Preview: IBM Domino Community Server for Non-Production intends to meet the high-impact challenges of application testing in non-production environmentsIBM United States Software Announcement 217-450
September 12, 2017
|Table of contents|
IBM® Domino® Community Server for Non-Production will be a nonwarranted license option that enables your organization to test applications in a non-production environment. This offering will provide students, developers, and vendors with the capability to test their custom IBM Domino applications.
IBM Domino software and its various client software access options deliver a reliable, security-rich messaging and collaboration environment that helps companies enhance the productivity of their employees, streamline business processes, and improve overall business responsiveness. As an advanced platform for hosting social business applications, IBM Domino offers scalable, security-rich applications at a low cost, helping your organization to improve productivity, accelerate operations, and enhance decision-making.
IBM Domino provides:
- Low cost of ownership. Minimizing administration needs through automated installations, policies, and monitoring helps staff to focus on higher-value tasks.
- Minimized infrastructure. Costs can be reduced by using less power, memory, data storage, network bandwidth, and servers.
- Rich application environment. Supporting workflow-driven and people-oriented applications help a wide variety of business operations deliver enhanced results.
- Security-rich. Strong security features help protect your critical business assets. You can control information access, protect sensitive information, and further maintain document authenticity.
- High availability. Enhanced features include advanced clustering, replication, server fault recovery, and automated diagnostic tools.
Domino Community Server for Non-Production will be available on the IBM developerWorks® website. When installing the Domino Community Server for Non-Production, the Utility installation must be selected. This will enable the Domino server to run non-production applications, while excluding use for any personal mailboxes.
Domino Community Server for Non-Production will be available in English only.
Back to top
|Planned availability date|
September 12, 2017
Back to top
|Statement of good security practices|
IT system security involves protecting systems and information through prevention, detection, and response to improper access from within and outside your enterprise. Improper access can result in information being altered, destroyed, or misappropriated or can result in misuse of your systems to attack others. Without a comprehensive approach to security, no IT system or product should be considered completely secure and no single product or security measure can be completely effective in preventing improper access. IBM systems and products are designed to be part of a comprehensive security approach, which will necessarily involve additional operational procedures, and may require other systems, products, or services to be most effective. IBM does not warrant that systems and products are immune from the malicious or illegal conduct of any party.
IBM, Domino and developerWorks are registered trademarks of IBM Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
For the most current information regarding IBM products, consult your IBM representative or reseller, or visit the IBM worldwide contacts page