Discover and migrate your infrastructure components and applications from IBM Cloud classic to IBM Cloud VPC with a simple and easy-to-use tool.
IBM’s next generation cloud platform gives enterprises a logically isolated virtual private cloud with the enhanced agility, scale, security, and reliability of the IBM Cloud platform. But how exactly can you take advantage of this new platform if you are on classic infrastructure? How do you migrate your existing environment (compute, network, and storage resources) to IBM Cloud VPC?
IBM Cloud has partnered with Wanclouds to provide a self-service tool called VPC+ Cloud Migration that automates migration from IBM Cloud classic infrastructure to IBM Cloud VPC.
How does the VPC+ Cloud Migration tool work?
VPC+ Cloud Migration automatically discovers your IBM Cloud classic infrastructure resources and components that can be migrated to IBM Cloud VPC. You can choose the resources that you want to migrate and the tool provisions these resources in VPC.
After you are in IBM Cloud VPC, you can optimize, manage, and monitor your resources through the IBM Cloud console. The VPC+ tool reduces the complexity and accelerates the migration by eliminating the need to develop scripts or any specialized knowledge. In addition, the VPC+ tool offers a single view for visualizing the network topology of the infrastructure components. From this view, you can create, configure, and migrate the components over to the new environment through a simple workflow process. You can also manage your IBM Cloud VPC for future migrations.
Key features of the VPC+ Cloud Migration tool
- Migration workspace: A migration workspace is created to migrate virtual server instances and network functions so that you can view your infrastructure landscape, do a quick assessment, and plan your migration.
- Intuitive user interface: Highlights connectivity between virtual servers and network components. This allows you to track and understand the relationship and impact of ACLs, security groups, load balancers, public gateways with respect to subnets, and virtual server instances.
- Transit gateway integration: Interconnect your VPCs across regions and your IBM Cloud classic environment.
- Discover and import: Existing virtual server instances, images from IBM Cloud classic infrastructure, and IBM Cloud Object Storage into pre-existing VPCs.
- SSO: Integrated with IAM to provide a seamless experience for IBM Cloud customers. You can simply log in with your IBMid.
- Templates: Save your VPC infrastructure as a template for easy deployment and reuse in the same or different regions.
How can I get started?
Ready to use VPC+ Cloud Migration? Check out the following links to get started today: