routing Code
1001 5722-AF1 Advanced Function Print Utilities for iSeries 1014 5722-AP1 Advanced DBCS Printer Support 1514 5722-AP1 AP1 Option 1 Advanced DBCS Printer Support 1002 5722-BR1 BRMS 1506 5722-BR1 BRMS Option 1 1507 5722-BR1 BRMS Option 2 1003 5722-CM1 Communications Utilities for i5/OS 1020 5722-CR1 Cryptographic Support 1021 5722-DB1 AS/400 System 38 Utilities 1004 5722-DE1 DB2 Universal Database Extenders 1025 5722-DFH CICS 1035 5722-DP4 Data Propagator Relational 7.0 for iSeries 1027 5722-DS1 AS/400 Business Graphics 6003 5722-ID1 InfoPrint Designer for iSeries 1006 5722-IP1 InfoPrint Server for iSeries 1546 5722-IP1 IP1 Option 1 1007 5722-JS1 IBM Job Scheduler for i5/OS 1030 5722-MG1 System View and Managed System Services for i5/OS 1008 5722-PT1 Performance Tools 1508 5722-PT1 PT1 Option 1 Performance Tools Manager 1509 5722-PT1 PT1 Option 2 Performance Tools Agent 1009 5722-QU1 Query 1032 5722-SM1 System Manager for i5/OS 1000 5722-SS1 i5/OS 1500 5722-SS1 Option 18 Media & Storage Extensions 1501 5722-SS1 Option 36 Print Services Facility 1-45 LPM 1502 5722-SS1 Option 37 Print Services Facility 1-100 LPM 1503 5722-SS1 Option 38 Print Services Facility Any Speed 1505 5722-SS1 Option 41 HA Switchable Resources 1545 5722-SS1 Option 42 HA Journal Performance 1515 5722-SS1 Option 23 OptiConnect 1517 5722-SS1 Option 26 DB2 Symmetric Multiprocessing 1518 5722-SS1 Option 27 DB2 MultiSystem 1011 5722-ST1 DB2 Query Manager & SQL Development Kit for iSeries 1015 5722-WDS WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries 6009 5722-WE2 Web Enablement for i5/OS 5.1 6010 5722-WE2 Web Enablement for i5/OS 6.0 1012 5722-XW1 iSeries Access processor-based 1013 5722-XW1 iSeries Access user-based
1520 5769-FNT Sonoran Serif Option 1521 5769-FNT SS Headliner Option 1522 5769-FNT Son San Serif Option 1523 5769-FNT SSS Headliner Option 1524 5769-FNT SSS Condensed option 1525 5769-FNT SSS Expanded option 1526 5769-FNT Mono Garamond Option 1527 5769-FNT Cntr Schoolbook Option 1528 5769-FNT PI and SPEC Option 1529 5769-FNT ITC Souvenir 1530 5769-FNT ITC Avtgrdgot Option 1531 5769-FNT Math and Science Option 1532 5769-FNT Data1 Option 1533 5769-FNT APL2 Option 1534 5769-FNT Opt Character Recogn Option 1535 5769-FN1 Japanese Option 1536 5769-FN1 Korean Option 1537 5769-FN1 Traditional Chinese Option 1538 5769-FN1 Simplified Chinese Option 1539 5769-FN1 Thai Option
5595 - Albanian Secondary Language 5554 - Arabic Secondary Language 5509 - Belgian English Secondary Language 5563 - Belgian Dutch Secondary Language 5566 - Belgian French Secondary Language 5580 - Brazilian Portuguese Secondary Language 5574 - Bulgarian Secondary Language 5581 - Canadian French Secondary Language 5512 - Croation Secondary Language 5575 - Czech Secondary Language 5526 - Danish Secondary Language 5523 - Dutch Secondary Language 5524 - English U/L SBCS 5538 - English U/C DBCS 5584 - English U/L DBCS 5502 - Estonian Secondary Language 5598 - Farsi Secondary Language 5525 - Finnish Secondary Language 5528 - French Secondary Language 5540 - French MNCS Secondary Language 5529 - German Secondary Language 5539 - German MNCS Secondary Language 5557 - Greek Secondary Language 5561 - Hebrew Secondary Language 5576 - Hungarian Secondary Language 5558 - Icelandic Secondary Language 5532 - Italian Secondary Language 5542 - Italian MNCS Secondary Language 5562 - Japanese Secondary Language
5530 -Japanese Universal Secondary Language (New for V5R4) 5586 - Korean Secondary Language 5506 - Loa Secondary Language 5504 - Latian Secondary Language 5503 - Lithuanian Secondary Language 5513 - Macedonian Secondary Language 5533 - Norwegian Secondary Language 5578 - Polish Secondary Language 5522 - Portuguese Secondary Language 5596 - Portuguese MNCS Secondary Language 5592 - Romanian Secondary Language 5579 - Russian Secondary Language 5514 - Serbian Secondary Language 5589 - Simplified Chinese Secondary Language 5511 - Slovenian Secondary Language 5594 - Slovakian Secondary Language 5531 - Spanish Secondary Language 5537 - Swedish Secondary Language 5572 - Thai Secondary Language 5587 - Traditional Chinese Secondary Language 5556 - Turkish Secondary Language 5505 - Vietnamese Secondary Language
Manufacturing Specify Codes
Feature Description -------- -------------------------------- 3530 V5R3M0 i5/OS 3535 V5R3M5 Machine Code 3540 V5R4M0 i5/OS 5000 Pre-Load 5050 Number of Startup/Standby processors
Each new System i5 order includes the following software.
5722 SS1 V5R4M0 i5/OS Opiton 0 i5/OS - Per Processor Pricing Key Option 1 i5/OS - Extended Base Support Option 2 i5/OS - Online Information Option 3 i5/OS - Extended Base Directory Support Option 5 i5/OS - System/36 Environment Option 6 i5/OS - System/38 Environment Option 7 i5/OS - Example Tools Library Option 8 i5/OS - AFP Compatibility Fonts Option 9 i5/OS - *PRV CL Compiler Support Option 12 i5/OS - Host Servers Option 13 i5/OS - System Openness Includes Option 14 i5/OS - GDDM #Option 18 i5/OS - Media and Storage Extensions Option 21 i5/OS - Extended NLS Support Option 22 i5/OS - ObjectConnect #Option 23 i5/OS - OptiConnect #Option 25 i5/OS - NetWare Enhanced Integration #Option 26 i5/OS - DB2 Symmetric Multiprocessing #Option 27 i5/OS - DB2 Multisystem Option 29 i5/OS - Integrated Server Support Option 30 i5/OS - Qshell Option 31 i5/OS - Domain Name System Option 33 i5/OS - Portable Application Solutions Environment Option 34 i5/OS - Digital Certificate Manager Option 35 i5/OS - CCA Crypto Service Provider #Option 36 i5/OS - PSF/400 1-45 IPM Printer Support #Option 37 i5/OS - PSF/400 1-100 IPM Printer Support #Option 38 i5/OS - PSF/400 Any Speed Printer Support Option 39 i5/OS - International Components for Unicode #Option 41 i5/OS - HA Switchable Resources #Option 42 i5/OS - HA Journal Performance Option 43 i5/OS - Additional Fonts # This software is only included if it is ordered.
The following are included with all i5/OS shipments.
Business Solutions HTTP Server Option 1 Triggered Cache Manager Toolbox for Java Developer Kit for Java Option 5 Java Developer Kit 1.3 Option 6 Java Developer Kit 1.4 Option 7 Java Developer Kit 5.0 Option 8 J2SE 5.0 32 bit Tivoli Management Agent TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities for i5/OS i5/OS Integration for Linux on xSeries Network Authentication Enablement for i5/OS iSeries Access for Windows iSeries Access for Wireless
All of the above listed Software will be included in the Software order.
LPAR systems are not preloaded.
IBM i5/OS (5722-SS1)
Other Charge Features
Feature Number -------
V5R4 Install, Bckup/Rec 8006
Feature Number -------
V5R4 Setup & Oper CD 7030
V5R4 i5/OS Supply 5839 V5R4 Machine Code (V5R4M0) 5840 V5R4 HA Journal 5930 V5R4 M&S Extensions 5931 V5R4 Opticonnect 5932 V5R4 DB2 Symm Multi 5933 V5R4 DB2 Multisystem 5934 V5R4 Netware Enh Int 5935 V5R4 PSF 1-45 5936 V5R4 PSF 1-100 5937 V5R4 PSF Anyspeed 5938 V5R4 HA Switch 5939
PricesPrices are subject to change without notice. GST, QST and Sales Taxes, where applicable, are extra.
IBM i5/OS (5722-SS1)
Other Charge Features
Feature Number Charge ------- -------
V5R4 Install, Bckup/Rec 8006 $80
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified customers to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software and services, both from IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all customer segments: small, medium and large enterprise), rates, terms and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or visit
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government customers. Rates are based on a customer's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type and options and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension or withdrawal without notice. For more financing information, please visit