A. IBM offers several in−family and competitive tradeup part numbers. As the name suggests, in−family pricing applies to moving from messaging−only capabilities to full collaboration capabilities within the same family (IBM Domino server licenses acquired through the client−server licensing model, IBM Domino Express per user licenses, select client licenses). In−family tradeup pricing is generally lower than the difference between current prices of the existing and new licenses.
The available in−family tradeup options are:
- IBM Domino Messaging Server to IBM Domino Enterprise server (except for Linux® on the IBM System z™ platform)
- IBM Domino Messaging Express to IBM Domino Collaboration Express
- IBM Domino Messaging Express or IBM Domino Collaboration Express to Passport Advantage CEO Communications per user licensing
- IBM Domino Messaging Client Access License to IBM Domino Enterprise Client Access License
Competitive tradeup licenses are discounted versions of regular IBM Domino Client access license offerings, and you are generally eligible when you retire non−IBM, competitive commercial e−mail software as part of the transaction. Eligibility extends to open source e−mail software when moving to IBM software running on the Linux operating system. Think of it as a way to turn in your current non− IBM licenses toward new IBM licenses. Please note that there are currently no competitive tradeup licenses for server software.
Competitive tradeup options are available to move from competitive e−mail software to:
- IBM Domino Messaging Client access license
- IBM Domino Enterprise Client access license
- IBM Domino Messaging Express
- IBM Domino Collaboration Express