Interested in backing up your workloads in the cloud? Try this no-cost, 30-day trial with Veeam on IBM Cloud.
This offer allows you to do the following:
- Deploy a backup environment in 60+ data centers across the globe.
- Backup VMware or Hyper-V virtual machines into the IBM Cloud using Veeam.
- Utilize IBM Cloud Object Storage as a cost-effective, long-term retention solution.
- Automatically provisioned IBM Cloud Virtual Server Instance (Classic) or Bare Metal Server with Windows Licensing
- Veeam Availability Suite (Veeam Backup and Replication, VeeamONE, and Enterprise Manager)
- The desired Veeam Backup and Replication Pack for VMware and Hyper-V (1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, and 500)
- The desired amount of SAN Storage
- 1 Gbps Public & Private Network Uplinks
- Hands-on assistance from the IBM and Veeam team, if requested
Follow the instructions below to add your promotion code to the IBM Cloud console
1. Go to https://cloud.ibm.com/login to enter your IBMid and Password.
2. Once logged into IBM Cloud, click the Catalog tile on the top right-hand corner.
3. Click the Virtual Server. (Note: Bare Metal Server is an alternative option for a Veeam Backup Server).
4. Under Public Instance, change the Billing from Hourly to Monthly. You change Billing by clicking the dropbox within the input box.
5. Choose your Data Center Location. In the example above, Dallas 13 (DAL13) was chosen.
6a. Chose All profiles, which will expose more VSI options, including the 8 vCPU and 32 GB of RAM required for this promotion.
6b. Choose a configuration equal or larger than B1.8x32—that is the 8 vCPU and 32 GB of RAM.
7. Under Image, choose Microsoft 2016 Standard (64 bit) - HVM.
8a. Click the Add-ons within the Image section.
8b. Once the menu opens, select the Veeam OS Add-on. Make sure it is Veeam Availability Suite (VBR + VeeamONE + Ent. Mgr.
8c. Go into CDP Add-on and select Veeam VM Backup for vSphere and Hyper-V. (Note: A 100 Pack was chosen, but any Pack works).
9. Select Add new for Attached Storage Disks. Provision the amount of necessary storage for your backup repository.
10. Scroll down to Network Interface and choose the 1 Gbps Public & Private Network Uplinks.
11. Once the ordering is completed, enter the promo in the Apply Promo Code tab. Enter "VEEAM2020" into the Promo Code tab. You should see a "success" notification indicating that the promotion has worked; if not, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will see the pro-rated initial charge of $0.00 for the first 30 days. Please note, terms, and conditions do apply.
If you need assistance once provisioned backing up your environment, check out our demo that walks through the process of backing up your VMs with Veeam.
Terms and Conditions
Offer valid until September 30, 2020. Discount applies only to the components detailed in the product's promotional description (VSI, Operating System, Veeam Licensing, Storage, and Bandwidth). This promotion will not be activated unless the bill of materials is not strictly followed. Any additional add-on will be charged at full list price. Upon signup, discounts applied will last for 30 days from the start date. Customer will accrue standard billing charges and full list price if not canceled after 30 days. The discounts cannot be combined with any other promotions, discounts, or offers. The VSI, Operating System, Veeam Licensing, Storage, and Bandwidth are pre-set and cannot be modified. Offers are valid while supplies last, and offers may not be available in all data centers. Valid on new or existing customer accounts. For existing customer accounts, the promotion applies to new orders only. The promotions are limited to one per account. The discount applies to the IBM Cloud list price. Additional exclusions may apply.