Revised information: IBM Power E1050 technology-based serverIBM Asia Pacific Hardware Announcement AG22-0123
September 13, 2022
|Table of contents|
The following sections in Overview:
- IBM Cloud® Management Console (CMC) for Power®
- Open source cloud automation and configuration tooling for AIX®
- Securely connect system-of-record workloads and data-to-cloud native applications
for the IBM® Power E1050 (9043-MRX) server, as announced in Hardware Announcement AG22-0029, dated July 12, 2022, have changed. These sections have been revised as follows:
IBM Cloud Management Console (CMC) for Power
CMC is a cloud-native platform that provides apps that give powerful insights into your Power infrastructure across data centers and geographies. With no additional software or infrastructure setup, you can get single pane of glass views of your inventory, software levels, resource capacity utilization, as well as launch-in-context of your on-premises software, such as IBM PowerVC and IBM PowerHA®. Each new Power E1050 server purchase includes 12 months of CMC service, which can be renewed.
Open source cloud automation and configuration tooling for AIX
The Power E1050 enables you to take advantage of key packages to enable cloud automation, including:
- chef automation for configuration, deployment, and management. IBM is collaborating with clients in this community to provide useful resources for using chef with AIX systems.
- yum package management is available with repository access from both ftp and https protocols. rpm is also updated to enable automatic dependency discovery.
- cloud-init and all dependencies are available in the repository and includes support for licensed AIX users. For more information, see the AIX Toolbox for Open Source Software website.
Securely connect system-of-record workloads and data-to-cloud native applications
IBM API Connect® and IBM WebSphere® Connect provide secure connectivity to cloud-based applications, giving you the ability to rapidly develop new applications and services, thereby helping accelerate your time to value. IBM's Power to Cloud services can help you get started with these solutions and in designing new applications that leverage IBM Cloud. Cloud enables you to rapidly build, deploy, and manage your cloud applications, while tapping a growing ecosystem of available services and runtime frameworks. More information about the new cloud capabilities that come with the Power E1050 server is available on the IBM Power Enterprise Cloud Index website.
Back to top
September 13, 2022
Availability within a country is subject to local legal requirements.
Back to top
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, People's Republic of China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
IBM, Power, IBM Cloud, AIX, PowerHA, IBM API Connect and WebSphere are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or go to the IBM worldwide contacts page