IBM UrbanCode Build V6.1.3 offers UI improvements for enterprise-level scalability and extends integration with popular third-party toolsIBM United States Software Announcement 217-301
June 20, 2017
|Table of contents|
|At a glance|
IBM UrbanCode Build V6.1.3 delivers:
- Ability to restore earlier versions of plugins
- Ability to integrate with Artifactory, Node Package Manager, Cucumber, and Jira software
- Ability to delete users
- Improved compatibility with UrbanCode Deploy V6.2.3, and later
- Improved server-agent message processing performance
- Ability to record user's last login date
- Added functionality in UrbanCode Build client
Back to top
IBM UrbanCode Build V6.1.3 is a continuous integration and build management solution for the enterprise to:
- Allow central administration teams to define build templates that distributed development teams can easily reuse to:
- Deliver central IT control the speed developers need.
- Lower administrative overhead.
- Provide leading dependency management capabilities to facilitate cascade builds across a dependency graph.
- Customize reporting to allow a unique view of quality across the enterprise.
Back to top
Supports Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
June 23, 2017
Back to top
New capabilities in UrbanCode Build V6.1.3 include:
- Ability to restore earlier versions of plugins.
- Ability to integrate with Artifactory. Upload to or download from Maven Artifactory repositories.
- Ability to integrate withNode Package Manager. Execute different Node Package Manager commands, such as update, install, uninstall, and publish.
- Ability to integrate with Jira. Migrate to use Jira's REST API and drop support for SOAP API.
- Improved compatibility with UrbanCode Deploy V6.2.3, and later. Avoid intermittent failures when uploading artifacts from UrbanCode Build.
- Improved server-agent message processing performance. Prevent potential message duplication.
- Ability to record user's last login date in database. Help to determine which user accounts have not been recently used so that they can be de-activated.
- New functionality in UrbanCode Build client. Manage users and teams and also to assign labels, statuses, and stamps to build lives.
- Ability to delete latent users.
Accessibility by people with disabilities
A US Section 508 Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), containing details about accessibility compliance, can be found on the IBM® Accessibility website.
Back to top
For details on UrbanCode Build, refer to Software Announcement 215-528, dated December 8, 2015.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5725-P57||6.1.3||IBM UrbanCode Build|
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express® website.
Back to top
Technical documentation can be found in IBM Knowledge Center.
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of our lab-based, software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of our IBM Global Services team. Also, we extend our IBM Software Services reach through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. Together, we provide the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services, contact your Lab Services Sales or Delivery Leader.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
- Disk space: 300 MB minimum. Total disk space requirements depend on usage, retention policies, and application types. For production environments, the following guidelines can be used to estimate storage requirements:
- Artifact repository storage calculation: Average artifact size, times the number of versions imported per day, times the average days before cleanup
- Database storage: 1 MB per build
Note: Varies by build process. This is used for general sizing.
- Memory: Minimum required: 2 GB, with 512 MB available. For production usage, minimum recommended is 8 GB.
- Network: Adapters, drivers, and protocols: Gigabit Ethernet with low-latency to the database.
- Processor: Minimum required: Single core, 1.5 GHz processor.
For production usage, minimum recommended is 2 CPUs, with 2 or more cores for each.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 8 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 10 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 7 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 1 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 9 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 3 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 3 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 2 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 2 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 5 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 7 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 9 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 2 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 1 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 4 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 1 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 3 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 6 Update 4 x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 5 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 8 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 10 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 6 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 6 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 5 Advanced Platform x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5 Update 4 Server x86-64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server 7 x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Enterprise Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter Edition x86-64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition x86-64
IBM UrbanCode Build
This program, when downloaded from a website, contains the applicable IBM license agreement and License Information, if appropriate, which will be presented for acceptance at the time of installation of the program. For future reference, the license and License Information will be stored in a directory such as LICENSE.TXT.
Back to top
|Program name||Part number or PID number||Charge metric|
|IBM UrbanCode Build||5725-P57||Floating User Single Install|
Floating User Single Install
Floating User Single Install is a unit of measure by which the Program can be licensed. A Floating User is a person who is accessing the Program at any particular point in time. An Install is an installed copy of the Program on a physical or virtual disk made available to be executed on a computer. The Program may be installed on any number of computers or servers, but if the Floating User simultaneously accesses more than one Install of the Program, the Floating User requires a separate entitlement for each such Install. Licensee must obtain separate entitlements for each Floating User simultaneously accessing the Program on each Install in any manner directly or indirectly (for example: via a multiplexing program, device, or application server) through any means.
Note: Some programs may be licensed where devices are considered users. In that case the following applies: Any computing device that requests the execution of or receives for execution a set of commands, procedures, or applications from the Program or that is otherwise managed by the Program is considered a separate User of the Program and requires an entitlement as if that device were a person.
Back to top
|Terms and conditions|
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance
These programs are licensed under the IBM Program License Agreement (IPLA) and the associated Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance, which provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. These programs have a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
See the License Information documents page on the IBM Software License Agreement website for more information.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information on known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Software Support Handbook/
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support, also referred to as Software Maintenance, is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Software Support Handbook. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
Unless specified otherwise in a written agreement with you, IBM does not provide support for third-party products that were not provided by IBM. Ensure that when contacting IBM for covered support, you follow problem determination and other instructions that IBM provides, including in the IBM Software Support Handbook.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through intrusion prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a regulatory compliant, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
If you are an IBM Business Partner -- Distributor for Workstation Software acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBMid and password are required to access the IBM Passport Advantage website.
IBM UrbanCode and UrbanCode are trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
IBM, PartnerWorld, Passport Advantage and Express are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page