The most open and secure public cloud for business.
Fully 90% of mid to large enterprises will use public cloud services to achieve business innovation by 2022, yet over 75% will adopt a hybrid multicloud strategy by 2021. As cloud becomes widely adopted, it also becomes more complex. It is not just one technology, but multiple stacks of technologies spanning private clouds and public cloud offerings from multiple vendors.
Enterprises accept the new reality of this hybrid multicloud landscape, and they will necessarily find themselves at different points on this spectrum for the next several years as they migrate, modernize, and build new applications to become cloud-first.
The central role of public cloud
For all organizations, however, the role of the public cloud in their hybrid architecture is of paramount importance. Accelerating the efficiency and scale benefits of public cloud adoption for even the most complex workloads is the aim for all.
At IBM Cloud, we wanted to revisit what enterprises required from a public cloud provider. Based on thousands of engagements with clients from every industry, we have spent the last two years evolving our public cloud to meet the requirements of our most demanding clients in even the most heavily regulated environments.
The three principles of the IBM public cloud
We built our public cloud with three principles in mind:
1. Open innovation and the best public cloud for OpenShift
We understand that the next wave of cloud-based business innovation will be driven by open architectures—based on Kubernetes and containers—so our public cloud is built on a foundation of hardened open source software. From the hypervisor to developer tools to advanced services such as blockchain and AI/ML, open source is in our platform DNA:
- You can build and run applications with ease using cloud native services or deploy on managed Red Hat OpenShift, bringing instant deployment, automated vulnerability management, and self-healing resiliency to the industry’s most comprehensive enterprise Kubernetes platform.
- IBM is a leader of running Kubernetes production workloads at scale, with more than 16,000 production clusters deployed that support billions of transactions per day.
- We provide automated deployment of IBM Cloud Paks to provide a seamless “out-of-the-box” experience.
2. Security leadership with market-leading data protection
For our customers, the security of the public cloud is of utmost importance. In particular markets—such as healthcare, insurance, and financial services—our enterprise clients must handle large quantities of highly sensitive personal data spread across numerous environments. In order to modernize, they not only have to secure and protect this data, they must also ensure that how this data is moved and stored across environments meets ever-evolving regulatory policies. Striking this balance is difficult, and it is the reason why so many are turning to a cloud-first mindset. As a result, IBM Cloud has been designed to address these critical security demands for some of the world’s largest and most complex organizations in mind:
- It uses the same state-of-the-art cryptographic technology on which financial institutions rely.
- The data you store on our cloud is yours and yours alone. We allow you to bring your own key that no one but you can see—not even us.
- You can build and run your core business applications and workloads with industry and government compliance, single dashboard visibility, and multi-platform portability.
3. Enterprise grade for reliable and robust workloads
We believe the public cloud should be fit for even the most demanding enterprises. We designed our public cloud with them in mind, ensuring an enterprise grade destination for reliable and robust workloads:
- Only on IBM’s public cloud can you span classic enterprise multi-architecture lift-and-shift and broad VMware migration to cloud native leadership with broad support for Kubernetes, Knative, Istio, and Cloud Foundry.
- With nearly 2,000 clients, it is the right public cloud for VMware.
- We provide cloud migration for Power AIX, IBM i, IBM Z, SAP, and all of your mission-critical applications. Whether it is bare metal, GPU, or dedicated virtual compute, IBM has what you need.
- IBM’s compute choices and configurable autoscaling allow you to optimize for dynamic, demanding, sensitive, and secure workloads.
IBM public cloud and your digital transformation
No matter where you are in your cloud journey, the public cloud will play a critical role in the digital transformation of your organization. Clients from all over the world and from every industry are entrusting their business to the IBM public cloud today. Try it now to see why you can entrust your business to us, too.