IBM Rational Solution for Test Automation V9.1 delivers new capabilities for continuous testing and service virtualizationIBM Europe Software Announcement ZP17-0182
March 14, 2017
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
The modern enterprise deploys mobile and multichannel web applications to reach new customers and business opportunities. These applications are connected to corporate systems using a wide variety of middleware and integration platforms. IBM® Rational® Solution for Test Automation offers these benefits:
- Ensures the integrity and quality of these customer-reaching business processes.
- Saves time and cost with an integrated quality management platform that supports continuous application delivery.
Back to top
Rational Solution for Test Automation V9.1 helps to accelerate end-to-end testing of multichannel, interconnected applications, with new features for service virtualization, performance, and web UI testing.
An integral part of the Rational solution for DevOps, the Rational Test Workbench offerings enable continuous testing for faster software delivery across the enterprise. The offerings include the following:
- Rational Test Workbench
- Rational Test Virtualization Server
- Rational Performance Test Server
- Rational Performance Tester
- Rational Functional Tester
- Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality
Rational Test Workbench Web UI Tester is enhanced to maximize test coverage in the shortest possible time, by setting up distributed testing and running several Web UI tests and compound tests simultaneously on several remote computers, for several operating systems and browsers. The product now offers a native Jenkins integration that allows running Web UI tests on a Jenkins server and using a Jenkins build step. Rational Test Workbench Web UI now has improved browser navigation support with actions such as GotoURL, Maximize, and restore. It provides the ability to export a Web UI test to a text file and to split a Web UI or mobile test while recording from the annotations toolbar.
Service virtualization now supports the latest versions of many technologies. It also supports additional cloud functions; many new network protocols are now supported for use by virtual services running within Docker containers.
Rational Performance Tester has expanded its Web Analytics capabilities, including
- An Executive Summary
- Low Intensity Performance Testing trending charts
- Stacked bar charts
- Individual scales in graphs
- Enhanced usability for result comparisons
- An easy way to share URLs among team members
The HTTP test extension has added support for Google Web Toolkit 2.7 and 2.8. The HTTP and SOA test extensions have added Push support for HTTP/2 (beta). The ability to automatically generate pre- and post-processor code to test actions is now available.
Back to top
Requires Capilano Components (IBM Installation Manager and IBM Packaging Utility) and fix packs.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
March 16, 2017
Back to top
Rational Solution for Test Automation Version 9.0 includes the following offerings and capabilities:
Rational Test Workbench
- Integration with IBM API Connect
- Support for compressed content in messages
- Updated support for IBM WebSphere® Application Server, MQ, z/OS®, and Software AG webMethods
Mobile and Unified Web UI test automation
- Enhanced browser semantics
- GWT 2.7 and 2.8
- Ease of use and prioritized RFEs
- Web UI load testing in the cloud
- Private cloud load agents for performance testing
- Ease of use and prioritized requests for enhancements
Rational Test Virtualization Server and Rational Performance Test Server
- Virtual services hosted in Docker containers now support a wide variety of network protocols.
- Updated infrastructure provides more resiliency for virtual services.
Note: Rational Performance Test Server supports load and performance testing. It does not offer service virtualization. Depending on the license type you choose, Rational Test Virtualization Server can offer both load and virtualization.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A US Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), containing details about accessibility compliance, can be found on the IBM Accessibility website.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5725-G79||9.1.0||IBM Rational Test Workbench|
|5725-G94||9.1.0||IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server|
|5725-G93||9.1.0||IBM Rational Performance Test Server|
|5724-J96||9.1.0||IBM Rational Performance Tester|
|5724-S34||9.1.0||IBM Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality|
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express® website.
Back to top
Technical documentation can be found in IBM Knowledge Center.
