IBM Maximo Application Suite V8.0 offers a focused, integrated solution suite that provides asset monitoring and maintenance in a single platformIBM United States Software Announcement 220-170
May 29, 2020
|Table of contents|
IBM® Maximo® Application Suite offers a single point of access to a full suite of asset lifecycle management capabilities. It streamlines installation and administration, while enhancing the user experience with shared data, workflow, and user experience. Infused with artificial intelligence (AI), this offering is purpose-built to accelerate digital transformation of traditional asset maintenance into AI-driven maintenance.
Maximo Application Suite also provides the flexibility to shift usage across applications using a simplified, suite-based licensing structure. Starting with Maximo Asset Management, and expanding access to asset performance management applications, like Maximo Monitor, you can enable your organization to obtain operational visibility of assets through their lifecycle with faster ROI, increased productivity, and operational uptime.
Maximo Application Suite V8.0 offers:
- An integrated suite, enabling easier access to a full suite of asset lifecycle applications with flexibility to start at any point in the asset lifecycle and expand into other areas
- Enhanced data sharing across those applications accelerate the digital transformation
- Usage flexibility in the integrated suite to access applications without requiring any additional provisioning
- Deployment flexibility through Red Hat® OpenShift® and hybrid cloud, enabling diverse options for provisioning Maximo Application Suite across multiple clouds
With the advantages of a scalable solution set, version 8.0 of Maximo Application Suite is designed to accelerate your organization's digital journey and optimize asset management:
- Enable more effective decision-making with single sign-on, and enhanced user experience.
- Simplify deployment to support business growth, enabling your organization to take advantage of usage-based licensing to start small, with only the solutions that you need. As your organization grows, you can choose the deployment model that works best for your business needs and IT strategy, whether on premises or on your cloud of choice, by using the run-anywhere mode in Red Hat OpenShift.
- Reduce administration burden with common and consistent application management and componentized architecture built for scale and availability.
To learn how IBM can host and manage the Maximo Application Suite for your enterprise, see Software Announcement 220-237, dated May 29, 2020.
Back to top
- IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1, or later
- IBM Maximo Application Suite V8.0.0, or later
Back to top
June 26, 2020
Back to top
IBM Maximo Application Suite V8.0 (5737-M66)
Includes Maximo asset management and monitoring applications that consists of:
- IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1, or later
- IBM Maximo Monitor V8.0.0, or later
Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1 provides robust asset lifecycle management and maintenance management functionality that helps organizations improve asset life and lower cost of ownership.
Selected latest releases and interim feature releases of Maximo Asset Management industry-specific and add-on products are supported as compatible with the following offerings in Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1 that are included with Maximo Application Suite V8.0, include:
Maximo Asset Management industry solutions:
- IBM Maximo for Utilities
- IBM Maximo for Oil and Gas
- IBM Maximo Nuclear Power
- IBM Maximo for Transportation
- IBM Maximo for Aviation
- IBM Maximo for Civil Infrastructure
Maximo Asset Management add-ons:
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler Plus
- IBM Maximo Linear Asset Manager
- IBM Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers
- IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager
- IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
- IBM Maximo Calibration
- IBM Maximo Spatial Asset Management
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications
- IBM Maximo Anywhere
IBM Maximo Asset Management
Maximo Asset Management unifies comprehensive asset lifecycle and maintenance management activities, providing insight into all enterprise assets, their conditions and work processes to achieve better planning and control.
Capabilities of Maximo Asset Management include:
Work management: Asset-intensive organizations need to be able to centrally manage planned and unplanned work activities, from initial request through completion and recording of actuals. Mobile workers need to accomplish more in the field, from reading meters, to capturing electronic signatures, to using bar code and RFID capabilities for asset tracking and management. The right combination of features can streamline work processes for increased productivity.
Asset management: An effective asset management solution must manage and optimize the use of all assets to achieve greater asset availability, reliability, and performance. The result is the ability to extend the asset's life because assets are better maintained. The ability to gather and analyze data about asset operations allows an organization to move from corrective maintenance (repairs made after a problem occurs) to preventive maintenance (scheduled repairs based on experience). The last step is a move to predictive maintenance (repairs made because data for a particular asset indicates that a failure is imminent).
