Lean on deep knowledge
IBM Cloud Support
Get self-guided support or purchase a plan for 24/7 help.
Why should I choose IBM Cloud Private?
Because here’s what you get:
- A range of deployment options, from private and public cloud to dedicated cloud, and a consistent experience across all of them
- Core operational services, including logging, monitoring and security
- Flexibility to integrate with existing tools and processes
- Containerized versions of IBM middleware provide prescriptive guidance to optimize workloads using your current apps, data, skills and infrastructure
- Open Kubernetes-based container platform with Cloud Foundry for application development and deployment, along with DevOps toolchain integration
- Integration capabilities to unlock your infrastructure and connect you with secure access to public cloud services like IBM Watson®, IBM Blockchain and more
When evaluating a private cloud solution, what should I look for?
Speed and scalability, including:
- Tools to accelerate development, testing and roll-out to production with Helm charts
- A choice of compute models for rapid innovation in enterprises, including infrastructure as code, Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry
- Component support for Terraform and Chef through the IBM Cloud Automation Manager to enable the orchestration of underlying infrastructure
- Deployment models that enable you to use current, familiar enterprise middleware, such as IBM Db2® and IBM WebSphere®
- A common catalog of enterprise and open services to accelerate developer productivity
- Capabilities that work across multiple cloud environments and providers
- Automatic horizontal and vertical scaling of applications
- Network and cloud storage policy-based controls for application isolation and security
Incident management, including:
- A set of common services for administrators, such as logging, management and integration for DevOps
- Common base services to support the scalable management of microservices, including Istio, monitoring with Prometheus, logging with ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Automated application-health checking and recovery from failures
What kind of results will IBM Cloud Private bring my organization?
Because proving any initiative’s ROI is crucial, IBM Cloud Private enables you to:
- Improve employee productivity and innovation
- Monitor applications running on the platform and quickly update workloads and the underlying platform, using continuous delivery techniques — all without requiring downtime
- Improve application quality and reduce defects
- Keep your data in a secure environment, in compliance with government regulations and industry standards
- Respond faster to market changes
- Manage the backup, recovery and disaster failover of applications containing critical data — automatically
Will I need multiple cloud platforms?
According to Forrester industry analyst Dave Bartoletti, it’s already a hybrid, multicloud world. More than 75% of companies are already using both public and private cloud. You can plan for a hybrid business model by empowering your developers, application owners and technology teams to work together to select the best platform for each of your important business applications.
Why is a private cloud necessary for some businesses?
When businesses are required to comply with government and industry regulations, such as data locality, to protect sensitive client data or to build mission-critical applications, private clouds enable them to mitigate risk by keeping data and applications on premises while taking full advantage of the speed and scalability of public cloud.