Back to top
Global Technology Services
Contact your IBM representative for the list of selected services available in your country, either as standard or customized offerings for the efficient installation, implementation, or integration of this product.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Disk space: 3 GB of free disk space (full install)
Display: Minimum 1024 x 768 resolution by using 256 colors (or higher for best results)
Memory: 4 GB, or greater, of RAM
Processor: Minimum 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or equivalent
- AIX 7.1 POWER® System - Big Endian
- AIX 6.1 POWER System - Big Endian
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 x86-64
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x86-32
- RHEL 5.3 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL Server 6.2 IBM z Systems
- RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.2 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.5 Advanced Platform x86-64
- RHEL Workstation 6 x86-64
- RHEL 5.8 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5 Desktop editions x86-32
- RHEL 5 Server POWER System - Big Endian
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop x86-32
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11.0 x86-32
- RHEL 5.4 Advanced Platform x86-64
- SLED 11.0 x86-64
- RHEL 5.8 Advanced Platform x86-64
- RHEL Server 6.2 IA64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 x86-32
- RHEL Client 6 x86-32
- RHEL Server 6 IBM z Systems
- RHEL 5 Desktop editions x86-64
- RHEL 5.4 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.7 Advanced Platform x86-64
- RHEL Workstation 6 x86-32
- RHEL 5 Server x86-32
- RHEL 5.6 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.3 Server x86-32
- RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86-64
- RHEL 5.1 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.6 Advanced Platform x86-64
- RHEL Server 6 x86-32
- SLES 11 x86-64
- RHEL 5.4 Server x86-32
- RHEL 5 Server x86-64
- RHEL 5.3 Advanced Platform x86-64
- RHEL 5.2 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86-64
- RHEL Client 6 x86-64
- RHEL 5.5 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.1 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Ubuntu 8.04 LTS x86-32
- RHEL 5.7 Advanced Platform x86-32
- RHEL 5.5 Server x86-32
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 x86-64
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 x86-64
- OS X Lion 10.7.3 x86-64
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 x86-64
- iOS 8
- iOS 6.1
- Android 4.4
- Android 4.0
- Android 2.3
- Android 4.2
- iOS 8.1
- Android 4.3
- iOS 7
- iOS 7.1
- Android 4.1
- Solaris 10 SPARC
- Solaris 11 SPARC
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x86-32
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows 8 Professional x86-64
- Windows Vista Business x86-32
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows 8 Standard x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Vista Enterprise x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 Web Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation Edition x86-64
- Windows Vista Ultimate x86-32
- Windows Vista Enterprise x86-32
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86-32
- Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
- Windows 8 Enterprise x86-64
- Windows 8 Enterprise x86-32
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Vista Business x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows 8 Standard x86-32
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows 8.1 Standard x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows 8 Professional x86-32
- Windows 8.1 Professional x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Vista Ultimate x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows 8.1 Professional ARM
This offering is delivered through the Internet. There is no physical media.
This program, when downloaded from a website, contains the applicable IBM license agreement and License Information, if appropriate, and will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
Back to top
For ordering information, consult your IBM representative or authorized IBM Business Partner, or go to the http://www.ibm.com/software/support/pa.html website.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
|License ID||Document Name|
|L-LARN-AJ8P29||IBM Rational Service Tester for SOA Quality 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NZ2||IBM Rational Integration Tester Starter Edition 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NYK||IBM Rational Performance Tester Starter Edition 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NWA||IBM Rational Test Workbench Starter Edition 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NMT||IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NM8||IBM Rational Performance Test Server 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NLF||IBM Rational Functional Tester 220.127.116.11|
|L-LARN-AJ8NKR||IBM Rational Performance Tester 9.0.1|
|L-LARN-AJ8NJB||IBM Rational Test Workbench 18.104.22.168|
See the License Information documents page on the IBM Software License Agreement website for more information.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Software Support Handbook.
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support, also referred to as Software Maintenance, is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Software Support Handbook. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
Unless specified otherwise in a written agreement with you, IBM does not provide support for third-party products that were not provided by IBM. Ensure that when contacting IBM for covered support, you follow problem determination and other instructions that IBM provides, including in the IBM Software Support Handbook.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
System i Software Maintenance applies
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Education allowance does not apply. Education software allowance does not apply.
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a lawful, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBMid and password are required to access the https://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paoreseller website.
For all local charges, contact your IBM representative.
Back to top
All European, Middle Eastern, and African countries, except Islamic Republic of Iran, Sudan, and Syrian Arab Republic.
IBM API Connect and IBM z Systems are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, Rational, WebSphere, Global Technology Services, Passport Advantage, System i, z/OS, Express, AIX and POWER are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Oracle and Java are trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates in the United States, other countries, or both.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page