Planning and scheduling: Planners and schedulers are at the heart of optimized work processes. To lower maintenance costs and improve resource usage, personnel need to be able to graphically view all work orders and preventive maintenance schedules on a Gantt chart. Intuitive navigation through work orders can help dispatchers manage task and work dependencies.
Crews dispatched for special jobs in remote locations have an acute need for the proper skills, tools, and documentation, which is an expensive strategy used in the most critical situations. In addition, the ability to locate and track field resources on a public map can help improve workforce management and help increase the efficiencies of emergency work.
Supply chain management: As traditional business assets become more technology-enabled, operations and IT functions are increasingly converging in today's fast-paced business and technology environments. As a result, one way to effectively manage operational applications is to consolidate them. Organizations that seek to better manage their supply chains must:
- Find support that can manage a wide variety of asset types and maintenance information
- Establish a single technology system to manage virtually all asset types and information (for example, production, linear, facilities, transportation and infrastructure) including calibration support and use of mobile capabilities
- Have an integrated asset management solution that enables optimal return on assets, complies with regulations, and helps minimize risk
- Be able to develop smarter processes and provide users with an innovative, fully integrated supply chain management system designed for asset intensive industries
Health and safety: The primary objectives of health, safety, and environment initiatives are to reduce overall risk, to assist clients in their compliance with appropriate regulations, and to help clients create a safe and efficient operating environment in which assets are used. Achieving these objectives are as much about standardizing health, safety, and environmental practices as integrating these practices with day-to-day operations management.
Mobility: The widespread adoption of mobile technologies requires today's engineers, field technicians, and other business staff to use smart mobile devices to get their work done. These workers need to complete their projects within an optimized, IT-approved environment. By taking advantage of device-specific capabilities such as photos and voice-to-text features, mobile solutions allow technicians to capture the right information at the right time.
IBM Maximo Asset Management has options that addresses the special needs of industries:
Utilities: Provides special capabilities for linear assets, configuration management, and crew schedule or dispatching based on geospatial visual management tools. Suitable for transmission and distribution in water and wastewater, gas, and electric power.
Oil and gas, mining, and metals: Focuses on operational excellence by helping clients integrate safety, reliability, compliance, and performance into work management. Reduces costs through standardization, collaboration, and the adoption of better operational practices.
Manufacturing: Helps industries such as automotive, aerospace and defense, electronics or industrial products, food and beverage, or consumer products manage all their assets and maintenance activities. Uses concepts such as proper Lean Six Sigma terminology and complements product lifecycle management requirements.
Life sciences: Helps monitor, track, and manage equipment, facilities, mobile, and IT-enabled assets. Integrates with IBM Maximo Calibration to manage tools, traceability, and management of e-signature and gold standards. Documentation packages help clients meet their complex compliance requirements from the FDA and to provide support in validation projects.
Healthcare: Helps manage the complex relationship between facilities and equipment readiness. Tracks and locates critical assets, monitors facility conditions, helps clients comply with reporting requirements, and integrates with operational health information systems.
Nuclear power: Helps nuclear organizations manage work and asset management regulations through detailed state management, workflows, escalations and e-signature. Suitable to assist in the management of client activities within stringent regulatory environments due to compliance, health, safety, and security.
Transportation: Provides detailed asset configuration management, fuel management, drivers' logs, and bay scheduling tools to help improve the availability and use of critical transportation assets in organizations operating rail, road, and air traffic or logistics.
Service providers: Helps manage profitability and SLAs by linking customer service commitments with field teams delivering services. Related service management activities for multiple customers are managed in a single cloud- based deployed instance accessible by an Android or Apple mobile device.
For more information about compatibility and coexistence for Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1 and the Maximo Asset Management add-ons and industry solutions entitlement that is included with Maximo Application Suite, see the IBM Maximo Product Configuration Matrix.
