There are a number of exciting new features in OpenShift v4.4.
We are excited to announce the availability of OpenShift version 4.4 for your clusters that are running in Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud. With our fully managed OpenShift service, you can easily upgrade your clusters without the need for deep OpenShift knowledge. When you deploy new clusters, the default OpenShift version remains 4.3; you can also choose to immediately deploy version 4.4. Learn more about deploying clusters here.
In addition to all the great OpenShift features provided in this release, Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud version 4.4 now supports Key Management Service (KMS) providers. See the Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud version 4.4 changelog for details.
- Log into IBM Cloud.
- Open the Catalog and search for OpenShift:
- In the OpenShift version dropdown, select 4.4:
- Under Select an environment, choose VPC infrastructure. Now you will see your existing Virtual Private Cloud instances. Configure the cluster name, tags, and geography as normal. You will also see the existing subnets created under your VPC instance:
- Select the worker node flavors for your default pool and the number of nodes per zone, then click Create cluster and get ready to use the OpenShift Service on VPC!
- Keep playing with your managed OpenShift cluster by deploying a starter kit app.
OpenShift support and updates
Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud now supports the latest two versions of OpenShift—4.3 and 4.4. Clusters running version 3.11 are deprecated and will tentatively be unsupported in June 2022. It is important to note clusters that run deprecated OpenShift versions may not receive fixes for security vulnerabilities. Review the potential impacts and migrate from version 3.11 to 4.3 today.