Welcome to the Next Generation IBM Blockchain Platform
5 min read
By: IBM Blockchain Platform team
We're excited to announce the general availability of the new IBM Blockchain Platform
Our IBM Blockchain Platform users have blazed a new path in the industry since the release of the original service in 2017. They have developed and tested new ideas, built pilot business networks, written smart contracts, and brought new solutions into production.
It’s time now for the next chapter of our blockchain journey, with the general availability of the new IBM Blockchain Platform. This next generation platform features a redesigned console and even better tools to help you build, operate, and grow blockchain networks. As we move to this new platform, here is what you need to know.
- Build with an integrated developer experience using the new IBM Blockchain Platform Extension for VS Code. Write smart contracts in Node.js, Golang, or Java, and build your applications leveraging the latest features of Hyperledger Fabric v1.4.1, such as Raft ordering service and Private Data Collections.
- Operate using the redesigned console, which gives you the power to customize your blockchain network components and deploy them in a range of configurations to fit your business goals. Manage all of your network components in one place no matter where they are deployed, and maintain control of all your public certificates and private keys.
- Grow with the freedom to connect to nodes running on multiple on-premises, public cloud, or hybrid cloud environments. Start small with no upfront fees with the new pay-as-you-grow pricing model that scales with you.
How do I get started?
- Sign up and create your IBM Blockchain Platform instance.
- Download the IBM Blockchain Platform Extension for VS Code to seamlessly develop, test, and deploy your smart contracts.
- Read our documentation to learn more about deployment options, pricing, and how to set up and configure your blockchain network.
What if I am using an existing plan for the IBM Blockchain Platform?
Beta Trial Users:
- As of July 4, 2019, new IBM Blockchain Platform beta trial instances cannot be provisioned.
- Existing beta trial instances will continue to be supported until August 4, 2019. Please delete your beta trial instances before this date.
Starter Plan Users:
- As of July 5, 2019, new IBM Blockchain Platform Starter Plan instances cannot be provisioned.
- Existing Starter Plan instances will continue to be supported until June 4, 2020.
Enterprise Plan Users:
- The Enterprise Plan can be provisioned and will continue to be supported until further notice.
- Customers with existing instances will receive direct communications from the IBM Blockchain team on next steps for upgrading to the new platform.
Please note that the IBM Cloud Catalog tile previously referring to "Blockchain Platform 2.0” will now read simply, “Blockchain Platform.”