Maximo Asset Management industry solutions
IBM Maximo for Utilities
IBM Maximo for Utilities helps enable customers in the electric, gas, and water utility industries to efficiently and effectively manage all their assets used in the transmission and distribution of electricity, gas, and water. The solution addresses key business challenges by optimizing asset performance, assisting clients in complying with industry regulations, and leveraging industry best practices. This solution is configurable to help customers keep pace with the ever-changing business and regulatory requirements of utilities. Additional capabilities have been added to support advanced planning and scheduling in IBM Maximo for Utilities including CPM for Crews, and Work Crew Gantt View. Further development of this product is now focused on supporting IUN/ Smart Grid features for a smarter planet.
Maximo Oil and Gas
Helps transform business models by integrating work and asset management, assisting clients with meeting its health and safety requirements, and integrated operations in a way that becomes essential for oil and gas businesses. The new releases can help businesses improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, help businesses meet their quality and safety requirements, and their regulatory and compliance standards.
Key features and capabilities of Maximo Oil and Gas and Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager are:
- IBM Maximo Incident Reporter mobile application. The new Maximo Incident Reporter mobile application enables you to quickly capture the details for incidents, hazards, or safety observations by using your mobile devices and by leveraging the IBM Maximo Anywhere mobile solutions. You can quickly create incident records and upload attachments, such as photographs, to the Maximo server. Additional details and incident follow up are entered in the Incidents application of Maximo Asset Management.
- Isolation Management application. To efficiently manage the work activities around isolating assets or locations that operate in a potentially dangerous environment, you can use the new Isolation Management application. By using this application, you can create isolation certificates that provide a system of control to assist client with its plant and personnel safety procedures.
- Operational Actions application. To efficiently manage the actions that are assigned to you or to your group, across multiple applications, you can use the Operational Actions application. By using this new application, you can manage all of the actions for any Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager application for which actions are defined. You can review the actions that are to be completed, mark actions as complete, and add actions to an application. You can also create queries that are based on search fields that you choose and create reports from those queries.
- Operator Log Book application. With this new application, you can review all of the shift logs and their entries that relate to an asset or a location. Operator log books link shift logs together into a log book. An operator log book facilitates the organization of shift logs. Personnel who are taking over from an earlier work shift can review the progression of events and be aware of the possible need for action.
- Ticket Templates application. Applying standardized templates to common and high-volume tickets saves time by letting the system populate values from the template into fields on the ticket. You create and manage templates using the new Ticket Templates application. You can also add frequently used ticket templates to your Quick Insert portlet.
IBM Maximo for Nuclear Power
IBM Maximo for Nuclear Power is a robust enterprise asset management system that helps manage the lifecycle of assets of nuclear plants and fleets. It streamlines and automates key asset management processes while providing a single platform for managing all asset types. It also supports industry-specific requirements by modeling nuclear objects and business processes, including:
- Technical specifications
- Surveillance testing
- Corrective actions
IBM Maximo Nuclear Power offers Extended Operational Management with major functionality added for complex capabilities required by nuclear power and other sophisticated power generation users.
IBM Maximo for Transportation
Maximo for Transportation provides enterprise asset management to improve the productivity of all types of transportation assets. Assets include fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives, rail vehicles, aircraft, vessels, and related linear assets. The software helps organizations meet regulatory requirements, extend asset life, optimize parts management, reduce road calls, and increase planned maintenance.
This industry-specific solution helps manage critical aspects of each assets lifecycle, while providing key capabilities such as automated alerts, campaigns, lifecycle accounting, fuel system integration, industry codes, motor pool capabilities, telematics integration, driver logs, warranty recovery, recent and repeat repair notification, and mechanics clipboard. Maximo for Transportation helps customers address the stringent requirements of regulatory bodies, while also adhering to industry-standard coding structures for industries such as trucking, rail, and aviation. Best practices are built into the solution to help extend asset life, optimize spare parts management, reduce road calls and incidents, and increase planned maintenance.
This is a complete solution for managing all transportation asset types, including fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives and rail vehicles, aircraft, and vessels, adding capabilities over Maximo Asset Management. It can be combined with Maximo Asset Configuration Manager to support maintenance, repair, and overhaul of aircraft.
