IBM Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition 1.5 and IBM Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition 1.5 with AIX 7.2 deliver software enhancementsIBM United States Software Announcement 221-099
April 13, 2021
|Table of contents|
The bundled software components offered with IBM® Power® Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition 1.5 and IBM Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition 1.5 with AIX® 7.2 now include:
- IBM PowerVC for Private Cloud 2.0
- IBM PowerSC Standard 1.3
- IBM PowerSC MFA 1.3
- IBM VM Recovery Manager DR 1.5
- IBM Aspera® Endpoint 100 Mbps 1.0
- IBM Tivoli® Monitoring 6.3
The components have been enhanced as follows:
- PowerVC for Private Cloud 2.0 replaces IBM Cloud® PowerVC 1.0.
- VM Recovery Manager DR 1.5 supports IBM System Storage DS8000® and IBM Flash Storage solutions (IBM Storwize® and IBM FlashSystem® A9000 families), Dell EMC VMAX, Hitachi Universal Replicator, and Hitachi TrueCopy.
- IBM Aspera Endpoint 100 Mbps 1.0 product name and version is now updated.
- Tivoli Monitoring 6.3 is now included.
Clients with active Software Maintenance (SWMA) for earlier versions of Enterprise Cloud Edition are entitled to upgrade to version 1.5 at no charge. To update, download, or install, see the IBM Entitled Systems Support website.
The Cloud Management Console (CMC) entitlement with these editions is limited to 36 months of usage. To continue to use the CMC beyond that timeframe, you must purchase a new subscription of 5765-CMT for either a 3-month, 6-month, 12-month, 36-month, 48-month, or 60-month period.
For more information about PowerVC for Private Cloud 2.0, see Software Announcement 220-247, dated October 6, 2020.
Back to top
An IBM POWER8®, IBM POWER9, or later, technology-based server
Back to top
- April 16, 2021, for Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Editions
- June 11, 2021, for VM Recovery Manager DR 1.5
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5765-ECB||1.5.0||IBM Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition|
|5765-CBA||1.5.0||IBM Power Systems Enterprise Cloud Edition with AIX 7.2|
POWER9 is a trademark of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Power, AIX, Aspera, Tivoli, IBM Cloud, DS8000, Storwize, IBM FlashSystem and POWER8 are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or go to the IBM worldwide contacts page