Find out what you can get with this free offer and how to get started.
Companies are embracing the cloud to increase speed to market, operationalize platform costs, and enable greater flexibility. Many core systems that are the bedrock of our transactional life have been built on the IBM Power platform: Linux, AIX, and IBM i. Skytap on IBM Cloud is the only cloud service where you can bring those IBM Power workloads—along with x86 and containers—into a single environment that can be migrated, managed, and modernized.
Skytap on IBM Cloud is purpose-built to natively run traditional systems in the cloud. With it, entire Power and mixed platform applications can be moved to the cloud unchanged, maintaining their network connectivity, data, and full configurations. Skytap’s extensible application environments are compatible with on-premises data centers, simplifying migration and providing teams self-service access to develop, deploy, and accelerate innovation for even the most complex applications.
With Skytap on IBM Cloud, you can quickly migrate to the cloud, employ DevOps practices, and solidify disaster recovery plans:
- Cloud migration: Data center consolidation/closure, operationalizing platform costs, impending hardware refresh, and the need to be agile are just some of the reasons that clients are migrating to cloud. Skytap on IBM Cloud allows you to move workloads to the cloud without the cost and risk associated with re-platforming or refactoring. There is no need to delay value realization—you can start today. Entire environments can be provisioned self-service with a single click of a button and be ready for use within minutes, without high maintenance scripting or last mile configuration.
- Disaster recovery (DR): How solid is your disaster recovery strategy? Skytap on IBM Cloud is an ideal DR platform—applications do not have to be modified, there is no need to buy an exact set of duplicate hardware in another location, and you are not restricted to the sizing options provided by a hardware solution. This is especially important for businesses with solutions in the small to medium range. Make sure your DR strategy is solid without breaking the bank.
- DevOps: The ability to spin up and shut down any environment versions that you may ever need to access within minutes in a self-service manner is game changing for your Software Development Lifecycle. The ability to clone and rapidly update environments enables true parallel development and testing and more rapid defect elimination. Skytap on IBM Cloud is API driven and can leverage existing Continuous Integration toolchains. Build, test, and deploy applications faster, with lower costs and higher quality.
Special $500 promotional offer for Skytap on IBM Cloud
New Skytap on IBM Cloud clients get can $500 worth of credit. What can you do with that credit? For example, you can create an application environment with up to 44GB of RAM and 2 TB of storage and run it for four weeks. In that four weeks you’ll be able to do the following:
- Run the application in the cloud and evaluate performance.
- Create a DR site in the cloud and do DR testing.
- Create an application environment in the cloud for your development and test teams. Demonstrate how easily they can access environments and how self-service environments can accelerate the Software Development Lifecycle.
The $500 USD credit is available for use over 90 days. Once 90 days has passed, the credit will expire, and all costs are the responsibility of the user. Any costs incurred beyond the $500 USD credit prior to the 90-day expiration will also be the responsibility of the user. There is no obligation to continue with the usage of this offer once it expires.
Redeeming this offer is as easy as 1-2-3
Step 2: Within your account, click Manage and select Billing & Usage from the drop-down list.
Step 3: Select Promotions, enter the code SKYTAP1, then click Apply.