IBM Maximo for Transportation provides:
- Advanced Asset Management capabilities for equipment status, meter change out and history, meter import, position codes, serial number changes, and warranty recovery
- Enhanced Work Management capabilities for campaigns, industry codes, labor certification, maintenance alerts, mechanics clip board, and outside repair orders
- Extended inventory management features for cycle counting and fuel tank management
IBM Maximo for Aviation
Maximo for Aviation provides robust lifecycle management and maintenance management capabilities for both rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Its focused tool set can help organizations that provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul services in the aviation market to improve the performance of their operations. With its advanced asset management functions, Maximo for Aviation can help your organization improve asset life, reduce aircraft downtime, and lower the cost of ownership.
Maximo for Aviation feature set includes:
- Enhanced data access control that provides more fine-grained access control to data
- Maintenance program management for equipment that enables equipment maintenance tasks to be defined as part of the operator maintenance program (OMP)
- Work package enhancements that enable users to define and manage the contents of a work package that is aligned to the operational processes of an organization
- Capability to allocate aircraft to flight schedules, validate the availability of the aircraft against planned maintenance, and import flight schedules from third-party applications
- Capability to define preflight checks and aircraft preparation in advance of the planned flights
- Capability to view the current role of an aircraft (for example, commercial) and to apply role changes based on predefined job cards
- Enhanced receiving and inspection process
- Integrated shipment and inventory usage processes
- Capability to provide a fixed price quote
- Support for customer tool rentals
- Support for the Maximo Calibration add-on
IBM Maximo for Civil Infrastructure
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure integrates the latest IBM asset lifecycle management capabilities to support operators in monitoring the condition of civil infrastructure, such as bridges, roads, and tunnels throughout the lifecycle of the infrastructure. It integrates inspection, anomaly tracking, and maintenance activities to help organizations improve asset life, keep critical systems up and running, and lower total cost of ownership of civil infrastructure.
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure bundles capability from IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management and its add-ons to provide capability to:
- Track and manage assets, including components of a structure, such as cables, hangers, and decks as well as related assets, such as fans, dampers, and dehumidifiers
- Manage planned and unplanned work activities, ranging from routine maintenance to complex structure updates
- Perform and record the results of inspections on steel and concrete structures, roads, rails, and related equipment
- Track contractor work, purchase orders, and contracts
- Visualize planned work and anomalies in asset, linear, spatial, or schematic views, accounting for the differing user interactions based on the different structures
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure provides infrastructure owners an accurate account of the history, condition, and planned activity related to assets on and in bridges, roads, tunnels, and railways. With Maximo for Civil Infrastructure, organizations can more efficiently inspect structures and manage the anomalies identified during inspections as well as manage routine work on structures. In addition, it allows for the connection of sensors on structures to gain deeper insights into the infrastructure they are managing.
Maximo for Civil Infrastructure enhances core Maximo Enterprise Asset Management functionality by providing a single install, using the add-ons needed to perform the initial configuration of security groups to focus on the applications most relevant to the management of civil infrastructure. With Maximo for Civil Engineering, organizations can begin the journey towards more automated and intelligent management of civil infrastructure.
Maximo Asset Management add-ons
IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler
Maximo Asset Management Scheduler enables planners and schedulers to graphically view work orders and preventive maintenance schedules on a Gantt chart, providing access to critical factors needed for the creation of an accurate and meaningful work schedule. It also accommodates the needs of the supervisors, dispatchers, and the field technicians in an effort to streamline the entire Maximo work management process.
Maximo Asset Management Scheduler provides:
- Better usability experience with the Graphical Assignment application. Some of the improved features include filtering work through the assignment view; highlighting related assignments; showing dependencies between selected assignments; and showing all dependencies in assignment view.
- New option for variable alternate availability capability. When overriding the resource availability in a schedule from Maximo data, users can now have different values for different days within the schedule.
- Configurable mouse-over data and tool tips data.
- Augmented optimization models. The Graphical Scheduling application now optimizes using the labor true availability or the override/variable alternative availability of resources; the Graphical Assignment application now optimizes by considering the secondary work zones of a labor or crew.
- Performance improvements. Enhancements include a new project flag alert that prevents users from loading related or nonpersistent fields; improved SQL; additional capability for selecting one or more rows for refresh; and other enhancements based on performance testing.
