What value does IBM's alliance with SAP offer me?
IBM and SAP have been partners for 43 years. IBM has extensive experience as SAP’s distinguished implementation partner with more than 37,000 SAP practitioners globally. This deep and longstanding relationship with SAP results in unique collaboration and co-innovation initiatives.
For example, IBM and SAP are currently co-innovating solutions that increase customer value through cognitive extensions, enhanced customer and user experiences, and industry-specific functionality.
IBM has 31 SAP Pinnacle Awards (more than any other partner).
And IBM has multiple SAP Global Partner Program Certifications. No other SAP partner has more.
- Global SAP Partner
- Global Services Partner
- Global Technology Partner
- Global Hosting Partner
- 2016 SAP S/4HANA North American Partner of the year
- SAP selected IBM as its first I SAP HEC Partner in 2014
Does IBM Cloud support managed SAP HANA?
Yes. IBM Cloud provides a self-service option and a fully managed option for S/4HANA.
What sizes of SAP HANA does IBM currently support or provide?
IBM Cloud offers up to 8 TB HANA.
What process and tools does IBM use to migrate enterprise customers to the cloud?
IBM uses proven tools and methodologies to help you with all aspects of the strategy, planning, testing, migration, go live and optimization including the following:
- Benefits estimator: Shows potential savings based on your IT maturity (available at no
- Workload Transformation Analysis: identifies workloads best suited for cloud
- Insight for SAP: Analyzes your current SAP infrastructure usage to better size the cloud
- environment (available at no charge).
- Pre-migration services: Identifies, plans, and prepares for workloads and infrastructure elements that will interact with SAP. These services help you identify potential changes needed at the organization level to adopt cloud successfully.
How does IBM Cloud handle security and disaster recovery?
What elements of my infrastructure and SAP application does IBM manage?
You can choose which elements you want IBM Cloud to manage. IBM can manage just the operating system, virtualization servers, storage, and network, those items as well as your middleware, or everything including the application layer. You choose what level of control that you want, and IBM will do the rest.
Does IBM Cloud also migrate and manage non-SAP applications?
Yes. IBM has decades of experience migrating SAP and non-SAP applications for clients.
Are Cloud Managed Services Right for your Business? How to Create a Successful Business Case