Today, we announce the End of Life for IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for PostgreSQL and IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB.
While this offering has been around for a few years and we have seen interest in the capabilities it provided to you and your business, we will pivot to a future delivery strategy that focuses on IBM Cloud Databases.
Key dates for service deprecation
- End of Marketing will be on April 15, 2023. After this date, no new instances can be created.
- End of Support will be on November 30, 2023. This is the last date IBM Cloud will deliver support.
- End of Life will be on March 1, 2024. Full migrations need be finished/instances will be deleted.
What is the path forward?
- Customer self-managed databases running in IBM Hyper Protect Virtual Servers.
- Managed database options via IBM Cloud Databases, with optional additional security like data shields or Keep Your Own Key (KYOK) with IBM Hyper Protect Crypto Services.
If you need help with any of the actions above or have additional questions, please contact us. For Hyper Protect Crypto Services related questions, reach out to Horst Hummel or Sowmya Nataraj. For IBM Cloud Databases related questions, reach out to James Bennett.