IBM Maximo Asset Management Scheduler Plus
Maximo Asset Management Scheduler Plus is an advanced work management tool for Maximo Asset Management that extends the capabilities of Maximo Scheduler to enable users to manage large projects (such as shutdowns, outages, and turnarounds), as well as all planned and unplanned maintenance, across either a broad geographic area or where weather plays an important factor in asset availability. It also includes all the capabilities of Maximo Scheduler. With this Maximo embedded solution, end-to-end work management can be accomplished using a single system of record.
Maximo Asset Management Scheduler Plus provides:
- Capability to see the status of one or more project schedules in a dashboard/report
- SMS notification for weather event alerts
- SMS notifications supporting customer appointment bookings
IBM Maximo Linear Asset Manager
Maximo Linear Asset Manager is a product add-on used for managing assets such as roads, pipelines, rail lines, and transmission lines. This product is licensed per Authorized User. Each IBM Linear Asset Management Authorized User must also have a license or limited use license with asset access for IBM Maximo Asset Management or an IBM Maximo Industry Solution.
Maximo Linear Asset Manager capabilities include:
- Linear visual control feature, providing an improved, user-friendly experience when managing your linear assets
- Apply user defined relationships to more accurately portray operational connectivity
- Use dynamic condition monitoring by adding a linear position expression to measurements
- Manage linear work using start and end measures or predefined reference points
- Track labor, materials and tools charges by linear measure and not just asset
- Search linear work orders using linear measures or reference points
IBM Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers
This solution deliver a suite of applications that can help your organization manage customer agreements, service delivery, customer billing, and supplier contracts. Maximo for Service Providers offerings fully support service as a business and feature extensive capabilities in service management for all asset classes. These Maximo solutions are designed to meet the needs of clients who manage assets and services for customers, as a business, or clients who manage assets and services within an enterprise and bill internally for those services.
Maximo Asset Management for Managed Service Providers solutions provide:
- Enhanced visibility to price summaries within the customer estimate and customer bill
- Usability improvements which allow pricing rules to be set on a group of work orders
- New feature which allows the price of billable work orders to be split or distributed between multiple customers
IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager
IBM Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager can help transform business models by integrating work, asset management, and health and safety functions. This offering can help businesses improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, helps businesses meet its safety requirements and its regulatory and compliance standards.
Some key new or enhanced features and capabilities of Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager:
- Incident Management: Log safety observations; report hazards; create communications short cuts; identify persons impacted by incidents and external witnesses, record injured witnesses, and injury and illness details; attach related documents, capture risk and consequence and assess impact; identify and log multiple assets, locations, and configuration items.
- Investigations: Record a sequence of events with an investigation.
- Management of Change: Document a prestart safety review within Maximo so that all relevant information to support a change is in one place.
- Operator Log: Capture the details related to a production loss during log entry; add crossover domains for all users in order to define applicable field where the incident should be logged.
- Permit to Work: Locate passing valves and identify isolation schemes.
- Chemical Management: Distinguish chemical items and incorporate any chemical specific inventory management process.
- Operational Risk Assessment: Circulate risk assessments for multiple reviews and approval so that risks are thoroughly evaluated by multiple persons.
IBM Maximo Asset Configuration Manager
This module is an add-on to Maximo that helps organizations manage the configuration of high-value, complex, and regulated assets such as aircraft and rail vehicles. It provides near-real-time calculation of an asset's configuration and the life of each component of the asset, enabling more accurate system and component analysis and reporting.
Maximo Asset Configuration Manager provides:
- Task card data importing enhancement that allows for an estimated due date (which is provided by an external system) to override the standard logic associated with a task card due date.
- Build Data Interpreter (BDI) capability to clearly indicate to the user that there is no BDI status associated with the record. A new icon with a textual indicator is automatically displayed based on the status of the record.
- Technical Records capability to ensure that the BDI does not validate Technical Records to improve performance where validation is not required.
- Task card generation behavior enhancements to prompt an appropriate manual review of the Technical Record requirement when it is automatically generated by the system.
- Model application enhancement of the part number search capability to enable a user to easily identify the part numbers that apply to their respective build items.
- Work order enhancement to close or update a work order when a task card or job card is deleted or modified, so that the user is fully aware of any changes that are made, and help maintain compliance.
IBM Maximo Calibration
Provides all requirements for traceability and reverse traceability, all calibration history data, calibration data sheets and reporting.
IBM Maximo Spatial Asset Management
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications provides bidirectional, end-to-end connectivity between Maximo based products and SAP ERP 6.0. The adapter simplifies and accelerates Maximo deployment in the enterprise and support ongoing real-time data exchange between Maximo and SAP. The adapter provides a library of predefined integrations supporting various business process integration scenarios for asset, work, material, procurement, human resources, and financials. Users can select the integrations that best suit their business scenarios to support their day-to-day operations. Predefined integrations can be extended, and new integrations can be added with its intuitive, easy-to-use development, configuration, and deployment environment.
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications helps reduce and manage the cost of initial and ongoing integration between IBM Maximo based products and SAP ERP 6.0 and streamlines business processes spanning across Maximo and SAP ERP 6.0 through automation and real-time data exchanges.
Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP Applications:
- Delivers support for integration to SAP
- Enables clients to integrate with SAP through a ready-to-use adapter with preconfigured integration points
- Delivers support for S/4HANA
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications provides bidirectional, end-to-end connectivity between Maximo based products and Oracle E-Business Suite 12. The adapter simplifies and accelerates Maximo deployment in the enterprise and supports ongoing real-time data exchange between Maximo and Oracle ERP systems. The adapter provides a library of predefined integrations supporting various business process integration scenarios for asset, work, material, procurement, human resources, and financials. Users can select the integrations that best suit their business scenarios to support their day-to-day operations. Predefined integrations can be easily extended, and new integrations can be added with its intuitive, easy-to-use development, configuration, and deployment environment.
IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications helps reduce and manage the cost of initial and ongoing integration between Maximo based products and Oracle E-Business Suite 12 and streamlines business processes spanning across Maximo and Oracle E-Business Suite 12 through automation and real-time data exchanges.
IBM Maximo Anywhere
IBM Maximo Anywhere is an advanced mobile application platform that integrates capabilities from IBM Maximo Asset Management, providing a single-vendor product for improving productivity in the field. Maximo Anywhere includes a wide range of applications that focus on asset, inventory, and work management, providing mobile users with access to critical data and services, anytime and anywhere.
Maximo Anywhere includes:
- Enhanced application communication, serviceability, and performance
- Increased platform support for application servers and databases
- Ease of scaling mobile infrastructure
- Seamless platform and application upgrade
IBM Maximo Monitor V8.0.0
Maximo Monitor is a solution that enables connectivity to devices and operational technology systems, allows no-code application of analytics and AI-based anomaly detection, and easy building and configuring of custom dashboards. This solution empowers operations and maintenance teams to remotely monitor assets and optimize operational runtime. With these capabilities, teams can learn the root cause of the alerts and perform remedial action.
Maximo Monitor provides personnel with a visualization and anomaly detection for current and historical trending data via historians, supervisory control, and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and IoT sensors. Its drill-down capabilities and hierarchical navigation, coupled with alerts and a prebuilt customizable dashboard, increase operational visibility by aggregating and analyzing data from a broad range of sources.
Maximo Monitor enables scaling of operational insights across departments, facilities, and geographies by using a low-code/no-code interface with a modern and customizable dashboard.
Through this set of capabilities, Maximo Monitor enables operations and maintenance leaders to obtain visibility of critical equipment and respond quickly to problems to reduce downtime. The configurable rules-based alerts, anomaly detection, and the capability to drill down into root cause provide teams with tools for intelligent intervention. This feature set also enables reliability engineers to better understand historical trends and supplies them with the capability to view historical data for forensic analysis of failure trends.
Back to top
To learn more about IBM Maximo Asset Management, V7.6.1, see Announcement Letter 218-206, dated July 24, 2018.
Back to top
|Program number||VRM||Program name|
|5737-M66||8.0.0||IBM Maximo Application Suite|
Back to top
Product information is available on the IBM Offering Information website.
More information is also available on the Passport Advantage® and Passport Advantage Express® website.
Back to top
English and national language product documentation can be accessed in IBM Knowledge Center on the general availability date:
Back to top
IBM Software Services has the breadth, depth, and reach to manage your services needs. You can leverage the deep technical skills of the lab-based software services team and the business consulting, project management, and infrastructure expertise of the IBM Global Services team. Also, IBM extends the reach of IBM Software Services through IBM Business Partners to provide an extensive portfolio of capabilities. IBM provides the global reach, intellectual capital, industry insight, and technology leadership to support a wide range of critical business needs.
To learn more about IBM Software Services, contact your Lab Services Sales or Delivery Leader.
Back to top
Specified operating environment
Hardware requirements for IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1 are available on the IBM Maximo Product Configuration Matrix.
For further assistance, contact your IBM representative.
Software requirements for IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.6.1 are available on the IBM Maximo Product Configuration Matrix.
IBM Support is your gateway to technical support tools and resources that are designed to help you save time and simplify support. IBM Support can help you find answers to questions, download fixes, troubleshoot, submit and track problem cases, and build skills. Learn and stay informed about the transformation of IBM Support, including new tools, new processes, and new capabilities, by going to the IBM Support Insider.
This offering is delivered as electronic download from Passport Advantage. There is no physical media.
Back to top
For ordering information, consult your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, or go to the Passport Advantage website.
This product is only available through Passport Advantage. It is not available as shrinkwrap.
These products may only be sold directly by IBM or by IBM Business Partners.
To locate IBM Business Partners in your geography, see the Find a Business Partner page.
IBM Maximo Application Suite V8.0
|Part number description||Part number|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint License + SW Subscription & Support 12 Months||D28AYLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Annual SW Subscription & Support Renewal||E0R1HLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint SW Subscription & Support Reinstatement 12 Months||D28AZLL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Monthly License||D28B2LL|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite per AppPoint Committed Term License||D28B4LL|
The charge metrics for these licensed products can be found in the following License Information document:
|Program name||License Information document number|
|IBM Maximo Application Suite||L-KBAI-BNNJXK|
Select your language of choice and scroll down to the Charge Metrics section.
Back to top
The information provided in this announcement letter is for reference and convenience purposes only. The terms and conditions that govern any transaction with IBM are contained in the applicable contract documents such as the IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM International Passport Advantage Agreement, and the IBM Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance.
This product is only available through Passport Advantage.
IBM International Program License Agreement including the License Information document and Proof of Entitlement (PoE) govern your use of the program. PoEs are required for all authorized use. Part number products only, offered outside of Passport Advantage, where applicable, are license only and do not include Software Maintenance.
This software license includes Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance).
Licenses under the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) provide for support with ongoing access to releases and versions of the program. IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) with the initial license acquisition of each program acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available. Two charges apply: a one-time license charge for use of the program and an annual renewable charge for the enhanced support that includes telephone assistance (voice support for defects during normal business hours), as well as access to updates, releases, and versions of the program as long as support is in effect.
License Information number
The following License Information document applies to the offerings in this announcement:
|Program number||License Information document title||License Information document number|
|5737-M66||IBM Maximo Application Suite||L-KBAI-BNNJXK|
Follow-on releases, if any, may have updated terms. See the License Information documents website for more information.
Limited warranty applies
IBM warrants that when the program is used in the specified operating environment, it will conform to its specifications. The warranty applies only to the unmodified portion of the program. IBM does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the program or that IBM will correct all program defects. You are responsible for the results obtained from the use of the program.
IBM provides you with access to IBM databases containing information about known program defects, defect corrections, restrictions, and bypasses at no additional charge. For further information, see the IBM Support Guide.
IBM will maintain this information for at least one year after the original licensee acquires the program (warranty period).
Program technical support
Technical support of a program product version or release will be available for a minimum of three years from the general availability date, as long as your Software Subscription and Support (also referred to as Software Maintenance) is in effect.
This technical support allows you to obtain assistance (by telephone or electronic means) from IBM for product-specific, task-oriented questions regarding the installation and operation of the program product. Software Subscription and Support (Software Maintenance) also provides you with access to updates (modifications or fixes), releases, and versions of the program. You will be notified, through an announcement letter, of discontinuance of support with 12 months' notice.
If you require additional technical support from IBM, including an extension of support beyond the discontinuance date, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. This extension may be available for a fee.
For additional information about the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy, see the IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policy website.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the program and you are the original licensee, you may obtain a refund of the amount you paid for it, if within 30 days of your invoice date you return the program and its PoE to the party from whom you obtained it. If you downloaded the program, you may contact the party from whom you acquired it for instructions on how to obtain the refund.
For clarification, note that (1) for programs acquired under the IBM International Passport Advantage offering, this term applies only to your first acquisition of the program and (2) for programs acquired under any of IBM's On/Off Capacity on Demand (On/Off CoD) software offerings, this term does not apply since these offerings apply to programs already acquired and in use by you.
Volume orders (IVO)
Passport Advantage applies
Yes, information is available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Software Subscription and Support applies
Yes. Software Subscription and Support, also referred to as Software Maintenance, is included with licenses purchased through Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express. Product upgrades and Technical Support are provided by the Software Subscription and Support offering as described in the Agreements. Product upgrades provide the latest versions and releases to entitled software, and Technical Support provides voice and electronic access to IBM support organizations, worldwide.
IBM includes one year of Software Subscription and Support with each program license acquired. The initial period of Software Subscription and Support can be extended by the purchase of a renewal option, if available.
While your Software Subscription and Support is in effect, IBM provides you assistance for your routine, short duration installation and usage (how-to) questions, and code-related questions. IBM provides assistance by telephone and, if available, electronic access, only to your information systems (IS) technical support personnel during the normal business hours (published prime shift hours) of your IBM support center. (This assistance is not available to your users.) IBM provides Severity 1 assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For additional details, see the IBM Support Guide. Software Subscription and Support does not include assistance for the design and development of applications, your use of programs in other than their specified operating environment, or failures caused by products for which IBM is not responsible under the applicable agreements.
Unless specified otherwise in a written agreement with you, IBM does not provide support for third-party products that were not provided by IBM. Ensure that when contacting IBM for covered support, you follow problem determination and other instructions that IBM provides, including in the IBM Support Guide.
For additional information about the International Passport Advantage Agreement and the IBM International Passport Advantage Express Agreement, go to the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
Variable charges apply
Educational allowance available
Back to top
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through intrusion prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a regulatory compliant, comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective.
Important: IBM does not warrant that any systems, products, or services are immune from, or will make your enterprise immune from, the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
Back to top
For additional information and current prices, contact your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner.
If you are an IBM Business Partner acquiring products from IBM, you may link to Passport Advantage Online for resellers where you can obtain Business Partner pricing information. An IBMid and password are required to access the IBM Passport Advantage or IBM PartnerWorld® website.
For Passport Advantage information and charges, contact your IBM representative or IBM Business Partner. Additional information is also available on the Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express website.
IBM Global Financing
IBM Global Financing offers competitive financing to credit-qualified clients to assist them in acquiring IT solutions. Offerings include financing for IT acquisition, including hardware, software, and services, from both IBM and other manufacturers or vendors. Offerings (for all client segments: small, medium, and large enterprise), rates, terms, and availability can vary by country. Contact your local IBM Global Financing organization or go to the IBM Global Financing website for more information.
IBM Global Financing offerings are provided through IBM Credit LLC in the United States, and other IBM subsidiaries and divisions worldwide to qualified commercial and government clients. Rates are based on a client's credit rating, financing terms, offering type, equipment type, and options, and may vary by country. Other restrictions may apply. Rates and offerings are subject to change, extension, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
To order, contact the IBM Digital Sales Center, your local IBM representative, or your IBM Business Partner. To identify your local IBM representative or IBM Business Partner, call 800-IBM-4YOU (426-4968). For more information, contact the IBM Digital Sales Center.
Phone: 800-IBM-CALL (426-2255)
Fax: 800-2IBM-FAX (242-6329)
For IBM representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
For IBM Business Partner: email@example.com
IBM Digital Sales Offices
1177 S Belt Line Rd
Coppell, TX 75019-4642, US
The IBM Digital Sales Center, our national direct marketing organization, can add your name to the mailing list for catalogs of IBM products.
Note: Shipments will begin after the planned availability date.
IBM, Maximo, PartnerWorld, Passport Advantage and Express are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Red Hat and OpenShift are registered trademarks of Red Hat Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or go to the IBM worldwide contacts page